Thread: Vent directly into loft?

Thanks

Default Vent directly into loft?

For my next run I'm thinking about moving things about a little.. I have a tiny hole already going into the loft with some copper piping.. Is it safe to vent up through there as well or shall I continue to go out the window? Thanks for any input and I've never been in the loft so who knows what's up there haha Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210224_211733.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	395798Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210224_211714.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	395799

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (25-02-21), GEORGE (24-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

The usual reason for venting into the loft is that venting through the window is impractical. As you are already using a window, I can't see any benefit to using the loft.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-02-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    The usual reason for venting into the loft is that venting through the window is impractical. As you are already using a window, I can't see any benefit to using the loft.
    I also intake from the same window and recently my temps had gone up a couple degrees as had to pull ducting back could be seen from outside so some the hot air was blowing back into the room, probs just gonna ditch the intake or move it elsewhere anyway tbh

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (25-02-21), GEORGE (25-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Air being pushed outside will draw in air from the rest of the house.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-02-21), UkMedicalGrower (25-02-21)