Thread: Anyone came across Niwa automation?

Thanks

Default Anyone came across Niwa automation?

I only saw this the other day and looked quite good, but unfortunately is only available in the US. Logs everything in the one app and can adjust for temp, humidity, water pumps, heaters etc.

Looking to get something similar but haven’t come across anything here yet, at least not at that price mark.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (25-02-21), GEORGE (25-02-21), Mac (25-02-21), scoot (26-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Not heard of them before, the app looks pretty cool

You can achieve a similar setup for the money, but requires 2 or 3 apps and a new fan . 215/200 quid all in compared to the 200 dollars (customs and shipping to add) so pretty close to budget.

I run Meross wifi smart extensions for automated on/off and timers etc. Run my 3 fans (1 from USB) and heater (thermostat on the radiator set for minimum temp I want and it shuts off as required) from the USB one and 2 x 260w LED lights, extraction fan and an air pump on the other. Controlled from its own app. They cost ~25 quid each from Amazon, probably cheaper elsewhere . The do several versions, I have a four gang and a 3 gang with 4 usb slots on it.
    The app allows you to set up multiple scenarios so you can control groups of sockets as well as each one individually etc, I created a kill switch and a reboot and dropped a shortcut on my phones home screen You can rename each socket in the app so ya know which is which etc etc.
    Wouldn't recommend them for HPS tho as the start up load would probably be too much for them.

My fan controller (AC Infinity C67) auto adjusts accordingly, can be programmed/adjusted via the controller or the app, logs temp humidity min max average etc via bluetooth to the app. I believe the AC infinity controller is proprietary to the AC infinity fans Six inch fan and controller is about 150 quid from our forum sponsors https://ledgrowshop.co.uk/. On the plus side they are EC motor and PWM controlled so very quiet and efficient too, pulls 9 watts at the wall at 30% speed which I cant hear from 2 feet away
    Plenty of environment controllers on the market for if you have existing fans you want to use. Not sure which have logging/app integration tho as its a while since I have looked at them.

My screwdriver controls my dimmers tho no getting round that one I've got some raspberry pi model Bs knocking about somewhere I was gonna set up for light sensors but never got round to it, so use an Urceri hand held lux meter for that and do some maths. Does 0-140k lux 15 quid on amazon. Or there is a mobile app if you want a free version. Phones light sensors generally go from 0- ~60k lux. Search Light Lux Meter on your app store.

If you go raspberry pi then a light sensor is about 2-3 quid and the pi is ~25 quid, couple quid for some wire
    Last edited by Mac; 25-02-21 at 01:47 PM.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (25-02-21), GEORGE (25-02-21), M_C (25-02-21), scoot (26-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Forgot to mention the extensions can be controlled via alexa/google home etc too

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (25-02-21), GEORGE (25-02-21), scoot (26-02-21)