Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: lED growers review help

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrollerbean View Post
    Wow, way over my head most of this, so long as it does what I intend it too I’m
    Fairly happy, I do actually have a little QB 150w and love it, but I do run my viparspectra too and I honestly can not complain about the performance of that either, just thought I’d give a quick check with you guys with the knowledge before I ordered the phlizon but I’ve opted away from it for now, since I’m here though what’s the verdict on the new p600 etc series of the vipars? Big thank you for the info, one day it will make sense to me
    All much of an average muchness those brands mate. If they were half price of the good ones I would say go for one all day long but seems wrong to pay 170 for a Philizon/Vipar/Mars/Spider when you can get HLG for same sort of price. There is a lot of info out there to inform and confuse but honestly I havent come across a better performance. You can just see it, you dont need spec sheets or numbers. I started with Mars and used to back them btw but then just saw that they are jumping on a band wagon like so many and saying "they are the same"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-03-21), GEORGE (07-03-21), Lowrollerbean (08-03-21), scoot (17-03-21), Valentina (08-03-21)

Thanks

Secondly, IEDs are normally bad for growing and just life in general lol

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-03-21), GEORGE (07-03-21), Lowrollerbean (08-03-21), Max - LEDTonic (07-03-21), scoot (17-03-21), Valentina (08-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Secondly, IEDs are normally bad for growing and just life in general lol
    I thought IEDs were a blast. (sorry poor taste)

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Cats (10-05-21), gardro (07-03-21), GEORGE (07-03-21), Lowrollerbean (08-03-21), Max - LEDTonic (07-03-21), scoot (17-03-21), Valentina (08-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

All much of an average muchness those brands mate. If they were half price of the good ones I would say go for one all day long but seems wrong to pay 170 for a Philizon/Vipar/Mars/Spider when you can get HLG for same sort of price. There is a lot of info out there to inform and confuse but honestly I havent come across a better performance. You can just see it, you dont need spec sheets or numbers. I started with Mars and used to back them btw but then just saw that they are jumping on a band wagon like so many and saying "they are the same"
    I did avoid the phlizon but I did venture down the viper route again, £89 for the 95w draw vipar with Samsung diodes, to be honest next to the QB I have they’re both about the same “blinding” considering I don’t have a fully dialled
    In room more of a wing it I don’t need top bin just anything that’s not shite or hps haha cheers for the help again fella

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-03-21), Max - LEDTonic (08-03-21), scoot (17-03-21), Valentina (08-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

... seems wrong to pay 170 for a Philizon/Vipar/Mars/Spider when you can get HLG for same sort of price. There is a lot of info out there to inform and confuse but honestly I havent come across a better performance. You can just see it, you dont need spec sheets or numbers. ...
    THAT.

Granted, they are all businesses, and fundamentally have to make money. However, for the same amount of money out of your pocket, I would go for something that has the best combination of reliability, and luminosity/PAR.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-03-21), gardro (08-03-21), GEORGE (08-03-21), scoot (17-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrollerbean View Post
    I did avoid the phlizon but I did venture down the viper route again, £89 for the 95w draw vipar with Samsung diodes, to be honest next to the QB I have they’re both about the same “blinding” considering I don’t have a fully dialled
    In room more of a wing it I don’t need top bin just anything that’s not shite or hps haha cheers for the help again fella
    No worries bud, im sure it will get the job done.

Just for reference an extra few quid would get a HLG100 with 20%+ more omph per watt. Its actually cheaper than than the Vipar for the light you get, thats the only point I like to make, find best long bang for buck.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-03-21), GEORGE (08-03-21), scoot (17-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

No worries bud, im sure it will get the job done.

Just for reference an extra few quid would get a HLG100 with 20%+ more omph per watt. Its actually cheaper than than the Vipar for the light you get, thats the only point I like to make, find best long bang for buck.
    Not to sound stupid mate but how do they put out 20% more if they’re running the same diodes? I have it sat next to my HLG 150 and they’re very very similar except the vipar has some more bluish light, all in though for £80 and pulling 95w its doing exactly what I need, far superior to the older vipar I have (600tc) growth from this new light is leaving the other plants behind

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-03-21), scoot (17-03-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2