Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any Secret Jardin Parabolic users?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,052 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkpunch View Post
    Hahaha I totally understand where you’re coming from Sir Digby ,it’s way better to double if not triple check things. If you are not sure of things as at the end of the day even if nothing ever and I sincerely hope and wish it never does go wrong. Just the thought of not being sure can lead to the difference between enjoying the hobby and just spending every single day worrying which just makes the whole thing pointless as the stress out ways the pleasure. You can always get a automatic fire extinguisher fitted if you do get to that stage mind but that’s a bit of a extreme measure. I just got a pint glass of milk out side to throw over the electrics if it ever does catch on fire as i got told milk don’t conduct electricity so i should be safe
    But that was my ex girlfriend that told me that ... wait a fecking minute ????
    The lying tart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth, Skunkpunch. I'm sure I'll already have enough worries with the plants.

The extinguisher seems good sense to have around, growing or not.
    Already got packages coming in almost every day next week. Gotta let the credit cards cool a bit first.
    ~It's a violent universe~

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (06-03-21), GEORGE (06-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), M_C (06-03-21), Skunkpunch (06-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

I'm actually glad to see that you are taking the time & trouble to do things correctly mate... my first grow wasn't as well thought out
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (06-03-21), GEORGE (06-03-21), Karsa (08-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (06-03-21), Skunkpunch (06-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,513 Times

I bough two 600mm ones when they first came out, i thought they were fantastic as i was always smashing me head on those bastard metal parabolics, and the hassle bolting them together made these seem a no brainer.
    That was until i came home one day and found both lights were off, I checked bulbs, checked fuses, relay contactor, fuses on that everything, so took them both apart, ffs wtf, both live wires had twisted loose due to the oscillating fan i had in the room gently moving them, thus both areas around the live wires were brown/burnt only my home electrics tripping out prevented a fire, so a proper shit design, maybe with two hanging hooks they would be fine, also the plastic hanging loop didn't gel well with from the offset.
    imnice

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imnice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), M_C (07-03-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (06-03-21), Skunkpunch (06-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I'm actually glad to see that you are taking the time & trouble to do things correctly mate... my first grow wasn't as well thought out
    I'm sure I've missed plenty and will find out soon, but I'm trying.

Quote Originally Posted by imnice View Post
    I bough two 600mm ones when they first came out, i thought they were fantastic as i was always smashing me head on those bastard metal parabolics, and the hassle bolting them together made these seem a no brainer.
    That was until i came home one day and found both lights were off, I checked bulbs, checked fuses, relay contactor, fuses on that everything, so took them both apart, ffs wtf, both live wires had twisted loose due to the oscillating fan i had in the room gently moving them, thus both areas around the live wires were brown/burnt only my home electrics tripping out prevented a fire, so a proper shit design, maybe with two hanging hooks they would be fine, also the plastic hanging loop didn't gel well with from the offset.
    imnice
    And the award for last post I wanted to read, but glad I did goes to...

Really sorry to hear that, Imnice. Damn glad your breakers/fuses did their job. Man...
    Appreciate you sharing this. Big time. I hadn't even thought of mechanical failure caused by motion. I'm gonna have to crack it open now (unplugged) and make sure connections look secure from the start. Will figure a way to hang it more securely. Think I know what you mean about the loop; it's got a swivel thing going on.

Thanks again, man. Huge.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (06-03-21), GEORGE (06-03-21), imnice (07-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), M_C (07-03-21), Skunkpunch (07-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
    I'm sure I've missed plenty and will find out soon, but I'm trying.

And the award for last post I wanted to read, but glad I did goes to...

Really sorry to hear that, Imnice. Damn glad your breakers/fuses did their job. Man...
    Appreciate you sharing this. Big time. I hadn't even thought of mechanical failure caused by motion. I'm gonna have to crack it open now (unplugged) and make sure connections look secure from the start. Will figure a way to hang it more securely. Think I know what you mean about the loop; it's got a swivel thing going on.

Thanks again, man. Huge.
    Plastic lock washers should help with that.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (07-03-21), Skunkpunch (07-03-21)

Thanks

plastic lock washers won't do anything to change the design fault, it needs for example an allen bolt through the loop bolted to say a rectangle piece of metal with a hanging point each end to stop the potential swivelling of the reflector with the slightest air movement, thing is they are super light so this does not help matters.
    imnice

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imnice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (07-03-21), Skunkpunch (07-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

Quote Originally Posted by imnice View Post
    plastic lock washers won't do anything to change the design fault, it needs for example an allen bolt through the loop bolted to say a rectangle piece of metal with a hanging point each end to stop the potential swivelling of the reflector with the slightest air movement, thing is they are super light so this does not help matters.
    imnice
    I thought the post said that a couple of nuts had loosened up causing the short.
    Miss read or confused another post with this one.
    Last edited by M_C; 07-03-21 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (07-03-21), Skunkpunch (07-03-21)

Thanks

I wasn't sure what it looked like in there until now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210306_195354.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	396379

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210306_195449.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	396380

In my expert electrical opinion, everything seems attached.

I get what you're saying, Imnice; a couple hanging hooks through that single point loop doesn't seem like it'd do much.
    I'm thinking two thinnish eyebolts could be screwed through opposing sides of the loop, like mouse ears, creating two anchor points, or three if needed. Gonna think on less invasive solutions. But yeah, not the best design.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-03-21), GEORGE (07-03-21), imnice (07-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), Skunkpunch (07-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    I thought the post said that a couple of nuts had loosened up causing the short.
    Miss read or confused another post with this one.
    no the wires were constantly being twisted left to right due to osc fan, although only like 5 degrees each way but over a few months managed to snap both wires causing the short.
    imnice

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imnice For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-03-21), GEORGE (07-03-21), Karsa (08-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (08-03-21), Skunkpunch (07-03-21)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Guilty

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-03-21), GEORGE (08-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), M_C (09-03-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-03-21), Skunkpunch (09-03-21)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast