Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dumped my basket :(

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Same M_C lol. I was gonna order seeds for a competition. Order was £70.70. With the discount of 15% and the 9.99 delivery charge....works out ad only be saving bout 60p?
    Thought there might have been free delivery for orders over 50 quid. So......just gonna leave it for now. I dont wanna pay a tenner for delivery from Edinburgh to Glasgow. I would be cheaper collecting them in person lol

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-03-21), Farmer Geddon (08-03-21), GEORGE (06-03-21), MrC (06-03-21), M_C (06-03-21), scoot (06-03-21), Valentina (08-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,887 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Do you actually have to tick the 9.99 charge? It says standard shippin is free, I imagine you tried already...
    The box is pre ticked... you can't untick it
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-03-21), Farmer Geddon (08-03-21), GEORGE (06-03-21), RASTA (06-03-21), scoot (06-03-21), Valentina (08-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I've just ordered beans from my usual seedbank. Postage was £4.90 iirc. Under a fiver anyway.

Some firms really take the piss. They get all your details first. On the next page they add the postage and the page after that is when they add the vat.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-03-21), GEORGE (08-03-21), M_C (08-03-21), RASTA (08-03-21), scoot (08-03-21), Valentina (08-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

Royal Mail Special Delivery is a little over 5 pounds, a pound shop DVD, and a jiffy bag bring that to about 7 pounds. The extra money to hire someone and to stock the DVD cases etc, 10 pounds is a lot to the buyer but not entirely outrageous IMO.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-03-21), M_C (08-03-21), RASTA (08-03-21), scoot (08-03-21), TeamVault - The Vault (08-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Was going to order some seeds from you guys...

Seed cost - £23.91
    Discount code saving - £3.59
    Total cost - £20.32

So far, a happy chappy

Next page... shipping £9.99 - pretty much 50% of the basket cost

Basket dumped

...did I miss something or is it really a tenner for P&P?
    Hi Guys,

George here from The Vault (Owner)

I too hate what we have to charge for this but believe me its forced upon us. We relocated our HQ to Spain some time ago as have most of the larger seed companies because its much easier for seed companies there. Unfortunately for our UK customers that means we have to charge international shipping fee's and now following Brexit there are other taxes on top of this as well that we absorb for you (other companies would leave the import tax for you to deal with etc.)

However, we do include guaranteed shipping so should there be an issue we will replace the order for free.

BUT, I always listen to customers so I will at least ensure this is better explained in the cart and I am already in discussions with some new shipping partners (since Brexit, the options are limited) and logistics in an effort to bring these costs down. We charge what we are charged for shipping and yes as a company we decided to send using more expensive options for speed and security but I will not compromise on that.

George
    THCTALK15 for 15% discount

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TeamVault - The Vault For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-03-21), Cats (06-05-21), Easy-T (08-03-21), GEORGE (08-03-21), MrC (08-03-21), M_C (08-03-21), RASTA (08-03-21), scoot (08-03-21), Valentina (08-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,887 Times

I actually looked to see where the order came from. As you have an office within the UK, I would have assumed from there.

Since the UK left the EU over a year ago, it's a little rich to still be blaming Brexit - but it is what it is...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-03-21), RASTA (08-03-21), scoot (08-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Best say if its duty and VAT then and itemise it, brexit gets rinsed as a reason. Its nothing to do with Brexit, as in its the same as shipping to any non EU country aka a commercial invoice and tick couple boxes.

I suppose to give balance, a grower would hate a courier knocking your door asking for VAT because seller ticked "buyer to pay all import fees"

Her Majesty do keep a quota on all imports to all individuals so perhaps a word of caution if you want to be fully stealth.

I mean, if anyone just set up a british seedbank.......

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-03-21), GEORGE (08-03-21), M_C (08-03-21), RASTA (08-03-21), scoot (08-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I actually looked to see where the order came from. As you have an office within the UK, I would have assumed from there.

Since the UK left the EU over a year ago, it's a little rich to still be blaming Brexit - but it is what it is...
    Not really buddy, whilst they left a year ago the actual laws only took effect Jan 1st and were rushed in last minute by the Gov. A lot of companies across all industries suspended trade with the UK because it was (and still is) a bit of a mess with no clear instruction still in some respects. Believe me this has hit us hard, we are doing our best to absorb import tax on your behalf amongst other things, we make no money on shipping.

Have a look on social media and see how many UK customers now order things and are hit with import tax.

We have an office in the UK but moved to Spain for the reason already explained, believe me, any seed company still based in the UK is going to struggle soon.

At The Vault we strive to bring you the best we can buddy but some things we cant control.

Don,t forget we guarantee your orders as well.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TeamVault - The Vault For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-03-21), Herbitual (08-03-21), RASTA (08-03-21), scoot (08-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Best say if its duty and VAT then and itemise it, brexit gets rinsed as a reason. Its nothing to do with Brexit, as in its the same as shipping to any non EU country aka a commercial invoice and tick couple boxes.

I suppose to give balance, a grower would hate a courier knocking your door asking for VAT because seller ticked "buyer to pay all import fees"

Her Majesty do keep a quota on all imports to all individuals so perhaps a word of caution if you want to be fully stealth.

I mean, if anyone just set up a british seedbank.......
    I think you misunderstand me, we pay the import taxes buddy so our customers don't have to deal with that on top. We are open, transparent and honest and pay our taxes.

Add in guaranteed delivery and I think £9.99 is starting to look pretty ok?

British seedbanks are going to struggle now with the law changes, like I said...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TeamVault - The Vault For This Useful Post:

gardro (08-03-21), GEORGE (08-03-21), RASTA (08-03-21), scoot (08-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Quote Originally Posted by George_The_Vault View Post
    Not really buddy, whilst they left a year ago the actual laws only took effect Jan 1st and were rushed in last minute by the Gov. A lot of companies across all industries suspended trade with the UK because it was (and still is) a bit of a mess with no clear instruction still in some respects. Believe me this has hit us hard, we are doing our best to absorb import tax on your behalf amongst other things, we make no money on shipping.

Have a look on social media and see how many UK customers now order things and are hit with import tax.

We have an office in the UK but moved to Spain for the reason already explained, believe me, any seed company still based in the UK is going to struggle soon.

At The Vault we strive to bring you the best we can buddy but some things we cant control.

Don,t forget we guarantee your orders as well.
    Aye...and RQS seeds, for example, don't ship to the UK at all at the moment.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-03-21), RASTA (08-03-21), scoot (08-03-21)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast