Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Energy switch

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,781 Times

Default Energy switch

Does anyone know if british gas can stop me switich supply to edf if i have debt less that 500 on my meter have like 70 debt on it but have over 100 in the meter they have refused my supply switch due to this i have found a few things plus an email from BG saying if your debt is under 500 should be no problem with the switch but i have been knocked back even if anyone would know who could contact ect try get it sorted anyone know if i can just tell BG to take the money out the meter to pay debt up front as my new supplier was going onto dry meters

Thanks

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ivana_Groweed For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (10-03-21), GEORGE (10-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), Petal (10-03-21)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (10-03-21), GEORGE (10-03-21), Ivana_Groweed (10-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), Petal (10-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Have a read here on some information Ivana_Groweed >> Citizens advice - Switching energy supplier if you’re in debt

If you're unsure, just give them a call or message them via online chat
    I have read that mate its telling me that if my debt is under 500 BG dont have the right to stop me switching same as the ofcom website has a form on it basicly saying what i need to tell british gas but i plan giving them a bell later mate don't see why they wont just take the debt out the meter its 64 quid i have 77 in it but if i need to spend another month on british gas i think al hang my self 2 years been trying to get an in house display n every time i ask them for it they hang up on me the app is one of the worst things known to man kind same way the customer service

Thanks mate hopfuly get it sorted would rather be on dry meters plus a was suppose to get free alexa n 2 Philips smart bulbs lol

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ivana_Groweed For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (10-03-21), GEORGE (10-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), Petal (10-03-21)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana_Groweed View Post
    I have read that mate its telling me that if my debt is under 500 BG dont have the right to stop me switching same as the ofcom website has a form on it basicly saying what i need to tell british gas but i plan giving them a bell later mate don't see why they wont just take the debt out the meter its 64 quid i have 77 in it but if i need to spend another month on british gas i think al hang my self 2 years been trying to get an in house display n every time i ask them for it they hang up on me the app is one of the worst things known to man kind same way the customer service

Thanks mate hopfuly get it sorted would rather be on dry meters plus a was suppose to get free alexa n 2 Philips smart bulbs lol

Lol yeah best to have a chat with them bud and I hope it all sorts out for you

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (10-03-21), GEORGE (10-03-21), Ivana_Groweed (10-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), Petal (10-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Lol yeah best to have a chat with them bud and I hope it all sorts out for you
    Got it sorted mate just had to pay the debt off thank fook for that BG are possibly the worst supplier in the uk by a high margin

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ivana_Groweed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-21), Mac (10-03-21), RASTA (10-03-21), Valentina (18-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Got it sorted mate just had to pay the debt off thank fook for that BG are possibly the worst supplier in the uk by a high margin

I am also gonna switch suppliers. British Gas are rippin me off. When I was paying monthly, It was one bill a month. Then I switched to quarterly. On a cheaper tariff. Allegedly. I am paying more than I used. AND.....they take hundreds out my bank every 3 month. But also take the odd 100 or 80 or 60 in between each quarter. Some months they dont take anything. But something not right lol

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-03-21), GEORGE (10-03-21), IceCalibur (10-03-21), Ivana_Groweed (18-03-21), Karsa (27-03-21), Valentina (18-03-21)

12. Default

Nice one man, glad to read you've got it sorted now..and yep, I would advise anyone to keep checking every year or two and switch if needs be, same with broadband etc, cos they only give these latest deals to new members, and sometimes even leaving a company is the best choice only to re-join them with their new deals...stupid I know by many get stung, unfortunately, I know I have been in the past!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-03-21), GEORGE (11-03-21), Ivana_Groweed (11-03-21), Valentina (18-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RASTA View Post
    I am also gonna switch suppliers. British Gas are rippin me off. When I was paying monthly, It was one bill a month. Then I switched to quarterly. On a cheaper tariff. Allegedly. I am paying more than I used. AND.....they take hundreds out my bank every 3 month. But also take the odd 100 or 80 or 60 in between each quarter. Some months they dont take anything. But something not right lol

One of the worst companys mate i have went to edf 60 quid for gas and electric a month ano its gonna be over for leky but a just couldn't deal with that any more

I was the exact same mate i was paying a debt off was suppose to be 3.60 a week but some weeks it wouldn't come off but you will think it has so you put the normal amount in your meter and it whips double off you 2 year i have been trying to get an IHD every time i ask i was getting hung up on the app dobt get me started on that

Its worth giving them a bell mate to find out if the have messed up no doubt they have added some randoms debt to your meter had that done few month ago or they have calculated somthing wrong

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ivana_Groweed For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-03-21), GEORGE (11-03-21), Valentina (18-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

British Gas and Eon. If I could only choose between either one of them, I'd still rather use a generator for a few hours a day, and use gas canisters for cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by RASTA View Post
    When I was paying monthly, It was one bill a month. Then I switched to quarterly. On a cheaper tariff. Allegedly. I am paying more than I used. AND.....they take hundreds out my bank every 3 month. But also take the odd 100 or 80 or 60 in between each quarter. Some months they dont take anything. But something not right lol

Depends if the overall total is more or less compared to the year before.

Whatever they charge per quarter, they basically only charge you one bill every 3 months so each time you pay for 3 month's use. BUT THAT 3-MONTH CHARGE is an estimate from last year.

If they take the odd 100 or 60 in between, that is because you're somehow using more electric than last year.

TLDR I am on a "guesstimated monthly PAYG". If I use as little as I can, my usage stays under what they charge per month and sometimes they dial down on the direct debit. But I do have to be frugal AF to minimise on electric use, and since we don't have gas, we go extra frugal. Like showers only, only do laundry during Economy 7, minimal heating, no baking.
    Last edited by Valentina; 18-03-21 at 03:02 PM.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-03-21), Ivana_Groweed (18-03-21), RASTA (18-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    British Gas and Eon. If I could only choose between either one of them, I'd still rather use a generator for a few hours a day, and use gas canisters for cooking.

Depends if the overall total is more or less compared to the year before.

Whatever they charge per quarter, they basically only charge you one bill every 3 months so each time you pay for 3 month's use. BUT THAT 3-MONTH CHARGE is an estimate from last year.

If they take the odd 100 or 60 in between, that is because you're somehow using more electric than last year.

I am with Scottish Power, they are relatively the least painful. Their online portal is schyite, and getting progressively worse as the new site provides less nerdy info that I like to glance at, like comparing usage one year to the next (or last), but TLDR I am on a "guesstimated monthly PAYG". If I use as little as I can, my usage stays under what they charge per month and sometimes they dial down on the direct debit. But I do have to be frugal AF to minimise on electric use, and since we don't have gas, we go extra frugal. Like showers only, only do laundry during Economy 7, minimal heating, no baking.
    I am hoping that the 60 a month i have been quoted is going to stay firm with edf if they ever get my electric changed over my gas was done today thats 25 a month but if anyone is with british gas its worth checking your emails for your annual report they came out a few weeks ago and british gas was wee bit higher price than what i have been told but not far off and over the last year i used and extra 1000kw than the year before thought to my shit thats heavy jail bait but after thinking it over abit more no one is aloud out so hoping they put it to that its shot up lol

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ivana_Groweed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-03-21), Valentina (18-03-21)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast