4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-21)

Thanks

Don't know pal just ordered one

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arfur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-21), M_C (19-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,772 Times

I would imagine that air flow rate would be as important as air stones? I grow in coco so know about as much as you do lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Arfur (19-03-21), GEORGE (19-03-21), redisiel (19-03-21)

Thanks

A noticed some using airstones in Res them ceramic ones just wondered what size

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arfur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-21), redisiel (19-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

I wouldn't bother mate, just something else to clogg up and keep replacing, I personally haven't noticed difference in yield.
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Arfur (20-03-21), GEORGE (19-03-21), the brit (22-03-21)

Thanks

Okay thanks for that am still learning only done soil grows and dwc oxypots before wanted a bash at this Wilma so got one on order a suss it out just so much info to take in my brains fried ??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arfur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,135 Times

I think it depends if you plan on letting the roots grow into the res or not, personally I like to have loads of air and circulation in my water as possible so I encourage the roots to grow into and fill the res letting the Wilma behave more like a deep water culture system introducing loads of air and adding a pump just to create a flow through the system.Perhaps you could try a grow without air and then with so you can make your own mind up. I've used air curtains and also used 6 inch discs, not sure which one I prefer yet so I just alternate for fun.. Some might think my use of air is over the top but it has served me well so I stick to it. As for res sizes I think the original 4 pot system is 50ltr which is what I use but I think now you can get the 4 xl or something which is 100ltr. if i were buying now I'd either get 100ltr or an oxypot system as I basically adapt my Wilma to that anyway. Not the best pics as the one one the right with the 4 discs at the time had some descaler in the water which foams a little and makes the water look more active.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1161.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	397092Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1102.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	397093

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The G is Stoned For This Useful Post:

Arfur (23-03-21), GEORGE (21-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The G is Stoned View Post
    I think it depends if you plan on letting the roots grow into the res or not, personally I like to have loads of air and circulation in my water as possible so I encourage the roots to grow into and fill the res letting the Wilma behave more like a deep water culture system introducing loads of air and adding a pump just to create a flow through the system.Perhaps you could try a grow without air and then with so you can make your own mind up. I've used air curtains and also used 6 inch discs, not sure which one I prefer yet so I just alternate for fun.. Some might think my use of air is over the top but it has served me well so I stick to it. As for res sizes I think the original 4 pot system is 50ltr which is what I use but I think now you can get the 4 xl or something which is 100ltr. if i were buying now I'd either get 100ltr or an oxypot system as I basically adapt my Wilma to that anyway. Not the best pics as the one one the right with the 4 discs at the time had some descaler in the water which foams a little and makes the water look more active.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1161.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	397092Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1102.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	397093
    Thanks for that pal gonna use your advice seeing as it's my first time at this wilma lark just finished setting it all up i love the idea of the dwc ??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Arfur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,135 Times

I’m not saying it’s the right way or the best way but it does work for me. I suspect you probably don’t need to have as many air pumps as I do so if you want to add a pump a single 2 port pump is likely all you need. One major benefit for having the recirculating pump as I do is that come res water change day or adjusting the nutrients having a flow of water means everything mixes faster so you can take your readings without sitting there all day

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The G is Stoned For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-03-21)