Thread: First time NFT need advice cycle instead of 24/7

Thanks

Default First time NFT need advice cycle instead of 24/7

Hello guys, Im a long time grower first time in NFT.

Whats your thoughts on Spreader Mat and cycle irrigation run to waste, with 25 second run time I get run off and the mat appears to hold plenty of moisture, Im running it ever 3 hrs they have just gone into flower about 16 inches tall, they are growing fast but I have some minor deficiencies that Im working through but think its cal mag as Im in rainwater , but in the back of my head Im wondering if the irrigation cycling is effecting transpiration, whether the matting is holding onto moisture as it drys and the water tension of the mat makes it harder for the roots to suck up nutes

Is anyone cycling irrigations like this and was their any issues ?

The other thing is Nute strength , Im currently at 450 ppm and raising it weekly, the fella Im copying below says he never goes over 700ppm, I see people in here running much higher like double that, so whats the take on nute strength Im wondering if cycling needs to be low ppms as there is a drying out process concentrating salts while continuous irrigation cannot rise as it doesn't dry so is constant, any advice on nutrient strengths in NFT ?

Im basically doing the same as this guy only Im running to waste in short cycles too run off, he runs 5 minutes recycled every 5 hours.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadblock For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.

Thanks

Hello, I have always placed well rooted plants under 24/7 and always had great results.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eastman370 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-22)