Thread: £10 budget temp / humidity data logger

Thanks

Default £10 budget temp / humidity data logger

I was looking at a low cost way to manage high humidity as I getting really high humidity readings from my thermometer the next day even above 90%. I couldn’t pin point the exact time as the thermometer is basic and a full controller is a bit out of the price range at the moment, so I thought a logger would at least allow me to see where I could introduce additional fan cycles or other methods to help keep it at a steady level.

I have seen these before, but around £40 - £50 but came across a £10 one from Amazon. So far so good. It’s the size of a large coin, with a magnetic back. You download the app and it provides you with the current temp and humidity and logs those every few minutes to plot on a graph. You can set low / high limits for temp and humidity where both an alarm will sound on the tiny unit itself, along with a mobile notification. With covid and most people still at home I thought it was a decent purchase.

A controller is obviously a better long term solution for maintaining optimal settings, or letting the fans on for longer periods but for a cheapskate like myself, it’s a viable short term option.

This is some images from the app:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (31-03-21), GEORGE (31-03-21), M_C (31-03-21), Wags (31-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I like that price!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (31-03-21), GEORGE (31-03-21), Wags (31-03-21)