Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dialing in the tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,052 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    Sounds like ya are getting things dialed in. Real smart of you to get the enviroment dialed in first.
    Can't wait to see ya growing some ladies.
    Thanks, Blue. I'll be crying in the Infirmary forum in no time.
    ~It's a violent universe~

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-04-21), Farmer Geddon (08-04-21), GEORGE (07-04-21), Karsa (08-04-21), Mac (08-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
    Hmmm...didn't think of that. I'll have a look.

I did straighten it out some.
    Attachment 398067
    Better

The less bend & turn, the better the airflow
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-04-21), Farmer Geddon (08-04-21), GEORGE (07-04-21), IceCalibur (07-04-21), Karsa (08-04-21), Mac (08-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (07-04-21)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

I just nabbed a solid female to female connector for fan and filter but want a second and third (female and male) one for the bend out of the tent.

Mind my temps have always ran high -_- I counter measure with vpd but it will only get you so far inside a tent.

Fair point on getting a feel for things, TBF mukka you're doing it right. I'm just impatient xD

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-04-21), Farmer Geddon (08-04-21), GEORGE (08-04-21), Mac (08-04-21), M_C (08-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (08-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Thanks, Blue. I'll be crying in the Infirmary forum in no time.
    Use basic nutes only and leave the yield chasing until your stash can cover a poor harvest.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-21), Mac (08-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (08-04-21)

Thanks

the old "stick with strings" to hold the exhaust hose - exactly how I have mine mate. Great minds and all that.

Iv got similar setup, with 600w hps, 6in extraction, passive intake. I run intake to the window too. Iv got extraction out the top window and have the intake sitting on window sill with the lower window cracked a bit. I find it gets the coolest, freshest air.
    Hmmm...didn't think of that. I'll have a look.

I did straighten it out some.
    Attachment 398067

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to longtimefirsttime For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-04-21), Farmer Geddon (08-04-21), GEORGE (09-04-21), Mac (09-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    I just nabbed a solid female to female connector for fan and filter but want a second and third (female and male) one for the bend out of the tent.

Mind my temps have always ran high -_- I counter measure with vpd but it will only get you so far inside a tent.

Fair point on getting a feel for things, TBF mukka you're doing it right. I'm just impatient xD

Right on. I familiarized myself with VPD some, but after seeing so many low humidity grows here, it kinda fell off my radar. I figure now with my exhaust at 86% power there ain't much hope keeping humidity up. Could easily be wrong.

Im seriously considering trying some different ducting, but probably not this grow.

Im getting impatient too. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    Use basic nutes only and leave the yield chasing until your stash can cover a poor harvest.
    I'm keeping things pretty simple. Megacrop, CaliMagic, and Great White Shark. I'll be amazed if I can even keep them alive.

I've been doing more test runs with the hps; made a couple tweaks. I reduced a ducting bend by realigning the exhaust fan and tightening up the duct run to the window. Also set the fan to 86% power.

Same 3 passive ports, AC at 70F. The 7" fan is on the floor pointed up at the bulb. The sensor is in the direct path of the breeze (kinda mimicking clip fans across the canopy, just vertically if that makes sense).

@ 24" 75F
    @18" 75F
    @12" 76F
    @ 6" 77F. Same height, sensor at far corner of tent. 78F
    @ 2" above the bulb/reflector plane, about 6" horizontally from the bulb, exhaust triggered to max, temps rose to 85 before I stopped.

Those numbers seem great to me. I'm just not sure if this method is accurate; the way I'm using the fan/sensor. Either way I think I need to get on top of circulation now; seems the ticket atm?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-04-21), Farmer Geddon (09-04-21), GEORGE (09-04-21), Mac (09-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

Man you are way ahead of most of us on our first grows. (guess i shouldn't speak for others)
    Make sure to have a filter over any hoses hooked to the outside. Got a date set to pull the trigger?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (09-04-21), GEORGE (09-04-21), Mac (09-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-04-21)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Combi is fine, phonic is best for sound, for extraction solid, but it's loud.

Looks like you're getting things nice and on track. But,I have to ask... have you lowered the speed since you changed stuff up? Dropped the intakes down too?

You want a relatively mid range humidity to start with in veg

RH Roughly
    70-75% seedling
    58-65% veg
    40-45% flower

Personally, I rarely hit this still finding the sweet spot in the house etc. Most of the time my temps are in the 30's too so, but I can get a reasonable RH still just not quite peak.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (09-04-21), GEORGE (09-04-21), Mac (09-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    Man you are way ahead of most of us on our first grows. (guess i shouldn't speak for others)
    Make sure to have a filter over any hoses hooked to the outside. Got a date set to pull the trigger?
    Thanks, man. A byproduct of procrastination.
    I did overlook that filter bit...
    I have one of those flappy vent covers on the outside of the window unit. That came with a screen that I think would keep some pests out, but definitely not all... : /
    Setting things off on the 15th. Just gotta grab some fans quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefirsttime View Post
    the old "stick with strings" to hold the exhaust hose - exactly how I have mine mate. Great minds and all that.

Iv got similar setup, with 600w hps, 6in extraction, passive intake. I run intake to the window too. Iv got extraction out the top window and have the intake sitting on window sill with the lower window cracked a bit. I find it gets the coolest, freshest air.
    Cool, man. It seemed the quickest solution.
    I have the extraction up top and the AC unit below in the same window. The other window is blocked by the tent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210408_211626.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	398109

There's a poorly insulated walk-in closet that has another window. It would be nice to take advantage of cool weather and lay off the AC occassionally. Appreciate that thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    Combi is fine, phonic is best for sound, for extraction solid, but it's loud.

Looks like you're getting things nice and on track. But,I have to ask... have you lowered the speed since you changed stuff up? Dropped the intakes down too?

You want a relatively mid range humidity to start with in veg

RH Roughly
    70-75% seedling
    58-65% veg
    40-45% flower

Personally, I rarely hit this still finding the sweet spot in the house etc. Most of the time my temps are in the 30's too so, but I can get a reasonable RH still just not quite peak.

Ill need to research the ducting some. If I were to swap it out I guess I'd go for max extraction. Maybe solid with some sound insulation covering it, if that's a thing.

I was pretty content with the progress, but yeah, I'll give a whirl tomorrow with the fan back to 68% and drop down to a single 6" passive in. Good call.
    I'm predicting a 4-5 degree bump, but mostly talking out me butt.
    Will be cool to know for reference.

I think I was around 28-30% RH in the tent last test.
    Not sure how much that will raise when plants are in play.
    Will note the difference at the lower exhaust speed.
    The humidifier has 1 setting higher but it sounds like a damn garbage disposal; no chance there.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-04-21), Blue61 (09-04-21), Farmer Geddon (09-04-21), GEORGE (09-04-21), Karsa (09-04-21), Mac (09-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

The straightened out ducting looks good enough.

If ever you upgrade to solid ducting, I doubt that you'll need insulation for it. The noise comes from air blowing over the ridges in flexible ducting.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (12-04-21), Blue61 (09-04-21), GEORGE (09-04-21), Karsa (09-04-21), Mac (09-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-04-21)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast