Thread: simple ventilation question

Thanks

Default simple ventilation question

i have a nice 10" rvk, and rhino filter, q is;
    the only port out i can use is pointing at a wardrobe 90 degrees from the window, ducting as its setup is a no go, can i just extract from tent into the room which is well ventilated its self with door wide open into the room and an open window in the hallway and room. basically wondering if this is goin to smell but thnking it should be ok? but any tips as im a 3rd time grower cheers all

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vibezfoundation For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (06-04-21), Farmer Geddon (07-04-21), GEORGE (06-04-21), scoot (07-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

If you have a carbon filter to match the fan speed, then you should be cool, although, if you are drawing air from the same room, it will most likely get warmer so the intake air would be warmer too.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (06-04-21), Farmer Geddon (07-04-21), GEORGE (06-04-21), scoot (07-04-21), vibezfoundation (07-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I have a strong aversion to using ducting and imo, there is always a workaround to avoid using it. In my cellar, the best area to grow is 6 metres from the best place to have the outlet vent. I have a 6" rvk without filter fitted to the outlet vent. Close to the plants I had an 8" rvk and filter taped together. The 8" fan does odour control and the 6" fan pushes stale air outside. In effect, the cellar room is the ducting. With a smaller space, a friends loft, I fitted a 6" rvk and filter to a ply covered window and he grows the plants open plan. At first he used Orca hanging like a shower curtain to reflect light but he sacked that idea as he prefers unobstructed access to a bit more yield.

Tell us more about your setup. Is it a tent that you're using? Does the room have to be 'as new' when the grow is finished? What size/shape window?

Here's my friends loft window. Before covering with ply, the window was opened a few inches and made to stay that way with screws.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_1119.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	398017  

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-21), scoot (07-04-21), vibezfoundation (07-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,413 Times

I vent my tent into a room in basement,I have a 4" fan on a timer 15mns on/15mns off which extracts outside from the basement just to remove any warm/moist air.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (07-04-21), GEORGE (07-04-21), vibezfoundation (07-04-21)

Thanks

sounds good, so im in a 2.4x2.4x2m tent, rooms ok, grade 2 listed so not new thought dont wanna fuck it. 2hps on atm another 2 to go on, going to be getting more hps lights i think not sure yet.
    tents in a room bit less than a meter from the 1/3 open window. the window is 3 panes width 4 length old style windows, with secondary new frames inside which i have opened length ways so that its touching edge of tent. then yeah opposit side of the room open door and open windo in the halway. sounding good to me, though im wishing id set up in my bigger bedroom, where theres 2 set of aforementions double set windows (old glass panels outside, new single width an length opener, inside), and a big old insulated attic to vent into, though u did say working around using ducting which i like the sound of a lot. i suppose il be ok, though may be bit harder to exchange air as quick as yours having that 6 meters moving free-er, will have to do some well placed fan setup to help this and should be good then, as long as it doesnt smell out the front im happy

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vibezfoundation For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (07-04-21), GEORGE (07-04-21), scoot (08-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

With you having a 10" rvk, I'd guessed that it wasn't a micro grow.

Rather than use such a large tent, I'd be using the room as the tent. I've heard of people cutting down a large tent so it can fit in a room, which has me shaking my head.

I would build something easily removable around the (open) window that made it air and light tight and fit the rvk and filter to it. Then the plants can be grown open plan. Open plan doesn't cost much yield if the plants are getting light from multiple sources. It has a big advantage in that the entire room has to become too hot for the plants to become too hot. Far less chance of mould as they can get crowded in a tent/cab. Easier plant access too. With it being Grade 2, you might be wary of screwing eye hooks into the ceiling but a wooden frame can be made to hang the lights from. Done right, it will be half a days work to make the room look like nothing ever happened.

As it is not a micro grow, whatever you choose, it is vital that there is active air extraction to the outside. A largish plant can transpire a few litres of water a day. 10 of them doing that will put way too much moisture in the room. People have died from black mould, play it safe.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-21), scoot (08-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,413 Times

Quote Originally Posted by vibezfoundation View Post
    sounds good, so im in a 2.4x2.4x2m tent, rooms ok, grade 2 listed so not new thought dont wanna fuck it. 2hps on atm another 2 to go on, going to be getting more hps lights i think not sure yet.
    tents in a room bit less than a meter from the 1/3 open window. the window is 3 panes width 4 length old style windows, with secondary new frames inside which i have opened length ways so that its touching edge of tent. then yeah opposit side of the room open door and open windo in the halway. sounding good to me, though im wishing id set up in my bigger bedroom, where theres 2 set of aforementions double set windows (old glass panels outside, new single width an length opener, inside), and a big old insulated attic to vent into, though u did say working around using ducting which i like the sound of a lot. i suppose il be ok, though may be bit harder to exchange air as quick as yours having that 6 meters moving free-er, will have to do some well placed fan setup to help this and should be good then, as long as it doesnt smell out the front im happy
    4xHPS lights,how many plants you doing in there bud?
    I used to do well with 6 plants under 1x600w HPS.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (08-04-21), GEORGE (08-04-21)