Thread: Is this nutrient burn or some deficiency? K??

Thanks

Default Is this nutrient burn or some deficiency? K??

These girls are 40 days old now and still a bit short but had some N deficiency problems previously, then I thought some nute burn so that stunted them a bit I guess. I removed the previously sick leaves that looked like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4420.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	398110

I am using Sensi Grow and B-52 at slightly less than their recommended 4ml/L's 3/4. So it's like 2.8ml/L... And the ppm is whopping 1000 atm. Isn't that a bit high to be a deficiency? Hence I thought nute burn...
    And the pH is around 6.0-6.5 right now and increases little everyday, but I changed the res 5 days ago and these are pH perfect series and general consensus is not to mess with pH using these, so I stopped doing so.

The tip and edge burning (browning) continues but there are also some yellowish spots on the leaves that I noticed so I also suspect this might be Potassium deficiency. What do you guys think?

Name:	IMG_4441.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	398111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4442.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	398112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4444.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	398114

These spots seem like pH fluctuations? Appeared back when I was adding pH down, previous res change.

Name:	IMG_4443.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	398113

This one is a dwarf, stunted when N def happened and never fully recovered. I think it'll die soon :/

Name:	IMG_4445.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	398115

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vorus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-21)

Thanks

UPDATE:

I just checked pH with my 2 cheap meters and they show 6.8-7.0 at the moment.
    I know that is really not where it should be but with this recommended "not messing with pH using pH perfect series" thing baffles me... I'm having a hard time trying not to add pH down.

Or maybe I shall increase the Sensi Grow dosages closer to what they recommend to lower the pH and up the nutes I'm thinking, but many people reported that their recommendations might cause a burn. I'm going down either way though

The ppm has already risen to 1020... but I've been thinking maybe these numbers don't mean as much because these nutrients aren't pure N-P-K as what everyone recommends their ppm's based on. Oooof...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vorus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Drop your PH to 5.8 mate
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Drop your PH to 5.8 mate
    I just did... shall I not mess with the nutrients at all though? Lower/increase? I know 1000+ ppm is top high but........

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vorus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-21)

Thanks

I have a better chance of understanding Latin than PPM mate... PPM has more than one way of measuring

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I have a better chance of understanding Latin than PPM mate... PPM has more than one way of measuring
    It is a 0.5 scaled meter if it matters...

Some guy wrote this in another site and it kinda worries me that I might be trying to go wrong way by trying to fix nutrient uptake through adjusting pH when they’re already suffering from too many nutes actually:

you know what happen when you feed more PPM than needed ? your plants get fried and show all sorts of deficiencies as the roots wont suck up any nutes, they still young plants, take it easy on them. keep your PPM low, and watch if they consume it or not. if they don't just add more fresh water to bring down the PPM.

read about "mulder's chart" before you suspect a lack of specific nutrient.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vorus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-21)

Thanks

Mulders Law really is meant for soil... I suppose it will also push to other sorts of grow too? (maybe)

A 0.5 scale PPM is most probably the Hanna scale? - but, if your nutrient strength is rising then it is reasonable to think you are overfeeding - or, in hydro, your plants are drinking more than they are feeding... that could also cause a PH increase...

There's a chart somewhere that may be of use to you... hang on, I'll take a look...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-21), IceCalibur (09-04-21), vorus (09-04-21)

Thanks

Got it

Water level EC PH Solution
    Static Static Static Plant not feeding/drinking, change EC, check meters. Usually, lowering the EC a little should get the plant feeding again
    Static Static Rising Ph buffers probably raising ph. This is usual. Having a static water level is not though, so again, a slight reduction in EC or a res change should resolve this.
    Static Static Falling Usual cause of this is when media has been rinsed at a lower ph than you require.
    The other possibility is that too much CO2 has been pumped into the water. See Note 1.
    Change your res and look at the volume of air pumped plus look at your air source.
    Static Rising Static Plant is leeching nutrition, raise EC. Note 2
    Static Rising Rising Plant leeching nutrition, Raise EC. An unusual state. The rising ph is probably caused by what nutrient leeching back.
    If these are alkaline, it will lead to the rise in ph. Could also be ph buffers.
    Static Rising Falling As above but be aware of the acid rain effect mentioned in note 1. Res change, plus increase in EC.
    Static Falling Static Plant eating but not drinking. Not ideal. Lower EC or res change
    Static Falling Rising As above but rising ph is a better sign. Lower EC slightly or res change.
    Static Falling Falling Falling ph along with falling EC but no drop in water level suggests a res change. Could also be an acid rain effect as per note 1. Depending on other symptoms, lowering EC after res change.
    Falling Static Static Perfect conditions. EC and ph are at the correct level.
    Falling Static Rising Normal state most people encounter. Nothing to worry about, carry on doing what you are doing unless other plant symptoms.
    Falling Static Falling Res change plus a change of EC. Lower EC if over 1.4, raise EC if lower than 1.0
    Falling Rising Static Plant is drinking more than eating, lower EC.
    Falling Rising Rising Plant is drinking more than eating, lower EC
    Falling Rising Falling Plant is drinking more than eating, lower EC. Also, res change due to possible acid rain problem.
    Falling Falling Static Hungry plant, raise EC. Very good situation to be in. Nute buffers are working and plant is taking a balance of nutrients.
    Falling Falling Rising Almost as above, usually considered almost perfect, raise EC slightly.
    Falling Falling Falling Res change. Potential acid rain issue but plant is still eating & drinking. Raise EC on new res

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-21), IceCalibur (09-04-21), vorus (09-04-21)

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the chart man, that's great info...
    Although I'm not really sure about the water level. It seems kinda same to me but the plants aren't drinking that much at this stage obviously so it might be static or falling and in that case I get totally different solutions. Static-Rising-Rising says increase EC whereas Falling-Rising-Rising says lower EC... LOL

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vorus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-21), M_C (09-04-21)