Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Burnt leaves

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    Fair point this actually...

Res might need a clean and fresh nutes but definitely lower that EC. Try a feed EC of about 0.7 on top of base

2 is fine if the base is quite high. I've had base of 1.2 and fed at 0.9ec in the end but always start with about 0.4 EC imo
    Silicone will whack that up and fuck your pH too so are you using any?

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk
    I'm in a soft water area my EC out the tap is 0.2

Just I've always pushed my EC high and maybe every now and then you might got nite burn of the end of one leaf on the every tip.

This is burning who's leaves so quick everywhere. It's like it's been feed an EC of 3.0 or higher the way its destroyed the pant leaves so quick.

I use Dutch Pro Silica. It's a mono silica which doesn't effect the EC just the PH.

I always test my EC and PH at the very end when eveything settles mate.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damking1 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-04-21), GEORGE (11-04-21), Karsa (11-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times
    Provided Answers: 69

I reckon it's a combo of a slight overfed and fan burn. I've had some really burnt leaves when others have been fine.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-04-21), GEORGE (11-04-21), Karsa (11-04-21)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Damking1 View Post
    I'm in a soft water area my EC out the tap is 0.2

Just I've always pushed my EC high and maybe every now and then you might got nite burn of the end of one leaf on the every tip.

This is burning who's leaves so quick everywhere. It's like it's been feed an EC of 3.0 or higher the way its destroyed the pant leaves so quick.

I use Dutch Pro Silica. It's a mono silica which doesn't effect the EC just the PH.

I always test my EC and PH at the very end when eveything settles mate.
    That's fair but each strain is different, a multistrain grow usually will show you that when the phenotypes are vastly different and they require massively different feed levels.

It's definitely nute burn though mukka meant to say earlier I didn't realise it was the older growth not up top, my guess is it affected the older growth first as these are "stores" for stretch/ flower, so the extra N it's added just tipped it over and nuked them.

Should still be fine but dial the feed back mate, they'll tell you when they're hungry.

WAIT, you have a base EC of 0.2 and are feeding 1.8... well not something I'd do not many on the forum. Most of us use light EC. Some use a heavier feed at times but most of us are in favour of light feed. Don't want that dark green waxy look.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-04-21), GEORGE (11-04-21)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Damking1 View Post
    Coco mare yeah. Ice always grew with an EC of 2.0 with Canna A+B never had this problem. Got friends who push it even higher. With Mills Nutrients I've got my EC at 2.5 and they look really healthy.

I'll drop the EC right down and see if theat sorts it thanks
    Different brands different strengths of salt content so the ec may be high but clearly it was low in the nutes required. Cause with canna, you'd have nuked them. As you've just seen. Not gonna deny you can push it. But that's down to strain, grower experience and many other factors. Ice is a very skilled grower, following what he's doing doesn't give you the same knowledge. That's like growing to a recipe, no one recipe fits all... You might like more seasoning on your steak and someone else less, no different to plants, some will handle high EC and love it. Some will function, others will be fucked over by it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-04-21), GEORGE (11-04-21), longtimefirsttime (11-04-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2