Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My first ever tent setup (50cmx50cm), i need a lot of help :P

Thanks

Default My first ever tent setup (50cmx50cm), i need a lot of help :P

Hi everyone, i'm really new to growing (never done before) and i'm considering it because i really enjoy smoking a spliff in the evening and i don't want to rely on stupid ways to obtain something that i can grow myself with some time and care.
    I'm thinking on going with a 50x50cms tent since i have really not much space available (50x50 is the biggest i can go probably) and i don't smoke a lot, so here i am, shooting questions:
    Any ideas on particularly good tents? or should i just trust my guts and the best prices i can find on the web? I am going to build for growing autoflowering plants in soil!
    I will be conducting the growth in my own bedroom (yes i know it would be better to do it somewhere else but i really have no space ( ) and i was thinking, what's the best way to avoid unwanted noises? i heard about acoustic ducting and silent fans, what's the best low noises fan i can get for my tent? are there any good controllers for fans that don't cost too much?
    So i am going to put an inlet fan (to throw in fresh air), an exhaust fan+carbon filter (to extract hot smelly air) and an internal fan that helps the air circulation in the tent, is that right?
    I am going to be the stealthiest motherfucker in the neighborhood, so i was searching for some good carbon filter: i have read great things about the rhino pro 125x300mm, whatcha think?
    I am also going to go with Led lights to avoid excessive temperatures in such a little space (and to save some $$$ in the bills): i've been searching for days and i recently found the viparspectra v300, it should be working fine in this environment right? have you got any other idea?
    Last but not least: realistically what's the risk of generating a fire? i am a bit scared by this and i want to work in a safe environment.
    That's it, i know it's a pretty fat wall of text but i am full of doubts and i want to do everything carefully and to enjoy both the process and the products

Feel free to throw in any kind of tips and tricks on instruments (even things i didn't listed here, like hygrometers, thermometers, humidifiers ect), hope to hear your advices soon and thanks a lot for helping me

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maccheroni For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (11-04-21), Farmer Geddon (11-04-21), GEORGE (10-04-21), Mac (14-04-21), UkMedicalGrower (10-04-21), Valentina (13-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

There's much to say here but I'll chip in regarding the light and suggest you can do way better for not a great deal more.

I'd recommend having a look at the sponsors section on here and searching for a 150W quantum board for that space.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (11-04-21), e11 (12-04-21), Farmer Geddon (11-04-21), GEORGE (10-04-21), Mac (14-04-21), Maccheroni (10-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk Dude, enjoy. Check out our sponsor for LED's. If your wireing is up to code, you shouldn't have problem with fires. JMO

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (11-04-21), Farmer Geddon (11-04-21), Mac (14-04-21), Maccheroni (10-04-21)

Thanks

It seems like you've done enough research and at least understand the basics and thumbs up for the carbon filter etc I see a few people asking how to get away without one and if you want to be safe you need one 100%

A 50 cm x 50cm tent tho? Is that a typo I think that must be a small propagation tent, I think you want one that's almost wardrobe size, have you measured your space?

Also if your after a stealthy fan the Td silent range are super quiet and I mean can barely hear them, never had to try one with a fan speed controller, but at the same time an 8inch rvk slowed down will be just as quiet if you can fit an over sized fan that is if not the td silent are solid, pricey but a lot quieter than most on the market
    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (11-04-21), e11 (12-04-21), Farmer Geddon (11-04-21), GEORGE (10-04-21), Maccheroni (10-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    It seems like you've done enough research and at least understand the basics and thumbs up for the carbon filter etc I see a few people asking how to get away without one and if you want to be safe you need one 100%

A 50 cm x 50cm tent tho? Is that a typo I think that must be a small propagation tent, I think you want one that's almost wardrobe size, have you measured your space?

Also if your after a stealthy fan the Td silent range are super quiet and I mean can barely hear them, never had to try one with a fan speed controller, but at the same time an 8inch rvk slowed down will be just as quiet if you can fit an over sized fan that is if not the td silent are solid, pricey but a lot quieter than most on the market
    Thanks a lot for the info on the fans! Do you know if a single carbon filter is enough? Or if i need one outside the tent to be really safe?
    Btw yes my space is 50x50 but i meant the length and depth: i was thinking about 120 cm height! These measures seemed fine to me for a single plant, did i do some calculations wrong?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maccheroni For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (11-04-21), e11 (12-04-21), Farmer Geddon (11-04-21), GEORGE (10-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maccheroni View Post
    Thanks a lot for the info on the fans! Do you know if a single carbon filter is enough? Or if i need one outside the tent to be really safe?
    Btw yes my space is 50x50 but i meant the length and depth: i was thinking about 120 cm height! These measures seemed fine to me for a single plant, did i do some calculations wrong?
    Sounds like about 3 sqft, so should be fine for one plant. Personaly I would do A photo, and fill up the space. JMO
    Last edited by GEORGE; 10-04-21 at 07:07 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (11-04-21), Cannabug (11-04-21), Farmer Geddon (11-04-21)

Thanks

With A little LST and some super cropping, you could get A plant that looks like this in 3 sqft. This is one of Country_budz Photo, I don't think you will get much with A Auto your first time out. JMO

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (11-04-21), Cannabug (11-04-21), e11 (12-04-21), Farmer Geddon (11-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    With A little LST and some super cropping, you could get A plant that looks like this in 3 sqft. This is one of Country_budz Photo, I don't think you will get much with A Auto your first time out. JMO
    Jeez, that looks good! I was thinking about autos for some reasons: i have very little consumes, so i am not scared of having little yields; instead i want to try different strains, so the faster growth of autos would let me experience different things. Lastly: the fact that the plant is little would help me being stealthy

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maccheroni For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-04-21), Cannabug (11-04-21), Farmer Geddon (11-04-21), GEORGE (11-04-21), M_C (11-04-21), UkMedicalGrower (11-04-21)

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Maccheroni View Post
    Jeez, that looks good! I was thinking about autos for some reasons: i have very little consumes, so i am not scared of having little yields; instead i want to try different strains, so the faster growth of autos would let me experience different things. Lastly: the fact that the plant is little would help me being stealthy
    Auto are an art, and takes A few grows to get them right. Photos are much easer when starting out. There are lots of Photos strain that will finish in 6 to 8 weeks from flip. JMO

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (11-04-21), Blue61 (11-04-21), Cannabug (11-04-21), Farmer Geddon (11-04-21), Maccheroni (11-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    Sounds like about 3 sqft, so should be fine for one plant. Personaly I would do A photo, and fill up the space. JMO
    1 carbon filter will be just fine, could get some ona block too but I've never needed it personally.. Okk you can work with that space id try get the biggest deepest pot you can for final pot and grow a good photo strain with stable genetics and good yield... Maybe start 5 or so off as they will be in smaller pots to start with anyway then cull the weakest ones and keep your favourite, always a good idea to have a couple back up incase things go wrong..

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-04-21), Cannabug (11-04-21), e11 (12-04-21), Farmer Geddon (11-04-21), GEORGE (11-04-21), Maccheroni (11-04-21)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast