Thread: 2x 600w 6inch xxxl cool hoods, what fan(s) to use?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

Default 2x 600w 6inch xxxl cool hoods, what fan(s) to use?

This isn't a question for myself it's for a good friend of mine, he is currently in the process of upgrading his room with a little help from myself.

He is running a G.A.S enviro controller v2 with large 8inch iso max fans and I've managed to get his room dialled in pretty well.

As like me his room is in a wood outbuilding with felt roof so it's pretty bad for temps in the summer, he was running 1 600w hps and managing fine but now wants to run 2x 600w hps.

My question is...

He has bought the xxxl cool hoods and is planing on running both hoods off one fan (if possible) taking fresh air from outside and exhausting outside, I've advised on a 150mm RVK l1 do you guys think 1x rvkl1 is good enough for 1200w of light??

Cheers

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (13-04-21), GEORGE (13-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by funkydawg View Post
    This isn't a question for myself it's for a good friend of mine, he is currently in the process of upgrading his room with a little help from myself.

He is running a G.A.S enviro controller v2 with large 8inch iso max fans and I've managed to get his room dialled in pretty well.

As like me his room is in a wood outbuilding with felt roof so it's pretty bad for temps in the summer, he was running 1 600w hps and managing fine but now wants to run 2x 600w hps.

My question is...

He has bought the xxxl cool hoods and is planing on running both hoods off one fan (if possible) taking fresh air from outside and exhausting outside, I've advised on a 150mm RVK l1 do you guys think 1x rvkl1 is good enough for 1200w of light??

Cheers

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Personally if you can get a cold air intake filtered going through the hoods it would make a big difference thats for sure. Never run air cooled hoods before but cold intake deffo the way forward

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-21)