Thread: Best led light or lights to go into 2.4 x 1.2 for 2 plants in Waterfarm scrog

Thanks

Default Best led light or lights to go into 2.4 x 1.2 for 2 plants in Waterfarm scrog

Hi guys, as stated above, this is my first grow in over 6 years and im going with what i know best and thats the moddded waterfarms, i did a 400wmh/hps grow last and got 14.5oz dry sensi star weed for a first time hydro waterfarm user i was pretty proud, this time i want the same buy i want to change from regular lights to leds for a few reasons.

my main question as of now is in this 2.4 x 1.2 tent i could fit 2 x 600w hps over 2 plants and scrog em like before, have any of ye good greenthums here come across any leds that arent costy to buy that can produce the equivelint of the 600w real lights, preferable more? im growing mimosa Evo from Barneys as i heard the yield and the colurs and phenos are so different every time so it should be fun, any and all info is welcome!!! thanks guys and looking forward to showing my progess on here from start to finish in the diaries!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	398354  
    Last edited by mrgreenthumb80; 14-04-21 at 11:29 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrgreenthumb80 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (14-04-21), GEORGE (14-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Check out our Sponsor, I'm sure one of them has just what you want. 420 sale coming up, if not already.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (14-04-21)

Thanks

if your tent is 4x4,i may recommend one

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamlance For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (14-04-21), GEORGE (14-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by iamlance View Post
    if your tent is 4x4,i may recommend one
    Looks to be An 8'x4' dude.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (14-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

led hurts the day you buy it. hps hurts the day the leccy bill arrives.

led looks to be 150% better than hps. So 800w led (power draw) = 1200w hps.

It's budget dependent imo. If you are confident that you won't ever be strapped for cash during the next 12 months or so, then go led.

If the budget is tight, then 2 x 600w hps is a good option. There are (legal) ways to delay the bill and spread out the leccy bill. If scrogging, they can be vegged 12/12 with a 6w household 24/0 led to stop them flowering. They might stretch a little more but that's not so bad with scrog.

If I had to start over from scratch, to illuminate 32 sft I couldn't afford led. I'd be looking at used 315w cmh. Probably less £200 for 4 of them. They draw 320w each.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-21), LewisR19 (14-04-21)

Thanks

There are a couple of good choices if you want to go quality LED lights that could go on a 4x8 but their not so cheap :/ . Definitely cheapest would be HPS but, since making the switch I kinda like LED more. HLG is putting out good quality lights especially in the mid wattage ranges, like 600W. Iluminar lighting is also a solid option, Im running their il8x at the moment. And lastly, highest price but top quality would be gavita. Im sure you could find lots of options in the sponsor area though, these are just my top 3 and my 2 cents on the subject

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IanGrowSome For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (18-05-21), GEORGE (18-05-21)