Thread: Mac1

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,381 Times

Default Mac1

Hi people I bought this seed strain for my last grow and I'm currently doing same again. I've give my pal a couple of joints worth and told him it's mac1 he said he's smoked mac before but today he's just said it's not mac1 it's another strain but I said it's definitely mac I always grow from seed so I definitely know what I'm smoking but he's adamant. Question is can seed companies wrongly package seeds. Its my first smoke of mac1 so can't compare it but it's a top smoke

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (18-04-21), GEORGE (18-04-21), Mac (18-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (18-04-21), Valentina (18-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

I had the same issue with a batch of white widow seeds i bought, looked, tasted and smelt nothing like widow.

I suppose human error is possible? Someone picking and packing wrong seeds doesn't sound impossible?

But then again if this person is thinking back in time when he smoked/grew some - nostalgia?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (18-04-21), GEORGE (18-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (18-04-21), Valentina (18-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,218 Times

When you hear of autos not being autos or photos being autos I'd guess human error has some sort of role mate.
    Throw a razor into the mix an tell him its mac 3

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

Fluffy bud (18-04-21), GEORGE (18-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (18-04-21), Valentina (18-04-21)

7. Default

Phenotypes, it's a simple as that...when growing from seed, you can get many mixes of genetics from different parents or plants from the lineage..this basically means, even seeds from the same packet can be COMPLETELY different to each other, right down to the way they grow..the height, high and much more!

Although breeders do try their best to bring forward the best traits and make sure they are dominant, it doesn't always happen that way.

The only true way for consistent results is cloning from a mother you really enjoy, knowing that each clone will be identical in every way

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-04-21), Cannabug (18-04-21), Fluffy bud (18-04-21), funkydawg (18-04-21), GEORGE (18-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (18-04-21), Valentina (18-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

Prefer clones myself, I was doing so well until i boiled my mother and ended up winning wpotm!

Growing feminised seeds is like pulling in thailand, until you get them going you don't know if there male or female lol

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-04-21), Cannabug (18-04-21), GEORGE (18-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (18-04-21), Valentina (18-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Phenotypes, it's a simple as that... ...this basically means, even seeds from the same packet can be COMPLETELY different to each other, right down to the way they grow..the height, high and much more!
    Ditto that. Had 2 Jack Herer seeds from the same pack that grew different, different structures, different flowering duration, different smell, different effects.

I would have believed it if someone said that the tall one was a Super Silver Haze cross.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-04-21), Cannabug (18-04-21), GEORGE (18-04-21), IceCalibur (18-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cannabug View Post
    When you hear of autos not being autos or photos being autos I'd guess human error has some sort of role mate.
    Throw a razor into the mix an tell him its mac 3
    Best comment haha

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (18-04-21), GEORGE (18-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Ditto that. Had 2 Jack Herer seeds from the same pack that grew different, different structures, different flowering duration, different smell, different effects.

I would have believed it if someone said that the tall one was a Super Silver Haze cross.
    Yep I've had some before where 3 grown identical and one's grown totally different. The Diary I'm doing at minute one grown really tall so chopped it

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (18-04-21), GEORGE (18-04-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (18-04-21)