Thread: When Should Overwatered Seedling Rebound?

Thanks

Default When Should Overwatered Seedling Rebound?

Hi Folks- inexperienced grower here (who's read way more than he's actually done, but anyway)- these are almost 3 weeks. A few days ago they started cupping (tacoing) downward and I figured I'd been watering too often (about every 5 days, into Promix HP) or maybe too deeply at a time..

So I've been patient, backing off on the water a bit, BUT this plant has been 6 days without water now and it still looks like this!
    Shouldn't it 'go back' to flat leaves, or do they stay that way, and I just wait for more leaves to come in normally

*hasn't been given any nutes yet
    *temp between 68F and 75F, RH between 40 and 60%
    *18/6 light with a 1---W equivalent LED about 26" above

Help?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00793.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	398543

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulio For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-21), Le chef (27-04-21)

Thanks

Shame you havent had a reply. This website is pretty useless these days

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dantheman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-04-21), Le chef (27-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,955 Times

i am very new to this myself, so please do not take my word for it, but perhaps it is underwatered? 5 days is a long time to not water a plant.
    for a seedling like that i think you are probably looking at about 100ml every couple of days i think. the amount can vary a lot but if you are watering every 5 days then more water is the first thing i would try.
    another thing to look out for, that caught me, is standing water. i had good drainage but had overwatering problems due to the water sitting in the drip trays after watering.

keep an eye on it after you water it. after a couple of hours, if it perks up, then it needs to be watered more.
    how is it looking now? and what have you done since?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forager For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-04-21), Le chef (27-04-21)