Thread: Candyland by Garden of Green

Thanks

Default Candyland by Garden of Green

Hello there! I am new here so hopefully this post is ok and I'm not doing anything wrong. Im going to give the basic run down of how the grow went (is going up until now anyway).

So the plants/strain this post is going to focus on is Candyland by Garden of Green. I have a lot of different plants from a bunch of different breeders going basically at all times but I have been very happy with how these girls turned/are turning out!

Soil - Mother Earth's Groundswell

Veg additives - Just fulpower. A capful of fulpower in a gallon of water and the EC will start around 10-12 and take a long time to reach levels where a 'real' nutrient needs to be added to feedings

Flower additives - Cap full of fulpower and 1/2 tablespoon of Terpinator which is just silica. I used to use Silicablast but terpinator is the same thing and much, much stronger. Not sure the plants really need it but Im happy with it so far

Regular Nutrient - Jack's 20-10-20 peat-lite special. This doesnt get added until runoff EC starts measuring around 2.2-2.5, which meant in my 3x3 I didnt have to feed at all - in my new 4x4's however the plants are bigger and start reaching target EC near the start-middle of flower. When a plant gets around 2.2 EC I give it it's first feeding which is half a dose, so about 1.1g of fertilizer into a gallon of water. Every plant responds a little differently but usually that will either keep EC around 2.2 for few feedings or EC will start to drop to around 1.6-1.8 in which case full feedings start which is 2.2g of Jack's in a gallon of water. Once feedings start they basically switch between those two doses depending on how runoff EC responds to each feeding.

To start the first seed was germinated around the end of January, around the 25th I believe. After a few days in some paper towels in a heating mat (such a reliable way to start seeds, kinda silly lol) the seeds get transferred to a 1 gallon fabric pot where they stay for anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month depending on the watering cycle and growth rate of the plants.

Plants were upotted into 5 gallon pots after a week or two in the 1 gallons, so around the first week of february for my older plant and march for my younger one. By the time the second plant was uppotted the first one was beginning to flower quite well.

By April both plants were well into flower, I believe the second one was flipped around 3/22. Ph issues began to crop up around 3/31, unfortunately I was really focused on two Strawberry Cheesecake autoflowers that were almost ready to harvest around that time and I didnt catch it for a week or so. This is what caused the major discoloring on the plants leaves - the purple and yellowing as well as brown spots in the middle of some of her leaves. This was corrected with a topdressing of dolomitic lime to bring ph bac up to around 6.5 from 6.0 where it was sitting. The leaves will not repair themselves or look any better but importantly they still function, if in a limited capacity, and new leaves are healthy. To my eyes she doesnt LOOK great, but its an old completely fixed problem and the actual flowers themselves look fantastic regardless.

The most recent pictures were taken today (I have a ton but I guess I can only upload 6) and Im itching to cut her down. I clipped a tiny bottom branch to test the other day and shes already incredibly strong, fragrant, dense, and tasty. Her younger sister is her spitting image just a 15-30 days back in time, very happy with this strain and will be running it again in the future!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210426_175826918.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	398957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210426_175834726.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	398958   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210426_175822910.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	398959   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210418_234105285.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	398960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210407_022007866.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	398961   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210407_022004991.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	231.3 KB 
ID:	398962  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZhugeTsuki For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-04-21), Cannabug (27-04-21), Cats (27-04-21), GEORGE (27-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,218 Times

Welcome to the forum mate

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

Cats (27-04-21), GEORGE (27-04-21)

Thanks

Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZhugeTsuki For This Useful Post:

Cats (27-04-21), GEORGE (27-04-21)

Thanks

I'm new to growing but them look tasty to me! Hope you enjoy them and the forum

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cats For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,466 Times

Hell yeah man, good stuff. Keep us updated!

Cheers,
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-21)