Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help Needed - Small Yields

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,020 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chemstar View Post
    Thank you all for the responses. This grow I tried to keep the training to a minimum after I trained the plants so hard on a previous run that every one Hermied on me (TBH I suspect a lightleak due to the cheap AF tent I was using.)

Really appreciate your responses and I'll try to answer them below

This space was 2.4X1.5x2. The budbox XXL
    Lights are 150W Spiderfarmer LED
    600W dimmable HPS (can't remember the brand but it wasn't the bottom of the barrel)
    10 plants which is my top limit. I had 6 under the HPS and 4 under the LED because of their differing light footprints.
    They weren't trained at all, no topping, no clearing of the lower branches, no tieing down as I was so paranoid after accidently producing more seeds then weed the last run. I was also quite delicate on the nutes. Plants consistently had issues with Mg/Ca Deficiency but I was on top of it.

What I did to try to increase the yield was increase the veg to 60 days, from 30-45 days on previous runs. Not much affect it would seem.

Biobizz Veg for Veg and then Canna Flores for Bloom w/ Calmag Mg/Ca for the micronutrient deficiencies.

In terms of getting this resolved on future runs. I'm thinking getting the diary posted on here. Definitely a rookie and would probably really benefit from having some more experienced growers cast their eye on it
    I started here from scratch, knew bugger all really before signing up, you'll benefit from a diary for sure

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-04-21), Cannabug (27-04-21), Farmer Geddon (27-04-21), GEORGE (27-04-21), scoot (30-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Drop the soil & go coco

It may seem a little harder but, once you get the hang of it then it's simple
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-04-21), Cannabug (27-04-21), Farmer Geddon (27-04-21), GEORGE (27-04-21), Jstatus (27-04-21), Karsa (27-04-21), LewisR19 (27-04-21), scoot (30-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Passive hydro, including coco, can be as easy or as hard as you choose. I do it without using ec or pH meters. If keeping it simple does lower yield per plant some, that can be compensated for with decent logistics.

imo, it's using additives and supplements that makes things difficult. They seem to have a multiplying effect on the base nutes. My (non coco) seed plants get ~ec 1.8 from start to finish and do fine. Other growers, using additives and supplements, can get signs of burning with a much lower ec.

I've no doubt that a dialled in nute regime with additives and supplements will have the edge on yield but how much yield is lost while learning how to get it dialled in?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-21), Karsa (28-04-21), scoot (30-04-21)

Thanks

Compost and earthworm castings. Try one plant in just compost, ewc and aeriation. I recycle my soils and when I started adding just tons of fresh compost and ewc straight into the medium my yields went way up.

Watering with just straight water.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skunk.e.bud For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (02-05-21), GEORGE (01-05-21), scoot (01-05-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2