Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: You wouldn't believe what is going on over here in the States in Federal Courts.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking You wouldn't believe what is going on over here in the States in Federal Courts.

So, I will en lighting you: Well instead of doing something for Marijuana, The Federal Courts have A law in front of them, to decided weather or not to allow people to wear open Guns while on there own Property. I am all for gun rights, but really is that necessary? I'm sure most of us already do that some times or another any. You would think they would be talking about Legalize Marijuana instead.

Just wondering your thoughts on the subject.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

BeachBum (13-06-21), Cannabug (03-05-21), iice (04-05-21), Petal (27-04-21), riot (02-05-21), scoot (28-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

I hate guns, cannot understand why you’d want one and despair at Florida’s lack of gun control which falls well below Syria’s, for example.

Sorry, GEORGE, but that’s what I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

BeachBum (13-06-21), Cannabug (03-05-21), Cats (28-04-21), GEORGE (28-04-21), Karsa (28-04-21), riot (02-05-21)

Thanks

But before that: are you saying that open carry is legal in public but illegal in your own home as it stands?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (03-05-21), GEORGE (28-04-21), riot (02-05-21)

Thanks

(I appreciate that open carry in Florida is a bit vague...I mean, aren’t we all travelling between gun ranges?)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (03-05-21), GEORGE (28-04-21), riot (02-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,639 Times

If I lived over there I would want to be on an equal footing with those around me so I'd likely carry a gun but over here no way thankfully.
    Isn't marijuana growing legal where you are George?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Petal For This Useful Post:

barney_b (28-04-21), Cannabug (03-05-21), forager (22-12-21), GEORGE (28-04-21), riot (02-05-21), scoot (28-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

I doubt that's federal courts, in my state open carry is legal anywhere but bars, jails and courthouses. To carry concealed you just need to go down and get fingerprinted and an fbi background check $50 for a 4-year permit. When my wife was in college she had a concealed pistol license that was good in 28 states and she used to take it with her on the airplane. She would have to check it in baggage of course. Somehow she managed to get through a few times with some speed loaders and ammunition

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (03-05-21), GEORGE (28-04-21), riot (02-05-21), scoot (28-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    I hate guns, cannot understand why you’d want one and despair at Florida’s lack of gun control which falls well below Syria’s, for example.

Sorry, GEORGE, but that’s what I think.

Don't believe everything you read bud.

I LOVE guns,I LOVE shooting,I LOVE hunting,the people that are ignorant to current firearms laws are part of the problem with the media scaremongering,our shitty PM last year banned 1,500 types of firearm overnight for no reason other than looking 'scary' that is the mentality of the media and the ignorant masses that buy into all the fearmongering,look up statistics yourself and you will see that gun crime is lower than knife crime,fist crime etc.. yet the media and politicians love to overhype things,fear sells why not jump on the bandwagon?

I love target shooting,plinking etc.. it teaches confidence,breathing,patience,etc.. and it hurts NOT a single person!!!
    Do you hate cars if a drunk kills a family drunk driving or do you hate drink,or do you blame the driver? A firearm is EXACTLY the same it is an inanimate object like a shovel,car,pencil,etc.. do you blame pressure cookers for being used as bombs? or vans used in terrorist attacks? No you blame the person,yet when it comes to firearms the media etc.. blame the object.

In Canada we can't open carry handguns,yet we can openly walk around public land with semi automatic rifles,shotguns,and antique firearms including antique handguns,any firearm made before 1898 but not chambered in certain calibers are antique status here,for example I have a french 1873 handgun chambered in .455 webley which I can buy easily I can carry that in the bush yet I can only use a flintlock made after that period at the shooting range does that make sense?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

barney_b (28-04-21), Cannabug (03-05-21), Deku Nut (30-04-21), GEORGE (28-04-21), Jingo (28-04-21), riot (02-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,466 Times

I have a concealed carry permit and will occasionally carry on the hush depending on where I'm going. I'd hate to use it on a person. Love to hit the range or my buddy's property and blood off steam. I think the guys who roll into a Walmart open carrying are total wankers. Lacking the same.

I know the whole world thinks all us yanks have arsenals in the boot and closet but it's the rare occasion and not the rule.

I still believe that it's too easy to acquire and legally conceal weapons in my state especially.

I dread there day I have to protect my family from someone who is desperate.

That said, I firmly believe that politicians can handle more than one policy change at a time; akin to walking and chewing bubblegum.

Cheers.

B

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by barney_b; 28-04-21 at 03:30 AM. Reason: words are hard

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (03-05-21), GEORGE (28-04-21), Jingo (28-04-21), riot (02-05-21), scoot (29-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    Don't believe everything you read bud.

I LOVE guns,I LOVE shooting,I LOVE hunting,the people that are ignorant to current firearms laws are part of the problem with the media scaremongering,our shitty PM last year banned 1,500 types of firearm overnight for no reason other than looking 'scary' that is the mentality of the media and the ignorant masses that buy into all the fearmongering,look up statistics yourself and you will see that gun crime is lower than knife crime,fist crime etc.. yet the media and politicians love to overhype things,fear sells why not jump on the bandwagon?

I love target shooting,plinking etc.. it teaches confidence,breathing,patience,etc.. and it hurts NOT a single person!!!
    Do you hate cars if a drunk kills a family drunk driving or do you hate drink,or do you blame the driver? A firearm is EXACTLY the same it is an inanimate object like a shovel,car,pencil,etc.. do you blame pressure cookers for being used as bombs? or vans used in terrorist attacks? No you blame the person,yet when it comes to firearms the media etc.. blame the object.

In Canada we can't open carry handguns,yet we can openly walk around public land with semi automatic rifles,shotguns,and antique firearms including antique handguns,any firearm made before 1898 but not chambered in certain calibers are antique status here,for example I have a french 1873 handgun chambered in .455 webley which I can buy easily I can carry that in the bush yet I can only use a flintlock made after that period at the shooting range does that make sense?
    Each to their own, Scoot - just not my thing - I have absolutely nothing against your right to own but it's not my cup of tea.

My comparison of Florida with Syria wasn't an idle throw away - it's an accurate assessment in Florida's case. I started looking at Florida's gun laws a few years ago and they are pretty incredible (to a UK onlooker, that is) even for the US.

I think what is most telling in the US is which states do NOT recognise a Florida permit over those that do.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (03-05-21), GEORGE (28-04-21), Jingo (28-04-21), riot (01-05-21), scoot (29-04-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Well let me see if I can answer all your question. I should have said they are revering the Second Amendment to see if the wording means that it is legal or not to carry open guns on your own property. Which makes no since, because like Jingo has said it is pretty much like his State, in every State. It just all seems stupid to me, seems like they would have something much more better to discuss than that. Just taking up time and money they could be putting towards something else. And No Marijuana isn't legal in Florida. They just shout down A vote to put it on the ballet for 2022, so if we do get to vote on it, it will be at least 2024 now. They use the excuse that it is against all Federal Laws, so why we want be voting on it.

Now with all that being said, they do have State Stores, and do sell some perscrip's, but nothing over 10% of smokeable Marijuana is sold. In others words, they are not letting us vote so A person can have or grow there own, like all the other States.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

barney_b (28-04-21), BeachBum (13-06-21), Cannabug (03-05-21), Jingo (28-04-21), Petal (28-04-21), riot (02-05-21), scoot (29-04-21)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast