Thread: Cleaning a pump water sprayer with possible Pink Mold

Thanks

Default Cleaning a pump water sprayer with possible Pink Mold

Hi,

Looking for suggestions here.

I noticed my month old plants not looking so hot recently. It started with yellowing lower leaves then the top leaves started yellowing a little different much like what I see from calcium or magnesium deficiency. I fed the girls a little Cal-Mag yesterday thinking that would fix the problem.

I have a 5 gallon bucket I use to PH my water because my tap water is 8+ and I have been filling it nearly full so I can get a few waterings in without having to PH the water every time and I put a bubbler in to run to keep the water fresh. I used the last bit of water yesterday and went to clean it this morning and noticed pink on the paper towel I was cleaning with so I am assuming it is pink mold maybe and this could be the cause of the issues I am seeing so I wanted to ask for suggestions on the method and solution you guys use to clean a pump water sprayer out.

Also, thoughts on flushing the plants because of this?

Thanks All!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PotWWD For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (06-05-21), GEORGE (05-05-21), Mac (05-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Could this pink be anything to do with your bubbler?

TBH, I think I would just replace it all for the cost involved...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (06-05-21), GEORGE (05-05-21), Mac (05-05-21), PotWWD (05-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

Have you checked your ph after bubbling it. An air stone will raise your ph even after you add ph down.
    So your ph may still be off.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (06-05-21), GEORGE (05-05-21), Mac (05-05-21), PotWWD (05-05-21)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply all.

I got another sprayer I am going to use and going to try and wash some soapy warm water through the system of the old one and maybe use it for other purposes down the road after it sits and dries for a while.

Also, I am holding off on a full on flush for the next few waterings with the proper water and see if they perk up.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PotWWD For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (06-05-21), Cannabug (06-05-21), GEORGE (06-05-21), M_C (06-05-21)