Thread: First grow

Thanks
    Thanked 6 Times

Cool First grow

Hey there all,

Just started my first grow and had a simple question.
    I've germinated my seeds. Taproots are 0.5 cm. However, the coir hasn't arrived yet so I can't pot.
    My question is, am I okay to leave the germinated seeds for another 24 hours until the coir arrives by courier? I've just replaced the 3-day old water with some fresh.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

M

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to maxbeeps For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-05-21), Deku Nut (07-05-21), GEORGE (07-05-21), Jingo (07-05-21), Karsa (07-05-21), Mac (16-05-21)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Yes, should be fine but keep an eye on them cause they'll break the shell soon and faster then you think... Honestly you just need to put them in something to stand and start drinking and soaking the light once that happens.
    Weed will grow in anything (just might not be best)

If you encounter this issue, I'd suggest load an egg carton up with unscented tissue paper and wrap them into "cones" with seedling inside if you're worried. But they should be absolutely fine for a bit till it shows up.

I've had seeds jump out of the shell for about 2 - 3 days before going into medium. It's not great for them and will slow them a little but it won't hurt them or you if you left them till it's there.

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-05-21), Cats (16-05-21), Deku Nut (07-05-21), GEORGE (07-05-21), Jingo (07-05-21), Mac (16-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

If you are using the paper towel method and any of those tap roots start to grow into the paper towel just make sure to cut the paper towel out and plant it with a taproot.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-05-21), Deku Nut (07-05-21), GEORGE (07-05-21), Karsa (07-05-21)

Thanks

Hope the Coco came in time dude!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danb For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-05-21)