Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need some reassurance

Thanks

Hi everyone

I just want to say that the mountain air filter I got is the dogs danglies just harvested two zkittlez and couldn't smell a thing anywhere in the house, it was as if it never existed, until you opened the tent for maintenance

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krato For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (03-07-21), Flyingscotsman (04-07-21), GEORGE (03-07-21), Jingo (03-07-21), Mac (03-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

If the kit came with a 4 inch mountain air filter and a black orchid fan, the price would have been much higher and you would have bought a cheaper kit from somewhere else. It's like buying a car if you know absolutely nothing about cars. The cheapest car is the best car until you know what you really want from a car.

The kit got you started and that was it's purpose. Welcome to your new addiction.

Keep the original fan and filter, it can come in useful for trimming or if you have a heavy toking session. Stand the filter on a work surface or table and tape the fan directly to it. Even though it's not good enough to do a grow, it will scrub the air in the trimming/toking area.

is there any other kit I need?

Need, no. Want, maybe.

I'm using less kit than you. Light, extractor fan + filter, no internal fan. (Internal fans annoy me.) I did use a humidifier early days of my previous grow because I already had one. They're great for cutting through indoor spliff/tobacco smoke. I won't be using it on a grow again as it seemed to make bugger all difference. Probably underpowered for a grow.

If you get carried away with climate control, you'll end up with loads of mains plugs and plenty of wires to trip over.

Up to you how lazy or attentive you become. As long as you don't run dry, you're doing it right.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-07-21), Krato (03-07-21), Mac (04-07-21)

Thanks

I bought my set-up piece meal, started with a 6.5 ft x 6.5 ft x 7 ft tent and a 8 inch fan/filter set-up near the top of the tent. Did one grow using that, then determined I needed more air flow, got another 8 inch fan that I use to pull cool air into the tent at the base. That worked well, but I still had a slight RH (hi) issue, so I added a 10 inch oscillating fan to keep the air moving inside the tent. That seemed to do the trick, but I'm always trying to tweak it. As far as duct tape, I use "Gorilla Tape" and have not had any problems.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-07-21), GEORGE (04-07-21), Mac (04-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I helped a guy refit his fan and filter in his loft without ducting. We got everything in place ready to be taped up when he informed me that he was out of duct tape. We used parcel tape, it worked fine.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-07-21), Mac (04-07-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2