Thread: Hiding the tent in plain site

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,482 Times

Default Hiding the tent in plain site

I have a small box room with my tent in that's also my bedroom I have a roller blind in the room and am already getting bored of darkness lol

From outside if you look up with the blinds open you would see everything a big black tent with orange seams and black ducting running in and out obviously I can't have that so I keep the blinds closed I also have houses that face us to the rear and I can quite clearly see in there rooms (No peeping tom stuff)

I can possibly run the ducting a little better next round running straight up in to the lost space from the tent so it's not on show.

Net curtains suck they would help here providing I did not turn on the lights when it was dark but I hate net curtains

My other option is the one way window film it seems quite cheap on ebay I also need to be careful about lighting inside v outside to keep the privacy but I wonder if it might attract attention to the wrong type of people.

Would you give any second thought to a house with 1 window with 1 way window film attached have any of you used this stuff?

Also toying with the idea of covering the outside of the tent in a cheap vinyl wood effect or something simalar so if you did see it from outside it just looks like a wardrobe or something

Help me see the light again

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmallTimer For This Useful Post:

Cats (15-05-21), Farmer Geddon (15-05-21), GEORGE (15-05-21), Mac (15-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Have you considered those "room dividers"? Use "room dividers" as your search term.

You might just have to put up with net curtains.

Look up "voile".
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Cats (15-05-21), Farmer Geddon (15-05-21), GEORGE (15-05-21), Mac (15-05-21), SmallTimer (15-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

What size is the tent and how far is it from the window?

How does the filtered air leave the room?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Cats (15-05-21), GEORGE (15-05-21), Mac (15-05-21), SmallTimer (15-05-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    What size is the tent and how far is it from the window?

How does the filtered air leave the room?
    Tent is a 1X1X2M it's about 4M back from the window to the right of the window is an air brick I am exctracting through that hence the ducting running across the room I have just raised it to come out of the top of the tent and im going to secure it to the ceiling I have no fan for intake working with negative pressure and a length of ducting running near to the window for fresh air.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmallTimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Have you considered those "room dividers"? Use "room dividers" as your search term.

You might just have to put up with net curtains.

Look up "voile".
    I'm thinking it is going to have to be net curtains a room divider could work but i'm very limited on space thanks for your input

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmallTimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

I use window film on the bottom panes, a net curtain with a black out roller blind and thermal black out curtains.

I put a couple of kids stickers on the outside of the window so it looks like a kids room from outside.

From outside you can't see thru the net unless the lights on but when it is I pull the blind. If I'm working on the tent I pull the blind and the curtains

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

barney_b (15-05-21), Cats (15-05-21), GEORGE (15-05-21), SmallTimer (15-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

If it's silver, I'd be more concerned about the ducting being spotted than the tent. 4M is a long ducting run and canvas wardrobes come in many colours, including black. Ducting can also be black although you might have to search for that.

Making it look like a kids room is a good idea. Cheap soft toys from the charity shop fastened with double sided sticky tape to the most visible wall of the tent. Who would suspect Teddy and Panda of growing weed?

I wouldn't bother with ducting for fresh air intake. The extractor fan will pull in enough air without it.

If you haven't already, get a household led with a colour temp of 6,000' K. Is more like natural sunlight.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Cats (15-05-21), GEORGE (15-05-21), Mac (15-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,467 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I use window film on the bottom panes, a net curtain with a black out roller blind and thermal black out curtains.

I put a couple of kids stickers on the outside of the window so it looks like a kids room from outside.

From outside you can't see thru the net unless the lights on but when it is I pull the blind. If I'm working on the tent I pull the blind and the curtains
    Love it, Mac.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post: