Thread: is slightly low temperature in grow box bad?

Thanks

Default is slightly low temperature in grow box bad?

i’ve just planted an auto gorilla glue seed today, after having a seed before it die, and i was wondering how much of an issue it would be if my temperature was slightly low. It’s currently at 19.9 celsius and can go down to 19.0

is this an issue i need to address as i am able to raise the temperature but i don’t want to tamper with the environment too much to not disturb the seed. I’ll accept any help. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DylanWJ For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (02-07-21), GEORGE (02-07-21), Krofam (02-07-21), Mac (02-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times

this is perfectly fine. some prefer this lower temp to promote purples from certain genetics.

when its below 17c consistently then start thinking about some heating

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (02-07-21), GEORGE (02-07-21), Mac (02-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,946 Times

From my experience low temps is fine in early growth, but it will slow the time it takes to flower.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to riot For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (02-07-21), GEORGE (02-07-21), Krofam (02-07-21), Mac (02-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I've grown 100s of seeds at 16'C or less. All that happens is that the growth slows down. If photos, that can be compensated for with a longer veg time. With autos being on a fixed timeline, then you're looking at a reduced yield.

slower growth = smaller plants = room for an extra plant.

You could spend leccy warming the space or you could grow an extra plant. What would cost you the least? If there's not much in it, go for whatever is the most convenient to you.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-07-21), Krofam (02-07-21), Mac (02-07-21)