Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1619.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	717.0 KB 
ID:	403566

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benjiman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-07-21), Prodigal (14-07-21), ToughCall (20-08-22)

Thanks

Name:	IMG_1622.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	403568

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benjiman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-07-21), ToughCall (20-08-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    There is little options in flower, you should look into organic sprays, some of these bug sprays are systematic and will stay in the plant. Predators might be the best choice. Have you got pictures of the whole plant

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    I’ll look into organic sprays been finding it hard to get predators but need to get it sorted as I think it will be pivotal. Also worryed about the pistols turning brown do you reckon it’s bug related, I’ve read all sorts could be climate are bugs but somethings upsetting it

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benjiman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-07-21), Loki (14-07-21), Prodigal (14-07-21), ToughCall (20-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Benjiman View Post
    I’ll look into organic sprays been finding it hard to get predators but need to get it sorted as I think it will be pivotal. Also worryed about the pistols turning brown do you reckon it’s bug related, I’ve read all sorts could be climate are bugs but somethings upsetting it

The pistols changing is normal, they go kind of brown as they mature.
    To be fair, this far into flower is a tough decision to make, you could go for a systematic approach by watering the rootzone with a thrip killer, this brings issues of if it stays in the plant. Some chemicals will produce exotic particles when combusted, so not really safe to smoke. Personally, I'd go for the rootzone approach rather than a spray purely based on that I wouldn't want to risk mould starting because of the added water. I'd also flush them for an extra week or so.
    It would be helpful to examine a few of the leaves for some idea of how far the thrips have got.
    Do you have a loupe or USB scope?
    You should also look to start steam cleaning the grow space between grows and daily checks, this will spot the little shits early and help maintain a good ipm
    I've had a few spidermite and thrips problems, mainly down to trading clones but it helps to keep the space pristine. Covering the pots is also a good idea as they can't get into the medium to breed.
    The spinosad product I bought is this one in the picture. Had to get it imported from Italy. EBay is a good place to look.

You can find information about a lot of different pesticides by searching the brand name with the tag "data sheet" in Google. It should help you decide what product will best suit what you need.

Overall, I'd be hesitant about any foliar spray at this stage, I'd be looking for a rootzone option with an organic pesticide with a short systematic lifespan.
    I'd probably add a half dose of cal/mag to give the leaves a boost after being munched on by the thripsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210713_235038.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	403579

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Benjiman (14-07-21), GEORGE (14-07-21), Prodigal (14-07-21), ToughCall (20-08-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The pistols changing is normal, they go kind of brown as they mature.
    To be fair, this far into flower is a tough decision to make, you could go for a systematic approach by watering the rootzone with a thrip killer, this brings issues of if it stays in the plant. Some chemicals will produce exotic particles when combusted, so not really safe to smoke. Personally, I'd go for the rootzone approach rather than a spray purely based on that I wouldn't want to risk mould starting because of the added water. I'd also flush them for an extra week or so.
    It would be helpful to examine a few of the leaves for some idea of how far the thrips have got.
    Do you have a loupe or USB scope?
    You should also look to start steam cleaning the grow space between grows and daily checks, this will spot the little shits early and help maintain a good ipm
    I've had a few spidermite and thrips problems, mainly down to trading clones but it helps to keep the space pristine. Covering the pots is also a good idea as they can't get into the medium to breed.
    The spinosad product I bought is this one in the picture. Had to get it imported from Italy. EBay is a good place to look.

You can find information about a lot of different pesticides by searching the brand name with the tag "data sheet" in Google. It should help you decide what product will best suit what you need.

Overall, I'd be hesitant about any foliar spray at this stage, I'd be looking for a rootzone option with an organic pesticide with a short systematic lifespan.
    I'd probably add a half dose of cal/mag to give the leaves a boost after being munched on by the thripsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210713_235038.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	403579

Thanks for the advice Loki. To give you the full picture this is the 3rd grow I’ve had issues with the first one was only slightly effected towards the end but the second grow was completely ruined I previously thought it was fungal gnats. so after that grow i gave the tent a really good scrub and disinfected it I then laid my new bags of soil out on the floor of the tent and stuck my lights on for a couple of days to insure the soil
    Was 100% dry sterilised all my pots etc then I eventually started again dosing them with tanilin for week 2-4. Plants look great for the first 4-5 weeks and then the slightly burnt tips start with a withered looking leaves early brown pistals have been consistent too. Have you used any particular products for the root zone I’ve been looking but 95% seem to be foliar sprays and as you said I’m afraid of mould! I do have a usb scope I’ll attach a couple of pics but it’s not great it’s a cheap Chinese one cheers manClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1650.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	403641

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benjiman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-21), Loki (14-07-21), Prodigal (14-07-21), ToughCall (20-08-22)

Thanks

Name:	IMG_1648.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	309.0 KB 
ID:	403642

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benjiman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-21), Loki (14-07-21), ToughCall (20-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Always happy to try and help. Thrips will suck the life from the plant, I hope you get it sorted, your plants can be rescued but the thrips need to go.
    It sounds vicious but after this grow, you need to hit the tent with some strong pesticide and a thorough steam clean

I'll make no assumptions about your space, but things like pets can carry bugs into a grow space, especially if the tent shares a room that is used for other things too. You can also bring things in from an outdoor garden. I've started to shower and change clothes before I visit my grow space and try to stay on top of removing dead leaves from my tent. I'm considering an air filter because I intake from outside. They reduce fan efficiency by 40% though. I also clean down between grows with a fairly strong h2o2 solution, maybe 3% maybe 12%, get good, suitable gloves if you use that stuff, it will sting and dry your skin out.
    I'm over cautious now, but my last two grows have been bug free. Hopefully you get to the root of these bug issues quickly. When I grew in soil, I cut a circle of plastic and sliced it so I could slide the stem through, it would cover the soil and stop any bugs attacking the plant. Let's us know how things go,

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Benjiman (15-07-21), GEORGE (14-07-21), Prodigal (14-07-21), ToughCall (20-08-22)

Thanks

I used bleach to clean the pots and tend do you reckon a steam Cleaner is the way to go?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benjiman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-21), Loki (14-07-21), Prodigal (14-07-21), ToughCall (20-08-22)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast