Thread: Root riot problem.

Thanks

Default Root riot problem.

I’ve got a couple of seeds in root riot where the tap root has come through, but no shoot has emerged from the top.

Would it be a good idea to remove them from the humid propagator and pot them in biobizz light to give the root somewhere to go?

Thanks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J81 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-07-21), Krofam (07-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times

i like to widen the hole i put the seed in a bit. usually with a chopstick. be carefull to not poke all the way through. this loosens the inside of the hole a bit.
    it comes a bit tight and when the shell opens kinda makes it tighter preventing the shoot from pushing upwards and shedding the shell.

by having a looser opening, if i see its still not coming through, i just spread the opening a bit till i can see the shell. usually it springs up a bit when i do this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times

tried to edit last post but was 1 min too late...

what i do is paper towel method until i have 5mm root or so then i place this in the cube with some of the shell poking out a bit.

pic 1 shows the size of root before going in.
    if you look closely, you can just about see the tip of the shell on 2nd pic after its been placed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-07-21)