Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Other motorcyclist?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

I started when I was 14 with a cr 125 Mx had a few different Mx bikes but I stoped riding when I had my first kid at 20,a few months ago I threw my leg over a friend’s ktm sx 250,after that I was hooked again,at 50 ha ha ,so I decided to get my self this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C9808F7-AFC5-4528-98D4-76BFBFCDD247.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	404239
    It's nice to be nice.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-07-21), Farmer Geddon (27-07-21), funkydawg (27-07-21), GEORGE (27-07-21), scoot (28-07-21), Street Smart (07-09-21)

Thanks

Ha ha my sx 125 2T has around 38bhp as it only has a couple of hours on a rebuilt engine,it’s mental and wants to throw you off in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear,I’m 50 now so it’s big enough for me,plus better to ride a small cc bike at 100% than a big bike at 10%

That was a reply to funkydogs post,I’ve been away that long that I forget how to reply to a post,ffs
    Last edited by Benson123; 27-07-21 at 01:15 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-07-21), Farmer Geddon (27-07-21), funkydawg (27-07-21), GEORGE (27-07-21), scoot (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I was born at the right time. Today's bikes would kill me very quickly.

I got my first inkling of how things were going when reading a road test of the new (at the time) Kawasaki 500cc 3 cylinder 2 stroke. 100mph at quarter throttle. Snap the throttle open and she would pop a wheelie.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Benjiman (28-07-21), Benson123 (27-07-21), Deku Nut (27-07-21), funkydawg (27-07-21), GEORGE (27-07-21), scoot (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

Honestly love 2 strokes, no torque unless you have the bigger cc versions but God damn they rip... my friend with his Suzuki rmz 450 had a go of my ktm sx125 with 200 top end, got about 20 meters and blipped the throttle up come the front wheel nearly hit himself in the head with handle bars all i could hear is him screaming "I fucking hate 2 strokes" hahahaha

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (27-07-21), Deku Nut (27-07-21), Farmer Geddon (27-07-21), GEORGE (27-07-21), scoot (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Well I dam near kill my self on my first bike. A 50cc Yamaha 2cy. My front finder kelp falling off and causing me to wreck, and I wreck it 7 times in 7 days. My needs were skint all to hell. My mom use to poor Achole on them for the win. lol

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-07-21), Farmer Geddon (27-07-21), scoot (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,410 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    There was a lot of wtf? at first. Once I got used to it, the handling faults were so predictable that it made it feel safer.

When I was on the dispatch, the Honda CX500 was a well loved bike although it was out of production by then. Affectionately known as the plastic maggot. Many riders owned 2 of them. One day, a rider got flagged for speeding and didn't stop. Over the radio, I could hear the controllers side of the conversation. Guy was still working while the police were trying to catch him. Then he got sensible and rode home to get his other bike.
    That's genius if you get pulled over while on the second for speeding on the first just be like, Officer this bike is obviously not the same as the one you were claiming this bike is a totally different color.

Quote Originally Posted by funkydawg View Post
    I only ever got my cbt license never actually got round to getting a full bike license.

I used to ride offraod on the trails so i did need to have some sort of road legal bike but not a high powered road going bike. there was a power limit something like 14hp and no bigger than a 125cc so i used to get a 2 stroke 125 like a ktm or gas gas enduro but then have the crank and topened changed to a 200cc with a few other mods lol.

I once bought a aprilia rs125 factory derestricted jesus...... Anyone been on one???

110mph on a 125 2t with crazy acceleration, soon as that power valve opened up and you kept her in the band jesus wept! Had to sell that little thing man pure death trap

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
    I have never rode one but it sounds right up my alley, I love small bikes with tons of pep.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    Had an old yamaha rxs100 2 stroker with the restrictor removed,hit 85mph once on it and she shook like a moffo,scared the shit outta me lol,I've seen guys leaving town hitting deer and moose and have dodged a few coyotes as well myself so deffo no bike for me over here.
    There is quite a bit of wildlife over in my neck of the woods as well, I had to dodge a deer on my 1000 not long ago, but the closest I got to an animal related wipe out was when riding with some buddies, I was at the rear of the pack and as my friends rode past some roadkill they stirred up a couple vultures who immediately flew towards the rode. I laid down on my bike pushing flat against the tank and still felt the bird graze my helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    I started when I was 14 with a cr 125 Mx had a few different Mx bikes but I stoped riding when I had my first kid at 20,a few months ago I threw my leg over a friend’s ktm sx 250,after that I was hooked again,at 50 ha ha ,so I decided to get my self this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C9808F7-AFC5-4528-98D4-76BFBFCDD247.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	404239
    Nice bike man, KTM makes some monsters I bet that thing is a trail slayer, my girlfriend keeps thinking about getting the KTM Superduke.
    I keep telling her its a lot of bike going from the CBR 250R but what can a man really tell a women?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    I was born at the right time. Today's bikes would kill me very quickly.

I got my first inkling of how things were going when reading a road test of the new (at the time) Kawasaki 500cc 3 cylinder 2 stroke. 100mph at quarter throttle. Snap the throttle open and she would pop a wheelie.
    Man when I got on my 1000cc for the first time after this last winter I just got on it and gave her the goose without thinking (had been riding the Grom all winter) the bike immediately stood up like a clock hand pointing at 12, after that ass clenching moment I rode her like she was stolen, found out I could hit 120mph(193k) in first gear.
    That being said I still consider myself very much afraid of the bike and have not been over 155mph(231k) even though she has a lot more to offer.

Honestly love 2 strokes, no torque unless you have the bigger cc versions but God damn they rip... my friend with his Suzuki rmz 450 had a go of my ktm sx125 with 200 top end, got about 20 meters and blipped the throttle up come the front wheel nearly hit himself in the head with handle bars all i could hear is him screaming "I fucking hate 2 strokes" hahahaha
    After changing the 2v to a 4v head and the Akrapovic exhaust my little Grom sounds remarkably like a 2 stroke dirt bike, I personaly love two strokes when you compare the CBR 250R to the NSR 250 or the 250RW its night and day, If I ever run across a NSR for a decent price I'll buy it in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    Well I dam near kill my self on my first bike. A 50cc Yamaha 2cy. My front finder kelp falling off and causing me to wreck, and I wreck it 7 times in 7 days. My needs were skint all to hell. My mom use to poor Achole on them for the win. lol
    As long as a few skint knees didn't keep you out of the saddle, I slung my self off my Cbr250 one day, hit a patch of gravel going around a tight corner and the front wheel just "disappeared" on me, next thing I knew I was in a ditch on the side of the road and the bike was just a couple feet away, some small scrapes and a bloody nose were all I came up with, (half helmet) the CBR only had one tiny tiny scratch on the front fairing and a broken mirror. I was soo happy the bike was fine for the most part lol.
    I also went down hard on my CBR 600 on a dirt road during a thunderstorm, that cause a good bit more damage to me than the bike that time but I'm still alive no worries.
    You still do any riding George?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deku Nut For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (27-07-21), Farmer Geddon (27-07-21), GEORGE (27-07-21), scoot (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Deku Nut View Post
    That's genius if you get pulled over while on the second for speeding on the first just be like, Officer this bike is obviously not the same as the one you were claiming this bike is a totally different color.

I have never rode one but it sounds right up my alley, I love small bikes with tons of pep.

There is quite a bit of wildlife over in my neck of the woods as well, I had to dodge a deer on my 1000 not long ago, but the closest I got to an animal related wipe out was when riding with some buddies, I was at the rear of the pack and as my friends rode past some roadkill they stirred up a couple vultures who immediately flew towards the rode. I laid down on my bike pushing flat against the tank and still felt the bird graze my helmet.

Nice bike man, KTM makes some monsters I bet that thing is a trail slayer, my girlfriend keeps thinking about getting the KTM Superduke.
    I keep telling her its a lot of bike going from the CBR 250R but what can a man really tell a women?

Man when I got on my 1000cc for the first time after this last winter I just got on it and gave her the goose without thinking (had been riding the Grom all winter) the bike immediately stood up like a clock hand pointing at 12, after that ass clenching moment I rode her like she was stolen, found out I could hit 120mph(193k) in first gear.
    That being said I still consider myself very much afraid of the bike and have not been over 155mph(231k) even though she has a lot more to offer.

After changing the 2v to a 4v head and the Akrapovic exhaust my little Grom sounds remarkably like a 2 stroke dirt bike, I personaly love two strokes when you compare the CBR 250R to the NSR 250 or the 250RW its night and day, If I ever run across a NSR for a decent price I'll buy it in an instant.

As long as a few skint knees didn't keep you out of the saddle, I slung my self off my Cbr250 one day, hit a patch of gravel going around a tight corner and the front wheel just "disappeared" on me, next thing I knew I was in a ditch on the side of the road and the bike was just a couple feet away, some small scrapes and a bloody nose were all I came up with, (half helmet) the CBR only had one tiny tiny scratch on the front fairing and a broken mirror. I was soo happy the bike was fine for the most part lol.
    I also went down hard on my CBR 600 on a dirt road during a thunderstorm, that cause a good bit more damage to me than the bike that time but I'm still alive no worries.
    You still do any riding George?
    No I give it up A few years back. I broke my foot. Fell off my house, and it will be some time before the pain goes away. But I road off and on. I had A Honda 150 in High school, but my best friend at the time total it one day, and broke almost every bone in his body. I didn't ride again until after the war. But never had a bad accident my self, so luck out as an Adult rider.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-07-21), Farmer Geddon (27-07-21), scoot (28-07-21)

Thanks

I’ve had mine 6 months and flipped it twice,took me 8 weeks to recover from the first one,then went and did it again,what an old fool,ha,ha

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-07-21), Farmer Geddon (28-07-21), GEORGE (28-07-21), scoot (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

I remember a wee guy that worked with us just turned 17 and bought a bike,he was leaving work one day and didn't check before pulling out,his front wheel went under a range rover,bent the forks and the wheel,poor wee guy was gutted but f'ng lucky.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (28-07-21), Deku Nut (28-07-21), Farmer Geddon (28-07-21), GEORGE (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

I'm more than familiar with sliding down the road... often tangled in with my bike - My Mum was right, cars are safer
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (28-07-21), Deku Nut (28-07-21), Farmer Geddon (28-07-21), GEORGE (28-07-21), scoot (28-07-21)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast