Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for DIY organic methods/recipes for pyrethrum (pyganic), enzymes with no npk

Thanks

Somewhat experienced I've been growing constantly for 7 years, and before that on and off for 5 or 6 years.

Fully organic has only been 5 or 6 years since 2015 or so.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sillytrippyhippy For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (28-07-21), Farmer Geddon (28-07-21), GEORGE (28-07-21), M_C (28-07-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sillytrippyhippy View Post
    Somewhat experienced I've been growing constantly for 7 years, and before that on and off for 5 or 6 years.

Fully organic has only been 5 or 6 years since 2015 or so.
    Fair enough

I had to ask as, often, we get new guys that have read articles & think they can just get right to it
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

barney_b (28-07-21), Deku Nut (28-07-21), Farmer Geddon (28-07-21), GEORGE (28-07-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Once a grower has some experience, finding an aspect of growing to explore deeper is a natural progression. Being mechanically minded and having non green fingers, it was grow setups for me. I was always looking for a better setup than what I had at the time. Once I hit a plateau I couldn't progress from, I went the other way and looked to remove as much kit from the setup as possible while keeping the yields acceptable. Each to their own.

Organic alchemy is not something I will ever understand but it's cool that some are into it. Good luck Sillytrippyhippy.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

barney_b (28-07-21), Deku Nut (28-07-21), GEORGE (28-07-21), M_C (28-07-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

In short.
    Monosilicic acid is the only form of silica that is bio available to the plant.

Sst or enzymes are supposed to assist with overall growth and General Health of your plant.

Jasmonic acid is supposed to increase terp production.

Pyrethrin is a powerful organic and expensive insecticide.

Slf 100 just helps break down organic matter and works faster and more efficient than labs.

If you want a longer and more detailed explanation I can definitely give it to you. But in general you don't need any of this stuff to grow I've been growing for years without it or buying the bottled stuff.

I buy pyganic 5.0 and slf-100

Ive been using agisil keeping it below 50 ppm and it helps with silica no issues.

Never used SST but have read up on it but I honestly don't feel like making seed Sprout tea so I doubt that I'll ever actually use it unless I can make a shelf stable concentrated form. But you can get enzymes and sucked from aloe, coconut water, maxicrop kelp, Etc... There's tons of other ways to get the enzymes and such.
    Try malted barley for enzymes. Forget the slf100

Very cheap at a brew shop and top dress weekly fresh crushed grains.. You don't need much, good couple pinches of it. Awesome stuff.

You'll have to buy pyganic or just use neem oil and stay ahead of bugs using a weekly spray.

sent from space

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (29-07-21), Farmer Geddon (28-07-21), GEORGE (28-07-21)

Thanks

I've done a side-by-side using Diastatic Barley Malt Powder but it didn't seem to live up to slf or hygrozyme.I used this (link below) for my test but I have also read you can't pregrind for the barley is that correct? I didn't understand why you can't pregrind so I just got the flour lol.

*edit it wouldn't let me post a link or picture lol"

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sillytrippyhippy For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (29-07-21), Farmer Geddon (29-07-21), GEORGE (28-07-21), sourshoes (29-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,134 Times

No more links that's 2

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (29-07-21), Farmer Geddon (29-07-21), GEORGE (28-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

I've done a side-by-side using Diastatic Barley Malt Powder but it didn't seem to live up to slf or hygrozyme.I used this (link below) for my test but I have also read you can't pregrind for the barley is that correct? I didn't understand why you can't pregrind so I just got the flour lol.

*edit it wouldn't let me post a link or picture lol"
    Malted barely is what you want. You want to crush it because the sugars and enzymes are fresh.

The flour.. You mean like dried malt extract? Not the same stuff its already been processed

sent from space

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (29-07-21), Farmer Geddon (29-07-21), GEORGE (29-07-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    Malted barely is what you want. You want to crush it because the sugars and enzymes are fresh.

The flour.. You mean like dried malt extract? Not the same stuff its already been processed

sent from space
    Malted Barley Powder is 100% pure diastatic malted barley flour which has been milled from the whole malted barley kernel—the husk, endosperm and germ. Nothing else is added, no sugar or fillers of any kind.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sillytrippyhippy For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (29-07-21), GEORGE (29-07-21)

Thanks

But I think I got it figured out from a forum where you can post amazon links and .gov research links.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sillytrippyhippy For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (29-07-21), Easy-T (29-07-21), Farmer Geddon (29-07-21), GEORGE (29-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,410 Times

But I think I got it figured out from a forum where you can post amazon links and .gov research links.
    Have on the new forum, sorry this one doesn't meet your needs .

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deku Nut For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (29-07-21), GEORGE (29-07-21), sourshoes (30-07-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2