Thread: 2'x4' Grow tent setup

Thanks

Default 2'x4' Grow tent setup

Here is what I am working w
    I have a 2'x4' grow tent, with 600w HPS bulb, air cooled reflector, and dim able digital ballast. This system is Hydroponic, and uses a standard flow table, Hydroton clay pellets and a bit of pro mix. Climate control is regulated with an Inkbird Temp controller, with a 600CFM fan on the Air-cooled light ( always on if the light is on, controlled by 24hr programmable timer), and an additional 600cfm fan exhausting the Tent, and triggered by the Inkbird controller. For circulation I use a double 6" window fan, which is always on, day and night. A 150gph pump is used, on a timer, to flood the plants. The system drains to waste, with the flow directed by RV shower pump unit to the outdoors.

In addition to the tent, I have a small bar fridge unit, that was made as a home herb grower, by Danby Inc. I modified the unit to include a small reservoir, pump and flood tray. Additionally I swapped out the wimpy 16w LED for a 1000w dim able unit. I grow from seed, and produce my own seed from heritage / heirloom / landrance stock. Seeds start in the "fridge" and stay there for a week or two, or until they have formed their first leaves, and have rooted thru the rockwool cubes.

After that, I take the cube into he tent, and cut the cube into strips, planting the strips and seedlings directly into the clay pellet. After that, I cover the clay pellet with 2" of pro mix, and wet down.

The 600w HPS light is set to 250w on the dim able ballast, and the light is set to 12/12. Other than the "veg" time in the fridge, I do not spend any time getting these plants "vegged up"... this particular strain is HUGE and will streeeetch to become 18-24" even when started to flower after less that a week from planting.

in about ten days, the plants begin to show their sex, and the thinning begins. Once the males are removed, the remaining females are moved into their new spots, to even out their spacing in the absence of the males. a few days later, the canopy fills in again, and the flower begins to come on strong.

a 4" mesh trellis is laid over the plants, and green veg growth is redirected under the mesh, to form the traditional ScROG canopy.

I just started 10 Malawi x Thai seeds, from Referman Genetics. I will go thru the whole grow with you guys, like a grow journal, to see what happens...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0727.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	404445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0725.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	404446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0726.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	404447  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Elf For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-21), Krofam (30-07-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,410 Times

Too many seedlings on display bro, 10 plant limit.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deku Nut For This Useful Post:

Dark Elf (30-07-21), GEORGE (30-07-21)

Thanks

Trying to edit the post... delete if you can
    sorry

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Elf For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (30-07-21), GEORGE (30-07-21)

Thanks

Trying to edit the post... delete if you can
    sorry... there are only ten little seedlings, the other shot is the canopy, only 5 plants there

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Elf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,410 Times

Are the plants in veg from a previous grow? And do you only plan on keeping 10 of the seedlings?
    I would suggest emailing a mod and explaining your mistake instead of letting one find it.
    We only have 8 mins to edit a post after it's made only a mod or admin can do anything I am neither just another member. Hope out works out man I like your username.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Deku Nut For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deku Nut View Post
    Are the plants in veg from a previous grow? And do you only plan on keeping 10 of the seedlings?
    I would suggest emailing a mod and explaining your mistake instead of letting one find it.
    We only have 8 mins to edit a post after it's made only a mod or admin can do anything I am neither just another member. Hope out works out man I like your username.
    Ya, the canopy is from a previous grow. I have been running this for a few years now so I have plenty of pics. Just trying to show the progression.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Elf For This Useful Post: