Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Special prices available

Thanks

Default Special prices available

hello all

we have some special member pricing available for Scorpion Diablo and 650R

also got 135/260/260xl kits on way and can help talkers out with these too.

please get in touch if interested or about anything else

thanks harry

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LED Harry For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (06-08-21), GEORGE (05-08-21), Jingo (06-08-21), Krofam (09-08-21), Mac (06-08-21), M_C (05-08-21), scoot (05-08-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (07-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,247 Times

Hi Harry,
    would be great if you could give me some advice on LEDs
    I have been growing for a number of years under HPS and would like to move over to LEDS in a few months,
    from all the research I have done, looking up available lights in my local grow shop (South East of the UK). The Telos LED range looks really good, can be up graded for a small fee, very high quality build, looks similar to my HPS, the way the light covers the canopy.

I have built myself a grow shed, more secure than my house, no windows and all walls, ceiling, floor and doors are 6" thick, built to last me the last 15/20 years, The inside of my apex shed is 2.4m(W), 2.0m(L), 1.9m (E), 2.3m(H)

This is the best setup I could think of after spending a good month working out my options.

Also looked at bar LEDs but its not going to use the space effectively, my shed door is 80cm wide, front centre (2.4m (W)) opens inwards, stops anyone getting to the hinges.

The veg room on the left front is (1.1m x 0.8) and guess a 006 pro would cover this space (2.5ft above the canopy) guess 200/300 would be great in veg.
    The right side would have a work top and storage for soil, pots etc
    Last edited by CheapHomeGrown; 06-08-21 at 04:15 PM.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (06-08-21), GEORGE (06-08-21), Jingo (07-08-21), Krofam (09-08-21), Mac (06-08-21), scoot (07-08-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (07-08-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHomeGrown View Post
    Hi Harry,
    would be great if you could give me some advice on LEDs
    I have been growing for a number of years under HPS and would like to move over to LEDS in a few months,
    from all the research I have done, looking up available lights in my local grow shop (South East of the UK). The Telos LED range looks really good, can be up graded for a small fee, very high quality build, looks similar to my HPS, the way the light covers the canopy.

I have built myself a grow shed, more secure than my house, no windows and all walls, ceiling, floor and doors are 6" thick, built to last me the last 15/20 years, The inside of my apex shed is 2.4m(W), 2.0m(L), 1.9m (E), 2.3m(H)

This is the best setup I could think of after spending a good month working out my options.

Also looked at bar LEDs but its not going to use the space effectively, my shed door is 80cm wide, front centre (2.4m (W)) opens inwards, stops anyone getting to the hinges.

The veg room on the left front is (1.1m x 0.8) and guess a 006 pro would cover this space (2.5ft above the canopy) guess 200/300 would be great in veg.
    The right side would have a work top and storage for soil, pots etc
    hi we not 100% familiar with that brand but there are good heavy weight units from what i see. please check if they have a lab report for the efficiency as I believe by looking at them they use fewer but higher power leds - these are known to be quite a bit down on efficiency. ive seen tests online at 2.0-2.2 umol but again you should only look at independent lab reports (HLG happily publish theirs)

pm if interested in hlg, we will soon have solutions upto 3.2 umol per watt with the latest samsung chip (not available elsewhere).

25w per square foot is low side if you are not using high efficiency so you might want to increase that figure to 30 or 35w. quite a bespoke layout you got for sure

harry

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LED Harry For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (06-08-21), GEORGE (06-08-21), Jingo (07-08-21), Krofam (09-08-21), Mac (07-08-21), M_C (07-08-21), scoot (07-08-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LED Harry View Post
    hi we not 100% familiar with that brand but there are good heavy weight units from what i see. please check if they have a lab report for the efficiency as I believe by looking at them they use fewer but higher power leds - these are known to be quite a bit down on efficiency. ive seen tests online at 2.0-2.2 umol but again you should only look at independent lab reports (HLG happily publish theirs)

pm if interested in hlg, we will soon have solutions upto 3.2 umol per watt with the latest samsung chip (not available elsewhere).

25w per square foot is low side if you are not using high efficiency so you might want to increase that figure to 30 or 35w. quite a bespoke layout you got for sure

harry
    Thank you for the advice,
    you could be right and the light may only put out 2.0-2.2 umol, which is not great compared to HLG but I need the best quality build, with a good even light spread, high efficiency is at the bottom of my list, living in the UK and trying to keep off the radar, if a light goes wrong, it goes in the bin, not going to contact a company and start sending lights backwards and forwards in the post, for a start it has my address on and it stinks of weed.
    Just want to give you some honest feed back.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-21), Jingo (07-08-21), Krofam (09-08-21), Mac (10-08-21), scoot (07-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

you could be right and the light may only put out 2.0-2.2 umol, which is not great compared to HLG but I need the best quality build, with a good even light spread, high efficiency is at the bottom of my list, living in the UK and trying to keep off the radar, if a light goes wrong, it goes in the bin, not going to contact a company and start sending lights backwards and forwards in the post, for a start it has my address on and it stinks of weed.
    For what it's worth I believe HLG is the best quality led out there.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (07-08-21), Farmer Geddon (08-08-21), GEORGE (07-08-21), Jingo (07-08-21), Krofam (09-08-21), Mac (10-08-21), scoot (07-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

If you want a reliable, even spread of light and don't care about the leccy bill, then 600w hps in a parabolic reflector is the way to go.

Used well, it will give an average of one ounce a week. Buy a new lamp every 6 months, nothing to send back.

If you want to average more than 1oz a week from 600w draw or pay a lot less leccy, then you're looking at led.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-21), Jingo (07-08-21), Krofam (09-08-21), Mac (10-08-21), scoot (07-08-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    If you want a reliable, even spread of light and don't care about the leccy bill, then 600w hps in a parabolic reflector is the way to go.

Used well, it will give an average of one ounce a week. Buy a new lamp every 6 months, nothing to send back.

If you want to average more than 1oz a week from 600w draw or pay a lot less leccy, then you're looking at led.
    I have been using a 600w hps with a light rail, often pull between 10-14oz's and I think these lights are amazing, great value for money, was even thinking about a 750 de hellion. But the lights do run hot and I keep reading about how effective leds are, less heat more light etc. The other thing with hps is the fire risk, it low but much lower with leds.
    Are leds all hype or could I pull 50% more with 600w LED vs 600w Hps ?
    I believe leds are better than hps but how much better?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (08-08-21), GEORGE (07-08-21), Jingo (07-08-21), Krofam (09-08-21), Mac (10-08-21), scoot (07-08-21)

Thanks

like farmer says go with hps if efficiency is last on your list.

hlg has the highest scoring light for efficiency and spread for your information, tested by third parties.

i suspect your post in this location is spammy, after all - you preselected, predesigned your room then asked an hlg seller for advice.

perhaps telos lights fail a lot, like you say, but you have nothing to suggest hlg need to be sent "backwards and forwards" - quite the opposite

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LED Harry For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (08-08-21), GEORGE (07-08-21), Jingo (07-08-21), Karsa (08-08-21), Krofam (09-08-21), Mac (10-08-21), scoot (07-08-21)

Thanks

I joined a UK grow forum asking questions about lights locally available in my area, I don't know much about the range of hlg, you said they where very effective, you never said there where one of the most reliable leds, making me think there not, not providing links to a range of hlg that would would for my flower space or saying how your postage works after explaining my concerns. Not spamming you, trying to find out more information on HLG leds and you as a seller. Not very impressed.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (08-08-21), GEORGE (07-08-21), Jingo (07-08-21), Krofam (09-08-21), Mac (10-08-21), scoot (07-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,727 Times

I joined a UK grow forum asking questions about lights locally available in my area, I don't know much about the range of hlg, you said they where very effective, you never said there where one of the most reliable leds, making me think there not, not providing links to a range of hlg that would would for my flower space or saying how your postage works after explaining my concerns. Not spamming you, trying to find out more information on HLG leds and you as a seller. Not very impressed.
    Seems to me he gave you exactly what you asked for. If you wanted prices and specs on his lights why didn't you just ask?

It's amazing how hard it can be sometimes getting our intent across in writing. We are certain were posting something that everybody is going to understand but we know what we're posting. It's not always so clear on the receiving end.

It sounds to me like you want to find a good light for your space from a supplier that will give you stealth. I think all of our light sellers have done a good job on stealth, but you can ask a few of the guys that have bought from them how they feel about their lights.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-08-21), Easy-T (08-08-21), Farmer Geddon (08-08-21), GEORGE (07-08-21), Jstatus (07-08-21), Krofam (09-08-21), Mac (10-08-21), scoot (07-08-21)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast