Thread: new to hydro

Thanks

Default new to hydro

hi not grown hydro before was going to before but never got a chance due to being in rented acom and too many visits

if now got my own house so can do what the hell I like so have just got two DWC oxypot kits

for a 2foot by 4foot by 8 foot grow space got a decent ph pen clay pebbles and Rockwool cubes and got a nutrient Remo Nutrients - SuperCharged Kit

The only thing I know I did forget was some ph up and down

a couple of questions guys

1 its been a few years since I read all up on hydro and dwc/bubblers can you guys recommend a good guide

2 did I do right with the nutrients starter kit or would te be some better easy to use nutriains for a beginner to start with

I already have own carbon filter fans and led lights fan controller and timers

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to outlaw6666 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (14-08-21), GEORGE (14-08-21), Mac (14-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

There are some dwc growers here, if you use the same brand as them, you can copy their feeding schedule.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-21), Mac (14-09-21), V8 (14-09-21)

Thanks

I ended up building my own RDWC - took a bit of an investment but happy with the results.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedtpkid For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (14-09-21), GEORGE (14-09-21), Mac (14-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Not a hydro guy but one thing I have picked up along the way that may be of help...

RINSE DEM PEBBLES!!. Like ya waterboarding ya daughters first boyfriend Then rinse em some more and some more.

Some one will be along to help answer ya q's soon fella good luck

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-09-21), Farmer Geddon (14-09-21), GEORGE (14-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Not a hydro guy but one thing I have picked up along the way that may be of help...

RINSE DEM PEBBLES!!. Like ya waterboarding ya daughters first boyfriend Then rinse em some more and some more.

Some one will be along to help answer ya q's soon fella good luck
    That's some great advice from Mac. You also need to soak them in ph'd water.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (16-09-21), GEORGE (15-09-21), Mac (16-09-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw6666 View Post
    hi not grown hydro before was going to before but never got a chance due to being in rented acom and too many visits

if now got my own house so can do what the hell I like so have just got two DWC oxypot kits

for a 2foot by 4foot by 8 foot grow space got a decent ph pen clay pebbles and Rockwool cubes and got a nutrient Remo Nutrients - SuperCharged Kit

The only thing I know I did forget was some ph up and down

a couple of questions guys

1 its been a few years since I read all up on hydro and dwc/bubblers can you guys recommend a good guide

2 did I do right with the nutrients starter kit or would te be some better easy to use nutriains for a beginner to start with

I already have own carbon filter fans and led lights fan controller and timers
    You will need a ppm meter. It measures dissolved solids. Example if your mix is 300ppm today but 310 tomorrow, your plant is leaving nutrients in the solution. It wants more water. . This is overfeeding and results in the alot of hydro issues. You want your ppms to slowly drop, very very slowly. If they are climbing add more water.

Root rot is also a common problem. Pick a system, sterile or live. Study up on how introducing bacteria fights pythium(root rot fungus). Using bacteria to fight root rot is called live system. If you use chemicals to stop root rot its called a sterile system.

Dwc is tedious and irritating once you understand rdwc and holding capacity. Alot of people think the larger your res the more nutrients you dump and waste. I will say the opposite, the larger your res the less you have to dump due to stability and it just lasting longer. I like minimum 5 gallon per plant veg 10 gallon per plant flower.

If you just keep your ppms, ph and root rot under control.. You will love hydro. If you don't, you will hate it and never look back. Also Dwc is annoying, when your done with this grow I would reccommend hooking all ur buckets together and adding a pump for recircullation. Also known as rdwc. I'm Fallponics if you want to study that too... Rdwc with surface airration.

Flora trio, calmag and hydroguard are easy to use if that's what your looking for. Tons of people use it and plenty of diarys out there. But I'm sure yours are fine. Just remember, add half what they recommend or you will overfeed your plant.

Anyways.. Good luck man

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (16-09-21), GEORGE (16-09-21)