Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: So many systems so many opinions...

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210824-102532.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	396.9 KB 
ID:	405943

More less just come to counter bad advice.

If you re-read my first comment, you will see clear instructions for him. Yet I would assume this is more about my comments than helping him, but why?

Do you not think he can learn alot by hearing all the pros and cons?

I mean is there anyone else telling him it's easy or is everyone else saying it's hard?

If he can wrap his head around all of our exchanges, he will understand far better than say, me not speaking to begin with, which is what I'm guessing you would like to happen lol..

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

bren2466 (05-09-21), Farmer Geddon (24-08-21), GEORGE (24-08-21), sourshoes (24-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

No one is suggesting that hydro is hard, they are just saying that soil is easier

I grow in coco... which is a bit of a half way house between the two. Took me ages before trying coco & I wish I had done so earlier... but it's not as easy as soil... that's all people really seem to be saying
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (01-09-21), Deku Nut (24-08-21), Doink (24-08-21), Farmer Geddon (24-08-21), GEORGE (24-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cashmeh View Post

If you re-read my first comment, you will see clear instructions for him. Yet I would assume this is more about my comments than helping him, but why?

I mean is there anyone else telling him it's easy or is everyone else saying it's hard?

If he can wrap his head around all of our exchanges, he will understand far better than say, me not speaking to begin with, which is what I'm guessing you would like to happen lol..
    Who's giving bad advice?

The OP can decide whether it's bad or not as the advice is directed at them.

sent from space

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (01-09-21), Deku Nut (24-08-21), Doink (24-08-21), Farmer Geddon (24-08-21), GEORGE (24-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

Also consider price. Growing is soil was way cheaper for me.

sent from space

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-08-21), CheapHomeGrown (01-09-21), Deku Nut (24-08-21), Doink (24-08-21), Farmer Geddon (24-08-21), GEORGE (24-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,993 Times

I don't think it's about one way being right or wrong, people get great results using all methods. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean you shouldn't voice your opinions.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doink For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-08-21), CheapHomeGrown (01-09-21), Farmer Geddon (24-08-21), GEORGE (24-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,483 Times

Glad to have you come just to call the forum full of bad advice.

Hydro should give you near double the yield, or half the harvest time.
    Half the time to harvest as hydro changes genetics, got it.

2 grams per watt is achievable with a perfect hydro system.
    Perfect?

Usually 1gram per watt is achievable with a perfect soil grow.
    Nope. My sloppy first time in soil was 1.34. FAR from perfect with much to improve upon.

I'm sure many will disagree, but if you try it it yourself you will find out it to be true. Most people don't know how to hydro correctly lol..
    k

72 water Temps in live systems also seems to be the best, when compared to chillers and sterile enviroments. Same with 5.6 ph when compared to most 6.0ph hydro grows.

As for the system you should build. Study Fallponics and use 10gallon per plant in your system. It will be very hands off. You use Dwc your gonna be in there daily.
    There is the advice that was relevant. Kudos!

My res changes are one month with 0 maintenance in between.
    Doubt

I'm new to this forums, but I ain't going no where lol..
    Awesome, stoked to have ya. I'm sure you've much to offer.

My advice, never grow in soil lol.. It's a waste of time when compared to hydro.
    No one asked but you're free to chime in with an opinion based not in fact but from a position of inferred superiority.

You can search me on other forums for my resume. I'm sure I'll get around to posting an intro on myself.
    Celeb. Cool.

Good luck man..

I think pros and cons are great. I think saying "soil is a waste of time" is not only patently false, but self-discrediting. If I say 'hydro is a waste of money', I'd be putting a blanket statement on an opinion. See now?

If 4/5 people say it's difficult, perhaps there is some truth to it. Of course, if we check your resume, no one else has a reason to bother going against your word. Fair enough.

I'd love to hear your opinion. Takes all kinds.
    Okay so I've read your post again. I stand by my assessment.

That said, I'm sure we've more in common than opposed and I wish you very well.

Cheers,
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (24-08-21), Farmer Geddon (24-08-21), GEORGE (24-08-21), Herbitual (01-09-21), SmallTimer (24-08-21), sourshoes (24-08-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Okay so I've read your post again. I stand by my assessment.

That said, I'm sure we've more in common than opposed and I wish you very well.

Cheers,
    B
    I said counter bad advice, not that everyone here is giving it. I've seen people on this forum speak about hydro in a matter that is intelligent and productive.

Do you think genetics dictates yield more than light? How about root uptake of nutrients and structure, would that not determine growth? This type of shit is exactly what I'm talking about in regards to bad information.

Perfect grows are possible. There is a best method for everything, that is until it becomes outdated too. I would say a perfect grow convo would require an entire thread to elaborate on.

I'm sure we can all agree around the 1 gram per watt on soil correct? Is this new news. I'm sure the 30 year soil guy can get higher. But your telling me you get 1,000grams out of a 4x4 on average with soil every 3 months? What kind of veg time did you do? I'm speaking of 4 grows per year out of one system.

You doubt the res changes because you have never ran huge res have you, or added a heavy buffer to prevent swings. This isn't about teaching you, since you already know. This is about the readers.

Hell 4 out of 5 people say its true so it must be huh. I get it, but again, everyone must learn the earth is round, not flat.. Time to move forward.

By the time the average person gets good with soil they could have mastered hydro. Get off ya horse and come ride rockets with me.

180MPH on an R1 baby blown on dro.. Catch up
    Last edited by Cashmeh; 24-08-21 at 06:09 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

bren2466 (05-09-21), Farmer Geddon (24-08-21), GEORGE (24-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,483 Times

I said counter bad advice, not that everyone here is giving it. I've seen people on this forum speak about hydro in a matter that is intelligent and productive.

Do you think genetics dictates yield more than light? How about root uptake of nutrients and structure, would that not determine growth? This type of shit is exactly what I'm talking about in regards to bad information.

I didn't say that. Please refrain for putting words onto my posts. I only said that hydro can not cut the harvest time in half as you reported.

Perfect grows are possible. There is a best method for everything, that is until it becomes outdated too. I would say a perfect grow convo would require an entire thread to elaborate on.

I'm sure we can all agree around the 1 gram per watt on soil correct? Is this new news. I'm sure the 30 year soil guy can get higher. But your telling me you get 1,000grams out of a 4x4 on average with soil every 3 months? What kind of veg time did you do? I'm speaking of 4 grows per year out of one system.
    Again, you're speaking for me incorrectly. I'm telling you that a novice put up 1.34gpw on his first grow before considering larf. I've documentation. I never spoke of a kilo nor a 4x4. So, no, I'm not telling you that.

You doubt the res changes because you have never ran huge res have you, or added a heavy buffer to prevent swings. This isn't about teaching you, since you already know. This is about the readers.
    I doubt that you do 0 maintenance for 30 days. Preventative maintenance or corrective. Just like you doubt someone can put up more than 1gpw without 30 years experience. Are you saying that you don't tend to your plants or just the resevoir? Perhaps that's a communication gap we're dealing with.
    Hell 4 out of 5 people say its true so it must be huh. I get it, but again, everyone must learn the earth is round, not flat.. Time to move forward.
    It must be true that 4/5 people find it more difficult. Exactly. Not sure what the flat earth scenario is getting at bub

By the time the average person gets good with soil they could have mastered hydro. Get off ya horse and come ride rockets with me.
    Mastering hydro isn't an end goal for the average person, Bezos. This isn't a progression, rather, another doorway.

180MPH on an R1 baby blown on dro.. Catch up
    Weird
    Anyways, neat mockup of the groom. Hope you figure out what's going on with your slow growth. You know, that thread where you talk about adjusting your res short of a 30 day window

Busting chops there, pal.

Hydro is pretty neat. I'd never want to do it personally, but to each their own I always say.

Cheers Cashmeh Outside,
    B

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

B1unt (29-08-21), Deku Nut (24-08-21), Farmer Geddon (24-08-21), GEORGE (24-08-21), Greengrass (24-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Can I throw a quid into the discussion box
    Maybe if I was a dealer eeking out that extra weight from each plant would interest me but I'm a hobbyist grower with other interests that take up my time ,and supplying just my family off 2 or 3 plants in soil with the costs are super low no need to feed for the first 4-5 weeks and I can water on a Friday piss off for the weekend and get back Sunday or Monday and water again Ive never even bothered to weigh my harvests just as long as 1 plant can fill 3x 2 litre jars im a happy chappy
    Growing in mud is best for Greengrass
    Atb you lovely lot

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-08-21), Blue61 (24-08-21), Cashmeh (24-08-21), Deku Nut (24-08-21), Farmer Geddon (24-08-21), GEORGE (24-08-21), Herbitual (01-09-21), Jingo (25-08-21), Monty Bong (10-02-22), M_C (25-08-21)

Thanks

Wtf do you mean you would never want to do it?

You telling me you have never grown in water but got comments??

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

bren2466 (05-09-21), Farmer Geddon (24-08-21), GEORGE (24-08-21), Greengrass (24-08-21), sourshoes (24-08-21)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast