Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: So many systems so many opinions...

Thanks

https://youtu.be/Ve5KMBatLJI

Just an update for the author. I have not added w as ter or nutrients since I made this batch. This batch of nutrients is over 30 days old with only bright white roots.

Only use flora trio, calmag and hydroguard. No enzymes. I also added an extra 3ml of ph up and 1ml ph down last Monday. Had I added this at the start I would have had 0 ph swings. Currently going on 2 weeks without adding ph up or down.

Ph is stable at 5.7 for a long time now.

The key is a huge res size and keep your roots submerged at all times to all the bacteria to work. Totally different in live systems.

Anyways author, hope this helps.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (29-08-21), GEORGE (29-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,066 Times

If you want to learn hydro (if the OP reads this ) go with coco, you mix hydro nutrients & pH them like you would for a recirculating system & apart from that stuff all you need is a pot

Simple & you don't have to buy a system
    Last edited by B1unt; 29-08-21 at 11:05 PM.
    B1unt XIII: Chemdogging & Sour Diesel - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...post1071304159

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (30-08-21), GEORGE (30-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

you mix hydro nutrients & pH them

pH them? What does that involve?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-08-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    If you want to learn hydro (if the OP reads this ) go with coco, you mix hydro nutrients & pH them like you would for a recirculating system & apart from that stuff all you need is a pot

Simple & you don't have to buy a system
    The growth rates for soil less is far faster than any drip method.

I would say the best soil method is drip as you mentioned. Yet the best soulless method is Aeroponics. When I say best, take two identical clones. Place one in soil and the other in coco drip, you will see coco out perform. Same goes with rdwc and aero. You will see aero outperform rdwc every time. You will also notice that drip is more complex than soil, Rdwc is more complex than drip and aero is more complex than rdwc.

I would say if all systems are done under optimum conditions, you would get growth equal to its complexity. Meaning faster growth, with the same end product as you scale up your grow build.

I would say it's slightly more complex to do a single tote rdwc Fallponics than coco, more overhead obviously.

So I know why you would argue for someone to go coco, but I will argue that's more of a slow soil grow than fast hydro.

I notice everyone promoting coco, regardless if the user wants soil or hydro.

Personally I don't see why anyone would use coco. Hydro is so simple once you complete a successful Dwc run.

I always reccommend spending the extra money and time studying when growing. Coco is simple and everyone does it. You won't have near as many issues.

Yet you won't be pulling the 2gpw quarterly unless your rdwc or above.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,144 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cashmeh View Post
    The growth rates for soil less is far faster than any drip method.

I would say the best soil method is drip as you mentioned. Yet the best soulless method is Aeroponics. When I say best, take two identical clones. Place one in soil and the other in coco drip, you will see coco out perform. Same goes with rdwc and aero. You will see aero outperform rdwc every time. You will also notice that drip is more complex than soil, Rdwc is more complex than drip and aero is more complex than rdwc.

I would say if all systems are done under optimum conditions, you would get growth equal to its complexity. Meaning faster growth, with the same end product as you scale up your grow build.

I would say it's slightly more complex to do a single tote rdwc Fallponics than coco, more overhead obviously.

So I know why you would argue for someone to go coco, but I will argue that's more of a slow soil grow than fast hydro.

I notice everyone promoting coco, regardless if the user wants soil or hydro.

Personally I don't see why anyone would use coco. Hydro is so simple once you complete a successful Dwc run.

I always reccommend spending the extra money and time studying when growing. Coco is simple and everyone does it. You won't have near as many issues.

Yet you won't be pulling the 2gpw quarterly unless your rdwc or above.
    I have grow in many different systems over the years, coco, dwc, flood and drain, etc, for a good couple of years, 15 years back, fort the grass was green on the other side, its not, all hydro systems are expensive to run, high chance things can go wrong and very time consuming, the risk, running cost and time you spend is not worth the return (imo) for many growers, it exciting and very interesting, at first it was for me too but not any more, I just want the lowest cost bud I can grow( but still high quality) wader in my flower room every 2,3 days and give them a drink and sort the plants out in veg, takes 5 minutes.

With my setup, I get good results everytime, my plants had less than 5 weeks Veg and there about 10 days in flower12/12

I reused all my soil from last crop, added about £3 of dry nutes and topped up the soil.
    I use 20% perlite so the plant growth is quick.
    Having a diffent space for clones, veg and flower. this gives me a beter return than most hydro systems
    could even flower the plants off for the first week in my veg room.
    Every 7 week, I could pull a crop, use veg room to dry my crop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210830_214734.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	406321

90% of the yield is down to the skills of the grower and the phoneotype, to get the best out of there system.
    Imo lst makes the biggest difference to yeild, get this right and you will more than double your crop in any system(vs untrained plants)

Cost me about £7 an OZ to grow in dirt
    Last edited by CheapHomeGrown; 01-09-21 at 08:26 AM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

barney_b (01-09-21), Cashmeh (01-09-21), Farmer Geddon (01-09-21), GEORGE (01-09-21), Greengrass (01-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

It's easy to get hung up on 'maximum yield'. Far more important than maximum yield is you, the person reading this. You either have enough grow space to stay self sufficient or you do not. If you do have adequate grow space, then maximum yield is not top priority, you are top priority. Mr & Mrs Heavyweight are never going to be self sufficient if their only grow space is the cupboard under the stairs. Every extra gram they manage means less money for the dealer. Give them a spare bedroom to grow in and the dealer gets nowt.

Every square foot of your grow space is capable of giving you one sixteenth of an ounce or more per week on average. No matter what system you use. Want an ounce a week? A 4'x4' space can do that for you. Soil, passive hydro, active hydro, whatever. If you want more than an ounce a week, then use more space.

Whatever system you end up using, choose it because it suits how you want to grow, not because 'more yield'. They all have their pros and cons irrespective of their yield capabilities.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

barney_b (01-09-21), CheapHomeGrown (01-09-21), Deku Nut (01-09-21), GEORGE (01-09-21), Greengrass (01-09-21), M_C (03-09-21)

Thanks

I would agree lots play a factor in yeild. Light, level canopy, pheno, the inviduals ability, how much you feed it, how long you let it veg... And so on.

I'm just stating for the record. That Aeroponics will produce more weight of the same strain in a shorter time frame than all other hydro or soil methods.

Soon I will be able to do side by side comparisons using clones off the same plant.

So some will reccommend coco for greatest results while being super easy to learn and apply.

I will always suggest Fallponics for ease of use and greatest results over coco drips. This is simply for harvest weight comparison. Fallponics and aero will produce the same quality of buds in a shorter time frame guaranteed, thus giving you more harvests per year.

If you build your dream drip setup, and I build my dream aero setup. I will get almost double your weight annually.. Easily..

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (01-09-21), GEORGE (01-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,467 Times

OP asked this question and hasn't logged in since. Think we scared him lads?

Cheers

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Cashmeh (01-09-21), CheapHomeGrown (01-09-21), Farmer Geddon (01-09-21), GEORGE (01-09-21), M_C (03-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,144 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cashmeh View Post
    I would agree lots play a factor in yeild. Light, level canopy, pheno, the inviduals ability, how much you feed it, how long you let it veg... And so on.

I'm just stating for the record. That Aeroponics will produce more weight of the same strain in a shorter time frame than all other hydro or soil methods.

Soon I will be able to do side by side comparisons using clones off the same plant.

So some will reccommend coco for greatest results while being super easy to learn and apply.

I will always suggest Fallponics for ease of use and greatest results over coco drips. This is simply for harvest weight comparison. Fallponics and aero will produce the same quality of buds in a shorter time frame guaranteed, thus giving you more harvests per year.

If you build your dream drip setup, and I build my dream aero setup. I will get almost double your weight annually.. Easily..
    I have a very effective perpetual system.
    I take cuttings, just before flowering the plants off, (takes 2-3 weeks to root)
    Then I veg the plants under 42w twin t5 tubes in 1/4ltr pots for 2 weeks.
    Pot up into 2ltr pots for 2-3 weeks (under 150w/250w).
    Pot up into final pots for 3,4 days, take cutting just before flowering the plants off.
    Most plants take 8-9 weeks to flower in hydro or soil, makes no difference
    So how is hydro quicker than soil?

With hydro, guess you need a mother plants, wasted space imo, you need buy cutting or seeds?
    I can use the extra space and electric for my flower room and pull more bud.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

barney_b (01-09-21), Farmer Geddon (01-09-21), GEORGE (01-09-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHomeGrown View Post
    I have a very effective perpetual system.
    I take cuttings, just before flowering the plants off, (takes 2-3 weeks to root)
    Then I veg the plants under 42w twin t5 tubes in 1/4ltr pots for 2 weeks.
    Pot up into 2ltr pots for 2-3 weeks (under 150w/250w).
    Pot up into final pots for 3,4 days, take cutting just before flowering the plants off.
    Most plants take 8-9 weeks to flower in hydro or soil, makes no difference
    So how is hydro quicker than soil?

With hydro, guess you need a mother plants, wasted space imo, you need buy cutting or seeds?
    I can use the extra space and electric for my flower room and pull more bud.

You would have to read my other comments to understand. As I keep stating, unless you have had a successful aeroponics grow, this will be new news to you. You do understand you get faster growth with warmer water Temps and lower ph right? Why do you think that is?

There's no need for extra space when growing hydro either. Idk why people think you need more room for hydro. There are plenty of options that do not require chillers or a res.

And no there is no wasted space when comparing hydro to soil.

Again, I am noticing the lack of aeroponic growers on this forums, perhaps that's why everyone's stuck in the past. I'm here to help educate.. That is all.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (01-09-21), GEORGE (01-09-21)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast