Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: made a stealthy cheeky cheap LED grow 40cm x 140cm

Thanks

well as I say there are branded COBS from cree and the likes but I was looking at some unbranded modules, cob modules with driver built in..

par purple light or ofcourse normal daylight warm/cool

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdom84 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-08-21), V8 (22-08-21)

Thanks

LED Grow Light COB Full Spectrum 100W Citizen Lamp Flower Tent Greenhouse Plant

if you search for that on ebay it is a citizen module with heatsink for £80 from isreal...

one example of many...

although if I made it myself could be as litttle as £30

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdom84 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-08-21), V8 (22-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jdom84 View Post
    Yeah sorry I just heard all this 1000 times before it gets tiring.

How can I share products without using links?

I never said a flood light will be better than HPS I don't know if people here are understanding me....

I have a tiny grow space, I need to use LED. I want to do it as cheap as poss. I have ALREADY done a grow with a cheap flood LED and it worked.

I mean the upfront cost but also the monthly bill needs to not be detectable.
    Paste data, dont need links

Just becuse someone dragged a plant to the end under a light doesn't mean growers on here would look twice at or recommend it.

An inefficient led will give off loads of heat. Not good for small areas either

If you like DIY, buy a loose quantum board or strip lights from Samsung. Dont waste time and money on other stuff. It will cost you many times more and you will get many times less flower.

Weve made plenty of top notch diy lights on here.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Doink (23-08-21), GEORGE (22-08-21), Greengrass (23-08-21), IceCalibur (22-08-21), jdom84 (23-08-21), V8 (22-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

if it works it works and it works as you can see from people actually using them and doing it and I have done it..

Why would I be making things up?

your led is from china

everything is made in china

it can be a cree COB on a heatsink and its £100 from china why is that bad? Its cree or citizen COB modules..
    You can buy quantum boards from sponsor on here for less, delivered next day.

China is wildwest for quality and fakes.

£100 will attract VAT fyi

No not all leds are from China. Crap cheap uninformed stuff is.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Doink (23-08-21), GEORGE (22-08-21), Greengrass (23-08-21), V8 (22-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

China isn't as trust worthy as they were before the Covid 19 thing. A lot of company's that were good company's have gone out of business, and the bad company's have pick up on selling even more junk worst than before. JMO

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Doink (23-08-21), gardro (22-08-21), Greengrass (23-08-21), V8 (22-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

light leak doesn't make a plant have seeds tho? thats genetics, if its male or female or mutated. Sound like there was no light leak and it just randomly went male, hermaphrodite.. It happens..

light leak will mess up the cycle so that its not flowering because its not 12/12 light cycle... It doesnt change the genetics of a plant? If your other buds were find then it means the light was fine.

I think there is a lot of snobbery around grow lights, if you guys actually google around loads of people are using led flood lights to grow plants.. Google it!

Like you can use CFL to flower bud I know you will all whine about that too but its true again google it.. It comes out a bit less dense. CFL are generally MUCH lower CRI than LED.

No ofcourse a little household bulb is not going to be better than the 100w led flood light? Thats a really ignorant thing to say hahaah its just not how it works man. It makes no sense.

I already did a little grow with a led flood light and got decent bud off of it so I dunno what is wrong with yall. I am not saying its the best but its usable..

Guys try googling stuff look at youtube and people actually trying these things out and they talk about the results instead of being closed minded. Scoffing at china and amazon.. Everything is made in china even your fancy pants expensive grow lights, you can get good shit off of amazon, it has reviews so you can see that people are using it and its working...

I am going for affordability as I may have mentioned.

Just seems like a lot of judgments not things based on reality, facts and science..

I am looking at alternatives for a grow light but leaving it like this for now as I want to see how it goes..

I am not paying £150 for a 100watt grow light tho...

I might make a DIY COB, seems COB's are better generally as far as light intensity. Or there are other grow lights with the same branded led modules cheaper... with good reviews..
    My fancy ass grow light is a china made 200$ 300w unit. its the "upper" if I may call it that class of china lights.

And you say we are not basing things on reality, fact and science.

My reality was that plants do hermie from the tinyest of light leak. And thats a fact and science can back it up.

So can reality, fact and science be about lights. My reality with my china light was that is never fully turned off. And did I get any help from china, no. I fixed it myself. Its their way of making money. Did you know that china has a totally simular car to the BMW X3? Its really good! Allmost the same as the german prodused BMW. Oh wait. Its a Rip off. An exact copy of the german car. Hmmm. How can that be legal. As you see china does not comply with normal copyright laws. Copy whatever you want. The china made BMW does work. But its plastic and all inn a shitty car. It lookes good on paper too!!

All of this is a fact! Yes china lights work but they are shit and that can science prove with tests!

And another thing. When I got the light they also said self cooled unit. My fucking ass they are. They are so hot you can fry an egg on them! Safety first right?

V8

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Doink (23-08-21), GEORGE (23-08-21), Greengrass (23-08-21), jdom84 (23-08-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Paste data, dont need links

Just becuse someone dragged a plant to the end under a light doesn't mean growers on here would look twice at or recommend it.

An inefficient led will give off loads of heat. Not good for small areas either

If you like DIY, buy a loose quantum board or strip lights from Samsung. Dont waste time and money on other stuff. It will cost you many times more and you will get many times less flower.

Weve made plenty of top notch diy lights on here.
    thanks youre making sense, yeah I see good to find something with samsung modules... Or DIY with a branded led..

makes sense about the heat
    thanks someone is making sense now

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdom84 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-21), V8 (23-08-21)

Thanks

you are judging an entire country where everything is made even a £3000 macbook pro???

While simultaneously would recommend a board where the LED are Samsung which is korean probably have the factory in china...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdom84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

really?

even with something as simple as an LED.. the science is there for LED its not a mystery or that complicated.. It is just a diode.
    Any LED is already better than any alternative for a small space on the cheap

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdom84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Plants don't need complete dark to flower; ever been out in the woods on a moonlit night?

It can get quite bright out there at night, especially if you are in an area where there are no tall trees, just small bushes or open country.

There is an old internet cannabis myth that light leaks cause plants to hermie.
    Bullshit, light leaks don't cause hermies.

I haven't had a hermie for many years, they are not common unless one is growing bagseed, which may have come from a hermie plant anyway.

I read a lot on internet forums about people getting hermies, I sometimes wonder if they are just new growers who when a plant turns out to be male they think it's a hermie.

I have just grown my first two feminized plants, they were freebies, as I don't by feminized plants, and while feminized plants have a reputation for being hermies these one's were not hermies, just like normal regular female plants.

(I kinda agree with this guy, also others go on to back him up in this thread on THC farmer's forum about light leaks)

I have had a hermie issues once but def not a light leak in that situation as we had a purpose build wall built around the grow.

I am looking into it , seems more an issue of genetics or the seeds came from a hermie in the first place.. If you have a decent mother plant with good genetics then you wont get hermie, or any of you had tht

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdom84 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast