Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: trouble germinating in germinating

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,144 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    I used to have a 100% reliable germination method that was awkward. p/v in peat pots standing in an inch of water. After they'd sprouted, the fun was getting the soggy pot out of it's tray without damage.

I'm using coco pellets now. I was dubious at first because I don't like having to make judgement calls. Like 'Keep them damp, don't let them dry out.' What is a solid definition of 'damp' or 'dry'? Guesswork needed.

My routine has been working so far although I'm still starting an extra seed for safety. From seed packet into an expanded coco pellet, 1" deep. Close up the hole. Put under the 24/0 light and mist every 8 hours until they sprout. Last one up gets to visit the round filing cabinet.
    IMO damp Rockwall cubes means don't let them sit in runoff 5 minutes after soaking the cubes, don't let them dry out, squees the Rockwall cubes very gently and if there is no water on the bottom of the cubes, sit them in water for 2-3 minutes.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (27-08-21), GEORGE (27-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,144 Times

Potted my clones up last night
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210827_094458.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	406070

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (27-08-21), forager (28-08-21), GEORGE (27-08-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2