Thread: Irregular bleaching and spots

Thanks

Default Irregular bleaching and spots

Fifth week for my Northern Lights Auto with some bleaching marks on top leaves mostly and those exposed to direct light. During the last days it's seemed to spread.
    I've added some coconut water with ca. ph6 watering from the beginning and I was generous with nitrogen growth product. Using a 65W Kingbrite LED
    at max with 2 feet distance from the canopy.

Could it be light stress due to it's limiting to top? Doesn't look like nitrogen or calsium/magnesium deficiency.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210825_192528.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	405989 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210825_191926.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	405990 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210825_192052.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	405991

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arctic2k For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-21), scoot (28-08-21), V8 (26-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

whats your feeding schedule?
    medium?
    light proximity to canopy?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-21), scoot (28-08-21), V8 (26-08-21)

Thanks

I water with nutrients when surface dries up
    Soil/dirt
    2 feet from canopy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arctic2k For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-08-21), scoot (28-08-21), V8 (26-08-21)

Thanks

If you are able to measure the pH of your water, then you should be able to measure the runoff. What is the pH of your water before you add some pH down? Your plant is showing micronutrient deficiencies. Probably a combination of a couple different elements. Usually, new leaf deficiencies indicate a high pH. Imbalances in macronutrients(NPK) can interfere with micronutrient uptake in plants, also. By giving the plant ferts every time may have been too much or your pH is off. Once you get a pH reading from the runoff then you can apply a treatment. One would be a flush the other would be to feed. pH first.

When you do take a reading of the runoff, do it when runoff first appears, then the middle of runoff, then after about 30 minutes of runoff, read again. If you water with 6.0pH then ideally you want your runoff to come back 6.0-6.3. No higher and no lower. If runoff comes back 6.4pH or more than your soil is 6.7pH or higher. High pH leads to micronutrient deficiencies. On the other end of the spectrum if your pH comes back at 5.8pH or lower than the soil pH is low. Usually an indication of overfertilization which locks out micronutrient uptake. Then you need to flush with your 6.0pH water to bring the pH back in balance. Ideally, soil pH should be around 6.3 to 6.5 pH.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skinny Leaf For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-21), scoot (28-08-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Leaf View Post
    If you are able to measure the pH of your water, then you should be able to measure the runoff. What is the pH of your water before you add some pH down? Your plant is showing micronutrient deficiencies. Probably a combination of a couple different elements. Usually, new leaf deficiencies indicate a high pH. Imbalances in macronutrients(NPK) can interfere with micronutrient uptake in plants, also. By giving the plant ferts every time may have been too much or your pH is off. Once you get a pH reading from the runoff then you can apply a treatment. One would be a flush the other would be to feed. pH first.

When you do take a reading of the runoff, do it when runoff first appears, then the middle of runoff, then after about 30 minutes of runoff, read again. If you water with 6.0pH then ideally you want your runoff to come back 6.0-6.3. No higher and no lower. If runoff comes back 6.4pH or more than your soil is 6.7pH or higher. High pH leads to micronutrient deficiencies. On the other end of the spectrum if your pH comes back at 5.8pH or lower than the soil pH is low. Usually an indication of overfertilization which locks out micronutrient uptake. Then you need to flush with your 6.0pH water to bring the pH back in balance. Ideally, soil pH should be around 6.3 to 6.5 pH.
    Thanks for your guidance. I'm using a chemical drop tester to measure water pH so it's not that accurate, I'd have to get a digital meter to get precise reading. I've also been feeding the plant with a general purpose growth product which isn't exactly appropriate for hemp, found out it releases nitrogen slowly. This is very likely the reason for discolored leaves in early stages of growth. I got some Biobizz Bio-Grow for future use with Alg-A-Mic, Bloom and coconut water. Once I purchase the new meter I'll measure run offs. Currently the plant is in early bloom and seems to do nicely except for the leaves that look a bit banged up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to arctic2k For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-09-21)