Thread: Flushing?

Thanks

Default Flushing?

Hi everyone my grow has come to an end.
    I’ve used a four pot oxypot all in one dwc system and wondering how to flush the plants.
    I’ve done a res change as best as I can using a pump and filled back up using a ph’d mix with no nutes.
    My question is how long do I leave them just on water?
    Thanks.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Silkysmooth For This Useful Post:

barney_b (02-09-21), Cashmeh (02-09-21), CheapHomeGrown (02-09-21), Easy-T (02-09-21), Farmer Geddon (04-09-21), GEORGE (02-09-21), scoot (02-09-21), V8 (02-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,144 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkysmooth View Post
    Hi everyone my grow has come to an end.
    I’ve used a four pot oxypot all in one dwc system and wondering how to flush the plants.
    I’ve done a res change as best as I can using a pump and filled back up using a ph’d mix with no nutes.
    My question is how long do I leave them just on water?
    Thanks.
    I used to flush my plants for 2 days in my DWC bucket, you want the plants to redirect the food from the fan leaves, causing the fan leaves to turn yellow.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

barney_b (02-09-21), Blue61 (02-09-21), Cashmeh (02-09-21), Easy-T (02-09-21), Farmer Geddon (04-09-21), GEORGE (02-09-21), scoot (02-09-21), Silkysmooth (02-09-21), V8 (02-09-21)

Thanks

You don't need to flush. The plant will stop taking up nutrients as it finishes its harvest. As long as your ppms are dropping and not increasing ur fine. So if u have it in water, it still can live along time by feeding off its leafs aka nutrient reserves. I would be more worried about how you like your tricomes and harvest by that method.

Congrads on your success BTW! How does that system work? Is there something linking the buckets or are they separate. I guess my point is, get a pump for sure and plumb them together. I can't imagine using a 4 bucket Dwc. System.. Sounds like alot of work.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-09-21), GEORGE (02-09-21), scoot (02-09-21), Silkysmooth (02-09-21)

Thanks

Thanks, it’s just one res with a four pot/net lid so no linking together, just like one big square bucket if that makes sense so I don’t have to change four separate buckets.
    It’s been years since I’ve done dwc I did coco before and found that unappealing and then there is the waste to deal with, with dwc you just throw it down the loo as you know.
    The ec uptake has slowed so the plants don’t appear hungry anymore and the white hairs have gone brown so to speak.
    Should keep me going for a while so lights off until the next time.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silkysmooth For This Useful Post:

barney_b (03-09-21), Cashmeh (02-09-21), Farmer Geddon (04-09-21), GEORGE (02-09-21), scoot (02-09-21)

Thanks

Thanks, it’s just one res with a four pot/net lid so no linking together, just like one big square bucket if that makes sense so I don’t have to change four separate buckets.
    It’s been years since I’ve done dwc I did coco before and found that unappealing and then there is the waste to deal with, with dwc you just throw it down the loo as you know.
    The ec uptake has slowed so the plants don’t appear hungry anymore and the white hairs have gone brown so to speak.
    Should keep me going for a while so lights off until the next time.
    I gotcha. So I like to pick hydro growers brains, its how im able to help others. So some questions sir. .

How big is the res? How long did you veg for? What was your average ph? How often did you have to adjust ph swings? Have you considered throwing a super small pump in there?

I always suggest pumps in dwc. You would need a filter on it, or a cover over it to protect the roots from clogging it, yet that constant mixing, unlike the airration bubbles, will really help your plant. With dwc the roots tend to grow stringy instead of fishbones due to them seeking out the still pockets of nutrients. But yea, you can hook up a 1/2 line to it, and spiral it inside ur tote, and have it basically hitting the netpot at the top, or hitting the lid. Yet it will leak if your not watertight lol. . Fallponics is what im referring to. That splash isnt really needed, but it does help. . .the pump is really needed lol. .

Sorry im also stoned and like to ramble

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

barney_b (03-09-21), CheapHomeGrown (03-09-21), Farmer Geddon (04-09-21), GEORGE (02-09-21), scoot (02-09-21)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	648DF09A-6F28-402C-A645-EAC1DE14762D.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	406431
    Yeah it has four golf balls in there running off a pump, veg was until I filled the scrog net probably six weeks or so.
    I ran a metal halide at 250w and a hps at 400w in a 120 square tent, on flower depending on temps I took the hps down to 250 as well.
    I always under feed and keep it simple, just use ionic veg then bloom with a little pk boost, I keep the ph down around 5.6 and let it rise to 6.2 then bang it down again.
    I have had much better results in a single bucket where the bids where like beer cans but even with this grow the bids are too heavy for the plant and all laying down so I’m still pleased, filled the entire tent.
    Last edited by Silkysmooth; 02-09-21 at 11:40 PM.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Silkysmooth For This Useful Post:

barney_b (03-09-21), Blue61 (03-09-21), Cashmeh (02-09-21), CheapHomeGrown (03-09-21), Farmer Geddon (04-09-21), GEORGE (02-09-21), scoot (02-09-21)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	648DF09A-6F28-402C-A645-EAC1DE14762D.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	406431
    Yeah it has four golf balls in there running off a pump, veg was until I filled the scrog net probably six weeks or so.
    I ran a metal halide at 250w and a hps at 400w in a 120 square tent, on flower depending on temps I took the hps down to 250 as well.
    I always under feed and keep it simple, just use ionic veg then bloom with a little pk boost, I keep the ph down around 5.6 and let it rise to 6.2 then bang it down again.
    I have had much better results in a single bucket where the bids where like beer cans but even with this grow the bids are too heavy for the plant and all laying down so I’m still pleased, filled the entire tent.
    4 golf balls? As in like unique airstones? Or like a water pump?

Ive been studying how they stake them in soil, wondering if something up top could help hold them, the netting just doesnt seem to work as well as we need. It sucks when they all fall over and lay on the tent lol. .now half the bud is getting light :\ But its by far one of the best problems we can have. I have one scrog for my 4x8, im thinking ill need 2 or 3 lol. . xpecially with a 2 month veg before putting them in there.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cashmeh For This Useful Post:

barney_b (03-09-21), CheapHomeGrown (03-09-21), Farmer Geddon (04-09-21), GEORGE (03-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,144 Times

I used 2" pvc pipe to make a frame, easy to cut, loads of different connects, build any shape you want, could even hang the buckets an 1" off the grown to reduce that vibration noise the airpump makes, hang that too and hide the tubing in the pipes,
    Looks great with the black buckets. Easy to clean and its very strong if design it well.
    Easy to add nets or support bamboo in place.
    Last edited by CheapHomeGrown; 03-09-21 at 12:46 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

barney_b (03-09-21), Cashmeh (03-09-21), Farmer Geddon (04-09-21), GEORGE (03-09-21)

Thanks

Yes golf balls are like small air balls powered by a pump connected to airlines.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkysmooth For This Useful Post:

Cashmeh (04-09-21), Farmer Geddon (04-09-21), GEORGE (03-09-21)