Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Elusive Solar Spectra - Highly Sought After In LED's

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,677 Times

I could be wrong here but there definitely seems to be an influx of new members recently who are here to 'educate' us;

a soil grower telling us they grow the best in soil.
    A hydro guy...well u all know this one.
    And now someone telling us that he knows of a light that beats anything we currently use.

Does anyone else think something is/has been going on in other forums? I dont think these new members realise that were a different group of growers here. Or should i put my tinfoil hat on again

Sent from space with lasers!
    Checkout my current grow - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rip-light-auto

RQS Kush auto, bridgelux pc case grow box

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (05-09-21), gardro (05-09-21), GEORGE (05-09-21), Greengrass (05-09-21), Mac (05-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Motion View Post
    I could be wrong here but there definitely seems to be an influx of new members recently who are here to 'educate' us;

And now someone telling us that he knows of a light that beats anything we currently use.

Does anyone else think something is/has been going on in other forums? I dont think these new members realise that were a different group of growers here. Or should i put my tinfoil hat on again

Comes into someones house and says we're victims and the place is ruined......

Perhaps OP wants a 3rd attempt at this thread. I would recommend putting up the light and keeping it objective. A good light can do the talking.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (05-09-21), GEORGE (05-09-21), Greengrass (05-09-21), Mac (05-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

There's always something new with lights. Growers must junk what they've got and buy the latest thing.

The cynic in me sees the manufacturer tell his boffins to find something about their light that other lights have less of. 'Hey boss, we can't match the competition for lumens but we do beat them on PAR.' 'Good work boffin, let's get a ''Lumens are for humans'' meme going.'

Anyone notice that OP does not say what difference the new improved light will make to the final result?

Growers have gone from hps to led and some have reported a slight increase in bud quality. A few of those led users have reverted to using hps in winter because they want the extra heat. There have been no posts saying: 'I'd love to use hps in the winter but I can't face smoking such low quality bud.'

Why place value on mimicking the solar spectrum? hps isn't close to mimicking sunlight and gives good quality bud. More grams per watt we can get from most leds.

btw, me thanking one of OPs posts was a miss-click. Due to me being very very stoned from smoking bud grown with an imperfect spectrum cmh.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

barney_b (05-09-21), Easy-T (05-09-21), gardro (05-09-21), GEORGE (05-09-21), Greengrass (05-09-21), Mac (05-09-21), Mr_Motion (05-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks

Would you please accept my apology for this thread?
    I can not blame y'all at all for the position that you took.
    I can definitely see myself taking that same position, if I was not the OP.
    I have been a victim of deceptive marketing and slithery sales tactics.

As a newbie, I am exceedingly grateful for your ideas, suggestions, advice, guidance and all your thoughts.
    You might remember the excitement you felt when you first contemplated the idea of growing your own.
    You probably handled that excitement better than I do. And I'm not good enough to write posts that are received with open arms.
    But I promise I'm not selling any lights nor doing anything that y'all suspected me of.
    The new lights that might come out next year are a long story and I just happened to be there (by chance and by luck) but there's nothing in it for me...I don't care if they succeed or if they fail
    ....one day I'll tell you the whole story and it will all suddenly make sense.
    Thank you again for taking the time to point out the ridiculousness of my original post.
    I've been poking around this forum trying to learn and absorb and I can see that y'all are a bunch of great people who are all trying to help each other.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Danniel Shoemaker For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (06-09-21), GEORGE (06-09-21), Keenbuthopeless (09-10-21), Mac (07-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,415 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Motion View Post

You are not wrong bud,invasion of the pro's has begun!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (07-09-21), GEORGE (06-09-21), Mac (07-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,489 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Danniel Shoemaker View Post
    Would you please accept my apology for this thread?
    I can not blame y'all at all for the position that you took.
    I can definitely see myself taking that same position, if I was not the OP.
    I have been a victim of deceptive marketing and slithery sales tactics.

As a newbie, I am exceedingly grateful for your ideas, suggestions, advice, guidance and all your thoughts.
    You might remember the excitement you felt when you first contemplated the idea of growing your own.
    You probably handled that excitement better than I do. And I'm not good enough to write posts that are received with open arms.
    But I promise I'm not selling any lights nor doing anything that y'all suspected me of.
    The new lights that might come out next year are a long story and I just happened to be there (by chance and by luck) but there's nothing in it for me...I don't care if they succeed or if they fail
    ....one day I'll tell you the whole story and it will all suddenly make sense.
    Thank you again for taking the time to point out the ridiculousness of my original post.
    I've been poking around this forum trying to learn and absorb and I can see that y'all are a bunch of great people who are all trying to help each other.
    Well I'm still curious. If you're not comfortable posting it here, care to PM me? I hate a cliffhanger.

Cheers,
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (07-09-21), GEORGE (07-09-21), Mac (07-09-21), scoot (07-09-21)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3