Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Elusive Solar Spectra - Highly Sought After In LED's

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Motion View Post
    Tbh i think people focused on the god aspect as it doesnt add anything to the discussion, whatever anyones religious beliefs are they shouldnt really be used to prove a point (i.e god created the perfect light source, so why do light manufacturers choose to produce a not so perfect light)

Im all for anyone believing whatever they want but there is a time and place, i mean how many people in this forum grow 100% natural (no nutes, definitely not indoors etc) the way god intended the plants to be grown....

Please dont think im hating on religion im genuinely not (im personally agnostic if that makes a difference) like ive said im all for whatever anyone wants to believe in. All i want is actual facts or real life examples to prove points. Not assumptions based on beliefs. I believe there is definitely a need for religion for some people, but again time and place, and i guess subject too?

I 100% agree with you buddy on interesting subject, and knowing for certain why manufacturers ommit certain spectrums, or alter their chosen spectrum to meet their specifications is definitely invaluable information, and no doubt will help people

Lets just keep ANY religion out of discussions about growing - just my opinion, and lets face it opinions are like arseholes everyones got one

Anyway no bad juujuu from me just voicing my thoughts

Sent from space with lasers!
    Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Unless it's the CannaGods. As in, "I have a hermie! Why have the Cannagods forsaken me?"

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Motion View Post
    Yep ill accept that, the cannagods can definitely be maleficent entities sure can be a cruel lot.

It's official God has left the building. Him and Elvis are getting fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches.

Now I hope to find out the details of these new led lamps.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (04-09-21), GEORGE (03-09-21), Mac (03-09-21), Mr_Motion (03-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,677 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    It's official God has left the building. Him and Elvis are getting fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches.

Now I hope to find out the details of these new led lamps.
    Well they sound like some damn fine sandwiches.

Yeah what are these new lights then?

Checkout my current grow - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rip-light-auto

RQS Kush auto, bridgelux pc case grow box

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

barney_b (04-09-21), GEORGE (04-09-21), Mac (04-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks

For many decades, an entire industry of doctors across many nations were all so convinced that humans evolved to the extent that the appendix was no longer needed by the modern and evolved human body. The appendix was explained away as a left over tissue that is useless. So if it ever gets infected or inflamed, then just surgically remove that useless organ.
    However, in this new millennium, the World Health Organization published, in a medical trade journal, that the actual function of the appendix has now been discovered and it is paramount to the immune system. Ooops. Ooooops is how many people felt after they found out that the medical experts had removed millions of countless millions of appendixes.
    The appendix is the engine that continuously works to support the body's effort to balance the microbiome (the gut flora) the engine of the immune system.

In that same spirit, the researchers of LED grow lights have already made awesome strides with more cutting edge breakthroughs coming soon.
    A summary of some highlights in the LED grow light industry

1) some growers skeptically changed to LEDs because of the heat foot print and efficiency but this first waive of pioneers thought that green is not a necessary part of the LED's spectrum
    2) then they realized that green is necessary to plant health so LED's marketers stated to include a spectrum that included some green.
    3) then researchers proved the need to go beyond 400nm-700nm and began to flirt with Far Red and UV light
    4) most LED grow lights now include some red LED's scattered and intermingled among the white LED's
    5) soon we'll see most marketers of LED grow lights include some UV chips scattered and intermingled across the footprint of the LED grow light
    6) but what I saw recently is the next major breakthrough in LED grow lights. They showed me the spectrum and it is very much and in every way like the sun's graph above (not perfectly identical but super close). They would not let me take a picture of the graph but it is so close to the above graph of the sun's spectra above. I think the game is about to change again and it will be all the rage (especially after it gets tested and re-tested and tested again.

Like the appendix, we ought not assume that the spectra they sell us is the optimal one for indoor growth. After all, those were licensed medical doctors that were surgically removing millions of appendixes....some doctors are still removing them...others have learned.
    I'm so excited about the next two years of new product releases in the LED grow lights.
    Stay tuned, I'm going to see how much they let me post. In my next reply to this thread I will try to post the skinny.
    Dan

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Danniel Shoemaker For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (04-09-21), Easy-T (04-09-21), GEORGE (04-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Danniel Shoemaker View Post
    Stay tuned, I'm going to see how much they let me post.
    Dan
    Who?? Who are you advertising for? Surely this is just one big advert for a light company no? we still playing along?
    Last edited by Mac; 04-09-21 at 06:54 AM.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

barney_b (05-09-21), Blue61 (04-09-21), Easy-T (04-09-21), GEORGE (04-09-21), Herbitual (04-09-21), Mr_Motion (04-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,356 Times

If it is he'll be going back to making shoe's

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

barney_b (05-09-21), Blue61 (04-09-21), GEORGE (04-09-21), Herbitual (04-09-21), Mac (04-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Nothing new here

UV leds will burn out quickly so your light would upset your buyers.

Far red doesnt need adding. Its already plentiful in warm white LEDs.

So to the point about sun light. Its not optimal at all. Too much infra red. Too much far red gives lanky stretched plants with reduced yield. Too much UV which stresses plants and reduces yield.

Why do you think indoor grow plants yield far more per square meter than outdoors?

ePar does go just beyond par range yes but only marginally. Its not highly photosynthetic so doesnt make much difference to yield. It doesnt include all that sun spectrum you keeping showing so do not get all this link to sun and god.

Have you wondered why the billions spent on indoor horticulture research and development hasnt produced the light you describe. However I do see many lights on Ebay and Ali Express with silly UV and far red chips.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (04-09-21), GEORGE (04-09-21), Herbitual (04-09-21), Mac (04-09-21), Mr_Motion (04-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks

For the record my friends, I am not advertising for anyone nor for myself. I don't own a grow light company nor do I know anyone that owns a grow light company. I don't get affiliate money for ads nor do I get anything of any value... as some of you insinuate.

I did see a new grow light that is in the works and I'll be paying full price for mine when they're available.
    I'm sorry that you guys have been victims of deceptive marketing techniques...and victims of false testimonials and victims of fake "third party" testing.
    It sucks when greedy marketers ruin a forum like this. This could have been a great forum with great conversations. Instead, a great topic like this gets hijacked by its own members...
    Maybe there's a better way to push away the ones that are actually committing that crime...

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Danniel Shoemaker For This Useful Post:

barney_b (05-09-21), Blue61 (05-09-21), Easy-T (05-09-21), Farmer Geddon (05-09-21), gardro (05-09-21), GEORGE (05-09-21), Mac (05-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

I am sorry it hasn't turned out well. I have to say one thing though.

A forum like this is bombarded by spammers, and others who slither in
    trying to get something for free. Maybe the cynicism wasn't needed but
    understand we are under the same stresses has everyone else right now.
    Hopefully you'll stick around and see for yourself what a bunch of selfless
    folks trying to help fellow growers.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (05-09-21), Danniel Shoemaker (05-09-21), Easy-T (05-09-21), GEORGE (05-09-21), Keenbuthopeless (09-10-21), Mac (05-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Danniel Shoemaker View Post
    For the record my friends, I am not advertising for anyone nor for myself. I don't own a grow light company nor do I know anyone that owns a grow light company. I don't get affiliate money for ads nor do I get anything of any value... as some of you insinuate.

I did see a new grow light that is in the works and I'll be paying full price for mine when they're available.
    I'm sorry that you guys have been victims of deceptive marketing techniques...and victims of false testimonials and victims of fake "third party" testing.
    It sucks when greedy marketers ruin a forum like this. This could have been a great forum with great conversations. Instead, a great topic like this gets hijacked by its own members...
    Maybe there's a better way to push away the ones that are actually committing that crime...
    What is this light then?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-09-21), Mac (05-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,356 Times

2 post isn't really hijacking a thread is it, I'm sorry but spammers have to go and you was coming across as 1,like blue says we get a lot

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-09-21), Mac (05-09-21), scoot (06-09-21)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast