Thread: Black Triangle trichomes at week 5...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,810 Times

Default Black Triangle trichomes at week 5...

Trichome production for my Black Triangle lookin' good so far at week 5. Another 3 or 4 weeks 'til chop. Though I'd throw up a few pics from my personal log. Perhaps I'll do a grow library for the forum if things turn-out half-way decent.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Week 5 Black Triangle-1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	406796

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Week 5 black Triangle-3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	406797

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

barney_b (09-09-21), Blue61 (10-09-21), GEORGE (09-09-21), Mac (10-09-21), V8 (13-09-21)

Thanks

Same plant now at day 65. Looks like flowering time will go 10 weeks on this strain.
    No more white pistils and trichomes are plenty cloudy. Just waiting now for a few ambers to show up. After that I'll put the plant in darkness for 72 hours then chop.
    Name:  20211008_091741 (2).jpg
Views: 182
Size:  216.4 KB
    Name:  20211008_092432 (2).jpg
Views: 177
Size:  245.2 KB

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-10-21), Mac (08-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,483 Times

Still on the fence about the darkness phase before chopping. Has anyone run a side by side? This smacks of bro science. I still give em about 24-36. Anyone have a link they want to send or personal experience they can share on the topic?

Nice little frost factory you got going mpsj. Squish it!

Cheers,
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-10-21), Mac (08-10-21), mpsj (08-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Still on the fence about the darkness phase before chopping. Has anyone run a side by side? This smacks of bro science. I still give em about 24-36. Anyone have a link they want to send or personal experience they can share on the topic?

Nice little frost factory you got going mpsj. Squish it!

Cheers,
    B
    The 72 hours came from a well-respected grower, so I've just been doing it all along. Don't really know if it makes a difference. Would love to hear from others on this.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

barney_b (08-10-21), GEORGE (08-10-21), Mac (08-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,483 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mpsj View Post
    The 72 hours came from a well-respected grower, so I've just been doing it all along. Don't really know if it makes a difference. Would love to hear from others on this.
    "A woman makes the most delicious honey ham every year for her family around the holidays. She always cuts off the very end of the ham, loads it up with spices and fresh pineapple slices. It comes out moist and delicious like clockwork. One day her daughter asks why she cuts off the end of the ham before cooking it. She says, "My mother taught me this recipe and she's the best cook I know. It seems to work well. Isn't the ham delicious?" Her daughter agrees that the ham IS delicous but is still unsatisfied with the answer and calls her grandmother:

GD: Hey gram, I'm learning how to cook your famous ham and was curious why you always cut the end of the ham off"
    GM: Oh honey, your grandpa bought me these pans and they are a bit too small to fit the entire ham so I've always just cut the ends off so they fit."

I love this story. It reminds us that "because I've always done it this way and it works" doesn't always answer the question posed.

You know how long I've been waiting to share that one?

Cheers,
    B

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-10-21), Mac (08-10-21), mpsj (08-10-21), Q_Buds (09-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

If it works why do we bother flowering for so long? . Veg the plant flip till budsites form kill the lights and grow trichomes, they are the main goal. There's some THC etc in the plant material but no where near whats in the trichs. So why waste time building the buds in the light for 10-16 weeks if you can grow trichs in the dark in 6 weeks?

Whatever new trichs are pushed out if any in those hours of darkness will be unripe, probably lacking flavour, potency and would, being clear, possibly induce increased paranoia. The buzz will also be racy if any at all.

EDIT: Love that story Barney
    Last edited by Mac; 08-10-21 at 04:29 PM.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

barney_b (08-10-21), GEORGE (08-10-21), mpsj (08-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    If it works why do we bother flowering for so long? . Veg the plant flip till budsites form kill the lights and grow trichomes, they are the main goal. There's some THC etc in the plant material but no where near whats in the trichs. So why waste time building the buds in the light for 10-16 weeks if you can grow trichs in the dark in 6 weeks?

Whatever new trichs are pushed out if any in those hours of darkness will be unripe, probably lacking flavour, potency and would, being clear, possibly induce increased paranoia. The buzz will also be racy if any at all.

EDIT: Love that story Barney
    I guess there's always two sides to a coin. If you GOOGLE:
    " Dark Before Harvest: Does Darkness Lead to Dankness? " they seem to suggest 72 hours. IDK...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

barney_b (09-10-21), GEORGE (09-10-21), Mac (09-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

I guess there's always two sides to a coin. If you GOOGLE:
    " Dark Before Harvest: Does Darkness Lead to Dankness? " they seem to suggest 72 hours. IDK...
    Not saying it doesn't work but from my own experience I would rather use that time for another feed instead of a dark period. I have personally tried dark periods of 24,48 and 72 hours. I saw no difference.

But as before if it did work, any trichs pushed out in darkness wouldn't have time to mature and ripen in three days so what actual benefit are you gaining from that?, may as well leave the lights on, feed the plant and let any trichs that were already close to maturing finish off instead imo.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

barney_b (10-10-21), Blue61 (09-10-21), GEORGE (09-10-21), mpsj (09-10-21), Q_Buds (09-10-21)