Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: big spider mites issue - mineral oil during flower?

Thanks

Default big spider mites issue - mineral oil during flower?

been dealing with spider mites for years, never been able to get rid of em, my area is littered with pests and being outdoors ain't much i can do.

i found white bio mineral oil is pretty effective at controlling mites, as long as you apply it every week once.

most ppl say you shouldn't use it in flowers, however, every time i stopped using it during flower - THE FUCKERS TOOK OVER, when i spray it once a week i can keep very good control on the mites. very very little damage to leaves, but as soon as i stop they destroy everything

oil bottle say's i can keep using it up until 20 day's before harvest (this is for stuff like tomatoes other vegetables and fruits) i don't see why that wouldn't apply to weed??

i wash my weed before harvest anyways, just like we wash our fruit. can it really impact bud taste??

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Los_Serpent For This Useful Post:

barney_b (18-09-21), GEORGE (14-09-21), Mac (15-09-21), M_C (14-09-21), scoot (15-09-21), V8 (14-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (15-09-21), scoot (15-09-21), V8 (14-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

I wouldn't... but I'm not in the same position as you either!

Out of interest, what would a sulpher bomb achieve?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

barney_b (18-09-21), GEORGE (14-09-21), Mac (16-09-21), scoot (15-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,257 Times

I have an idea,
    depending on the size of your plant and if you can use a temporary greenhouse or something you can make, seal it and pump loads of co2 in the tent, you may need to do some research on this but I think there is a level of co2 that will kill the mites without affecting your plants in flower.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-09-21), Mac (16-09-21), scoot (15-09-21), V8 (14-09-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHomeGrown View Post
    I have an idea,
    depending on the size of your plant and if you can use a temporary greenhouse or something you can make, seal it and pump loads of co2 in the tent, you may need to do some research on this but I think there is a level of co2 that will kill the mites without affecting your plants in flower.
    i don't have any of that you mentioned, besides it seems so overkill. why not just use a pesticide? y'all worry so much, but i bet everyone here goes to the grocery store and buy's meat and vegetables full of hormones and pesticides and all kinds of shit.

i don't think using pesticides on weed is gonna hurt anything, how do industrial weed farms do it outdoors?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Los_Serpent For This Useful Post:

barney_b (18-09-21), CheapHomeGrown (15-09-21), GEORGE (15-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,257 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Los_Serpent View Post
    i don't have any of that you mentioned, besides it seems so overkill. why not just use a pesticide? y'all worry so much, but i bet everyone here goes to the grocery store and buy's meat and vegetables full of hormones and pesticides and all kinds of shit.

i don't think using pesticides on weed is gonna hurt anything, how do industrial weed farms do it outdoors?
    If my plants where covered in bugs (veg only), I would consider using something like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210915-191356_DuckDuckGo.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	407136
    But never in flower, hope for the best and continue your grow or start again JMO

About the C02, if the problem keeps happening, look into as you have nothing to lose.

Name:	Screenshot_20210915-191647_DuckDuckGo.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	432.1 KB 
ID:	407137

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-09-21), Mac (16-09-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHomeGrown View Post
    If my plants where covered in bugs (veg only), I would consider using something like

Name:	Screenshot_20210915-191356_DuckDuckGo.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	407136
    But never in flower, hope for the best and continue your grow or start again JMO

About the C02, if the problem keeps happening, look into as you have nothing to lose.

Name:	Screenshot_20210915-191647_DuckDuckGo.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	432.1 KB 
ID:	407137
    mineral oil is fine for veg.

i need something for flowering.

that bottle would last me for maybe half a plant btw, when i spray them with mineral oil i spray 1l/plant, they're big girls.

500ml of mineral oil is 12 euro, 10ml/1 L water is the ratio recommended, bottle lasts for a while...

not suitable for flowering as far as i've been told thoo

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Los_Serpent For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (16-09-21), GEORGE (15-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

I think the main reason for not using a pesticide during flower is that the chemicals used produce radical elements when combusted. Another reason is that when used on food products, say tomatoes or another fruit, they don't test said fruits ability to hold onto the pesticide by burning them. It is unknown what these chemicals will do when combusted inside cannabis flowers.
    I have zero experience growing outdoors, my only thoughts would be to find strains that have higher resistance to bugs. Perhaps you can look up how to make a homemade chilli spray for killing spidermites, I've used one for an indoor grow and it destroys the little fuckers

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (16-09-21), GEORGE (16-09-21), Mac (16-09-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I think the main reason for not using a pesticide during flower is that the chemicals used produce radical elements when combusted. Another reason is that when used on food products, say tomatoes or another fruit, they don't test said fruits ability to hold onto the pesticide by burning them. It is unknown what these chemicals will do when combusted inside cannabis flowers.
    I have zero experience growing outdoors, my only thoughts would be to find strains that have higher resistance to bugs. Perhaps you can look up how to make a homemade chilli spray for killing spidermites, I've used one for an indoor grow and it destroys the little fuckers

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    same issue as other natural remedies tho, needs to be applied every other day manually (gotta get every leaf up and under), not possible for a large grow

found a thing that say's to mix vegetable oil + dish soap, tbh i'd rather smoke mineral oil than dish soap, dish soap doesn't seem that healthy lol? what's your guy's take on it?
    Last edited by Los_Serpent; 16-09-21 at 01:51 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Los_Serpent For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-09-21), Loki (16-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

When you say big grow, how big you talking?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (16-09-21), GEORGE (16-09-21)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast