Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Droop

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,381 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I thought you had to water daily to wash the old nutes out and drowning was impossible in Coco
    Wouldn't say impossible.. suppose you can still over water if you give them too much especially young plants. With coco theirs suppose to be more air pockets for the roots to breathe.
    When I had them in the smaller pots I had no problems even let them dry out until pots were light as a feather but since transplant they have gone down hill

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-09-21), Jingo (29-09-21), Mac (29-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,494 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    They aren't supposed to dry out, dry coco = root death/stunting/stress/shock etc Coco is hydro forget your soil ways

They are heavy because THERE IS still water in there, good, coco is most aerated when saturated. Wet coco is full of oxygen. You feed daily to make sure the water sat in there is fresh every time you miss a feed you are choking your plants roots, shocking the plant more and increasing the visible symptoms including droop.
    Just incase the OP missed this

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jstatus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-09-21), Jingo (29-09-21), Mac (09-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,735 Times
    Provided Answers: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy bud View Post
    It's doing head in this. With the leaves curling I was thinking heat stress but the temps are 20c and the light is about 1.5 foot away be I know if they do get too hot the leaves curl over too cool down I've had this before. The drooping is either too much water or not enough but the stems curve and don't sag.
    I was also thinking nute burn because of the brown edges but nute burn shows in the tips first. The only reason I flushed was because I read it could be potassium toxicity and from the images I've seen it looks like that apart from the crinkled leaves.

It's possible to get a droopy plant when it's not getting enough nutrients. I understand thinking maybe had a PK burn on the edge of the leaves because they will do that.

Sometimes in Coco you can get burning on the edge of the leaves if you come in and feed when it's really thirsty, when the Coco is mostly dry.

Are these autos? I've had autos droop when I gave them 24 hours of light. As soon as I dropped them to 18 they quit drooping.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (29-09-21), GEORGE (29-09-21), Jstatus (29-09-21), Mac (29-09-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    It's possible to get a droopy plant when it's not getting enough nutrients. I understand thinking maybe had a PK burn on the edge of the leaves because they will do that.

Sometimes in Coco you can get burning on the edge of the leaves if you come in and feed when it's really thirsty, when the Coco is mostly dry.

Are these autos? I've had autos droop when I gave them 24 hours of light. As soon as I dropped them to 18 they quit drooping.

J

No there not auto's pal.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-09-21), Jingo (29-09-21), Mac (29-09-21)

Thanks

I've done loads of reading on this today.
    Some said to point the fan more in-between the light and the fan because if it's more on the plants it can cause the leaves to dry out. Also lower the wattage on the light or move it up.... the light is on 400w at the minute and moved up.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-09-21), Jingo (29-09-21), Mac (29-09-21)

Thanks

I know people are saying there thirsty and to feed them but the pots are heavy. When I've done in coco before I used to do the pick up test to feel the weight. you get a feel for how heavy they are so know when to water..

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

barney_b (29-09-21), GEORGE (30-09-21), Jingo (29-09-21), Mac (29-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times
    Provided Answers: 15

No sorry I was just going to let this go as I've no investment in Coco but it's an itch I need scratching
    Everything I thought I knew about Coco was you have to water daily sometimes twice later on in flower and never to let Coco dry out ...ever , it's what has stopped me switching to it was the daily routine of mixing nutes and then binning 20% of good nutes out of the bottom each time.
    Atb

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (30-09-21), GEORGE (30-09-21), Herbitual (29-09-21), Jingo (29-09-21), Jstatus (29-09-21), Mac (30-09-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    No sorry I was just going to let this go as I've no investment in Coco but it's an itch I need scratching
    Everything I thought I knew about Coco was you have to water daily sometimes twice later on in flower and never to let Coco dry out ...ever , it's what has stopped me switching to it was the daily routine of mixing nutes and then binning 20% of good nutes out of the bottom each time.
    Atb
    I know what your saying loads of people do keep coco wet but I've had coco dry out until the pot is light. I have two in the shed at minute that's in flower and let them dry out and they've been fine and look good.
    I'll post a pic tomorrow.
    This is the issue one's in shed dry up every 2 days I give them 3 litres each until run off out the bottom they look healthy.
    The 4 in the loft was started the same as the ones in the shed looked cracking but 1 week after transplant into 18l pots and 1L water each the leaves started drooping and became crinkled looking. So I left it 4 days and pots where still heavy ish so I came on here for advice and was told water them because water pulls air into the coco, so I did pots got even heavier so left it about a week and pots became lighter, but still heavy at the bottom. So I decided to do a flush increase of potassium toxicity and probably salt build up around the root zone. Ph and ec seems fine but I think I've added to the problem with the flush. we'll see but I'm going to leave them until pots are light.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-09-21)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 3

are u in veg or flower mate what's your EC and what are your temps

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dale92 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-09-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dale92 View Post
    are u in veg or flower mate what's your EC and what are your temps

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    Still in veg. My EC is 0.8 - 1.0 keeps hovering between but that's on the feed I just give them yesterday and that's at 2mil per litre but before that I was given them 4mil per litre. My temps are 22c at the minute because I have a heater in there blowing away from plants so not direct at them.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-09-21)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast