Thread: Autopot XL 4-pot System in 5x5 tent advice?

Thanks

Default Autopot XL 4-pot System in 5x5 tent advice?

Hello,
    I have an Autopot XL 4 pot system arriving today and I’m planning out my next grow. If you’re not aware of the Autopot, it uses a wicking system and float valve system to continuously feed nutrients to support your plants for multiple days at a time. It is a bottom feed system.

Does anyone else run this in their tent where they can provide any additional advice or photos?

I assume that the water reservoir should not be in the tent because it’s too warm in there?

I also assume that I will need to use a pump to keep the nutrients in suspension in the reservoir.

Someone also mentioned that the tubes clog easily….has that been your experience? Has anyone upgraded to larger tubes?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twalte For This Useful Post:

barney_b (01-10-21), Buttercup (15-03-22), GEORGE (01-10-21), Mac (02-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by twalte View Post
    Hello,
    I have an Autopot XL 4 pot system arriving today and I’m planning out my next grow. If you’re not aware of the Autopot, it uses a wicking system and float valve system to continuously feed nutrients to support your plants for multiple days at a time. It is a bottom feed system.

Does anyone else run this in their tent where they can provide any additional advice or photos?

I assume that the water reservoir should not be in the tent because it’s too warm in there?

I also assume that I will need to use a pump to keep the nutrients in suspension in the reservoir.

Someone also mentioned that the tubes clog easily….has that been your experience? Has anyone upgraded to larger tubes?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Reservoirs are generally always better outside the tent where possible imo. Means you always have access to it regardless of what light cycle your plants are in and as you suggest helps keep the temps down too

If you choose a decent submersible pump you can circulate the nutes back to the top of the res to create a fountain/waterfall, this helps keep the water oxygenated and the nutes well mixed too.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Buttercup (15-03-22), GEORGE (02-10-21), twalte (02-10-21)

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback!

I’ve learned that the new Autopot system uses larger tubing (3/8 inch now compared to 1/4 before) which should prevent clogging. Now my only question is whether I can place the reservoir over 10 feet away and maintain pressure since it is gravity fed. I will try it and document the Autopot in a grow diary.

There’s very little information on this system here in the U.S…..this appears to be much more popular in the U.K.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twalte For This Useful Post:

Buttercup (15-03-22), GEORGE (03-10-21), Mac (03-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,418 Times

Quote Originally Posted by twalte View Post
    Thank you for the feedback!

I’ve learned that the new Autopot system uses larger tubing (3/8 inch now compared to 1/4 before) which should prevent clogging. Now my only question is whether I can place the reservoir over 10 feet away and maintain pressure since it is gravity fed. I will try it and document the Autopot in a grow diary.

There’s very little information on this system here in the U.S…..this appears to be much more popular in the U.K.
    Here's a link to Wile-E-Peyote's diary. He grows in auto pots and I'm sure he'd offer you
    advise if ya need it.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ould-go-wrong)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Buttercup (15-03-22), GEORGE (03-10-21), Mac (03-10-21), twalte (03-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    Here's a link to Wile-E-Peyote's diary. He grows in auto pots and I'm sure he'd offer you
    advise if ya need it.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ould-go-wrong)
    Thanks Blue.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twalte For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-10-21), Buttercup (15-03-22), GEORGE (03-10-21), Mac (03-10-21)