Thread: Help! White powdery stuff (Outdoor grow)

Thanks

Default Help! White powdery stuff (Outdoor grow)

This is a blue dream girl about 2 weeks into flowering. Transplanted one time from a 5 gal into a 15 gal pot around late July. Soil is compost, I haven't fed any nutrients just water as needed. We had heavy heavy rains about a week ago and I started to notice some white stuff right after that. Plant gets plenty of air circulation etc. Seems like the white stuff is mostly on the bottom sections but to be honest I'd have to get on a ladder to check the top leaves.

I kinda panicked and started snipping any fan leaves that had white powder and I accidentally cut the top off a flower off anyone else ever done this??? Can I dry this and smoke it just for fun?

Ultimately I did some quick googling and ended up making a 1:3 water:milk solution and spraying the entire plant but it might have been too late in the day (5pm). I'm going to check her out in the morning and hope that all is well. This is my healthiest, tallest, best looking plant and I love this strain so fingers crossed.
    Anything else I should do? Thinking I'll treat again with the milk solution in the morning.

Also I will be posting a diary very soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks!

Crazy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1356.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	408054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1361.jpg 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	408056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1359.jpg 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	408057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1370.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	408058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1372.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	408059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1371.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	408060   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1375.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	481.4 KB 
ID:	408055  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazy87 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-10-21), GEORGE (02-10-21), Jingo (02-10-21), Mac (02-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

Yeah that's powdery mildew all right, that's a real shame. Now that you're into flower you don't want to be spraying anything on them so you kind of just have to take off everything with mildew and hope it doesn't spread to the top kolas.

I would go ahead and smoke that but it looks fine to me. I used to know a lot of guys that would make bubble hash out of flowers that got mildew on them. I never did it myself, I just binned all the plant that was bad.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-10-21), crazy87 (02-10-21), GEORGE (02-10-21), Mac (02-10-21), The budda (03-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,165 Times

Definitely Powdery mildew. I f you can get 'The Amazing Doctor Zymes', it works and you can spray it on flowers and it will help defend against Bud Rot. Hopefully you can get that plant to full maturation before it gets too cold.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old Skool Dude For This Useful Post:

crazy87 (11-10-21), GEORGE (04-10-21), Mac (12-10-21)

Thanks

Just ordered some, kept it at bay with baking soda most of the week, need something better now. Fingers crossed.

I just harvested the rest of my plants. Some of them have the mildew on parts of the flowers. What should I do? Can I dry them in the same room as the flowers that don't have the mildew, is it worth it to dry them at all? should I toss them?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crazy87 For This Useful Post:

Mac (12-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by crazy87 View Post
    Just ordered some, kept it at bay with baking soda most of the week, need something better now. Fingers crossed.

I just harvested the rest of my plants. Some of them have the mildew on parts of the flowers. What should I do? Can I dry them in the same room as the flowers that don't have the mildew, is it worth it to dry them at all? should I toss them?
    Mix some whole milk with water, and spray the plant real good. JMO

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (12-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Is every one sure that is Mildew and not thc?

Thanks

Just wanted to pop in and say we've had some good weather. Still humid but nice and windy and good sun during the day. The milk solution is getting my girl through. I haven't seen any mildew on the flowers, just the leaves. I think my Doctor Zymes will be here tomorrow and hopefully that will get rid of the mildew all together. I had two top branches of this plant snap due to high winds but other than that I think she's going to make it. The kolas are pretty heavy at this point, if I'm going to grow one this big next year I'm really going to need some good ideas on how to support the kolas late in the season like this.

Really appreciate everyone's help here. I decided to throw away one plant where the mildew looked patchy on the flowers and I didn't want to risk it infecting any other buds while they dried. I've learned a lot this first grow season. I'm going to be pretty busy the next couple weeks and possibly months with trimming etc. but I'm excited to post a grow journal eventually. Not sure I could have made it through this crucial time in the grow season if I hadn't found this forum. Thanks all!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazy87 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (14-10-21), GEORGE (13-10-21)