Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: should i sack off grow nutes at this point

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,337 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    I would cut off the bad leaves like mpsj suggets. It will help a lot with air flow.
    If you have epsom salt I would give them a foliar feed of it. They are not to far
    into flower yet so it will be ok. Let's see how they look a day or 2 later. IMO I
    think you maybe getting a P def.
    You wouldn’t think she is 8 weeks old would ya m8, I stunted her somehow I think, the only time I don’t have problems with growing is usually day 1-35 then shit goes downhill after that lol
    Cheers m8

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Doink (16-10-21), GEORGE (05-10-21), Mac (05-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    Meant to say I’m only using a small light m8 it’s a 150w respect hlg from vividled, cheers
    Still a powerful light that can overwhelm a plant at the wrong height.

Plain water would be my suggestion. I don't use bottled nutrients but if I did I would only up the feed if they looked pale. Less is more!

sent from space

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (15-10-21), Doink (16-10-21), GEORGE (05-10-21), Mac (05-10-21), scorpion (05-10-21)

Thanks

Oh I know I found out the hard way m8 lol, it’s powerful enough for me anyway and I’m still trying to get used to it after X amount of grows lol
    I’ll have to check the distance from the plant again m8 and get her watered
    Cheers bud

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (15-10-21), Doink (16-10-21), GEORGE (05-10-21), Mac (05-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,810 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    I would cut off the bad leaves like mpsj suggets. It will help a lot with air flow.
    If you have epsom salt I would give them a foliar feed of it. They are not to far
    into flower yet so it will be ok. Let's see how they look a day or 2 later. IMO I
    think you maybe getting a P def.
    I too thought about a P def. or Ca def. via nutrient lockout. If the pH is too low you can have Nitrogen burn and a deficiency at the same time.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (06-10-21), Doink (16-10-21), GEORGE (06-10-21), Mac (06-10-21), scorpion (15-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,257 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

The soil, Old Timers should be good.

Do the buckets/pots have some drainage hole in the bottom?
    Do you let the buckets/pots sit in large amounts of runoff?

What are the room temps, lights on/off?
    What's the size of the pots?

how often do you water the plants?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

Doink (16-10-21), GEORGE (06-10-21), Mac (15-10-21), scorpion (15-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHomeGrown View Post
    The soil, Old Timers should be good.

Do the buckets/pots have some drainage hole in the bottom?
    Do you let the buckets/pots sit in large amounts of runoff?

What are the room temps, lights on/off?
    What's the size of the pots?

how often do you water the plants?
    Yes I drilled quite a few in it m8 and no I don’t let them sit in runoff m8 they are raised

I don’t have the lights off bud only when I’m watering and taking pics, but might turn them off the odd time if I’m going to be out for ours (I’m paranoid lol)

That bucket says it’s 10litre but I would say it’s 12 really

I usually water every 3-5 days but I’ve been trying to leave them a bit longer since the shite leaves started, this isn’t a first for me though m8 my leaves always go to shit once the soil nutes get used up usually week 5-7, I am thinking I might be overwatering or it’s the ph thanks m8

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Doink (16-10-21), Mac (15-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

So i've got to that point again where my leaves start going to shit but i'm not sure why, i should mention i'm growing in biobizz light soil and using old timers grow and bloom again as i thought it would be hard for me to overfeed with them, So i've been building up nutes a little each time and i last gave her 2ml grow and 2ml bloom in 2 litres of water last time but she's still getting yellow leaves so i'm thinking up the grow, i've noticed the nute burn as well so really don't know what to feed later or what
    any help is appreciated peeps
    thanks

Attachment 408317 Attachment 408318 Attachment 408319 Attachment 408320
    Less seems to always be more. JMO

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (15-10-21), Doink (16-10-21), scorpion (15-10-21)

Thanks

There a problem with the root mass.
    It's very unlikely to be a deficiency,
    small plant in a large pot and your feeding the plant.
    Your watering every 3-5 days (10/12ltr pot) this is all wrong.(every 2/3 days is normal in a 10ltr bucket)
    You get problems week 5-7
    Your underwatering the plants, there no doubt about this or your humidity is really high(75%)
    Check your root mass, is the root mass soild?
    Because this will stop water drainning out of the holes.
    Last edited by CheapHomeGrown; 16-10-21 at 12:12 AM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

Doink (16-10-21), GEORGE (17-10-21), scorpion (16-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHomeGrown View Post
    There a problem with the root mass.
    It's very unlikely to be a deficiency,
    small plant in a large pot and your feeding the plant.
    Your watering every 3-5 days (10/12ltr pot) this is all wrong.(every 2/3 days is normal in a 10ltr bucket)
    You get problems week 5-7
    Your underwatering the plants, there no doubt about this or your humidity is really high(75%)
    Check your root mass, is the root mass soild?
    Because this will stop water drainning out of the holes.
    Cheers m8 not sure about the root mass but it drains well and I’ve been watering when the pot feels light apart from the last couple of times I thought I had been overwatering it so I left it longer before watering
    Cheers bud

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (16-10-21), Doink (16-10-21), GEORGE (17-10-21)

Thanks

Cheers m8 not sure about the root mass but it drains well and I’ve been watering when the pot feels light apart from the last couple of times I thought I had been overwatering it so I left it longer before watering
    Cheers bud
    About the root mass.

The roots are very delicate and the root growth slows down after the plants start to grow buds.

If the root mass completely drys out, some of the roots will start to die off, the plant may redirect energy from the leaves to grow more roots looking for water at the base of the pot(to survive).
    This will also cause the EC level to rise and this will affect the ph level, if the EC rises too fast, the roots will burn, over time the roots will start to redirect the food to the fan leaves, and they will look burnt on the edges.
    As a result, the plants will use less food next time you water.

Underwatering causes the fan leaves to drop vertically, after watering the plants, they should bounce back within 30mins, but you damage the plant each time you do this.
    slightly under-watered on a regular basis will cause the lower leaves to turn yellow and die off, as the plant uses the stored water in the lower leaves.

overwatering causes the leaves to cup/claw, about 5mins after watering.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

Doink (16-10-21), GEORGE (17-10-21), scorpion (17-10-21)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast