Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: None fault car smash

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,381 Times

Default None fault car smash

Didn't really know where to put this but here goes.
    2 year 3 days ago had a bump in my car. Someone hit me trying to overtake chasing another car. Guy did one but followed him got his details so as you do went though insurance. I lost 9 years no claims but they let me keep 2. I've been with same insurance company 2 years now but had to tell them I had 2 years no claims also about the accident, so as you can imagine my insurance went through the roof until this claim was dealt with.
    So the other day we went to court and he accepted full liability half hour before we was due to go in.
    So me question is... will I get money back from my car insurance because I got charged over the odds and will it get recalculated now.
    Really appreciate info or if someone's been in a similar position

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-10-21), Jingo (07-10-21), scoot (07-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,489 Times

Your insurance raised your premium because someone else hit you? And now you want to recoup the difference in your monthly premium since you've been paying more since the accident. Is that right?

I'd love to say the insurance company will do the right thing but in my experience, I'd start shopping now for a new carrier. Hell, I shop my insurance carrier every 2 years and have never failed to save some coin.

Sucks about having to go to court only to have the jerk who smashed ya accept blame THEN. He could have saved a lot of time and effort by doing the right thing immediately.

Cheers

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

gardro (07-10-21), GEORGE (07-10-21), Jingo (07-10-21), scoot (07-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

Been there, done that!

What happened with me was, they'd kept my excess & reduced my NCB

When the conviction of the other driver was secured, my company returned my excess & restored my NCB to where it should be. Don't be afraid to chase them if it doesn't happen!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

barney_b (07-10-21), Fluffy bud (08-10-21), gardro (07-10-21), GEORGE (07-10-21), Jingo (07-10-21), scoot (07-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,810 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy bud View Post
    Didn't really know where to put this but here goes.
    2 year 3 days ago had a bump in my car. Someone hit me trying to overtake chasing another car. Guy did one but followed him got his details so as you do went though insurance. I lost 9 years no claims but they let me keep 2. I've been with same insurance company 2 years now but had to tell them I had 2 years no claims also about the accident, so as you can imagine my insurance went through the roof until this claim was dealt with.
    So the other day we went to court and he accepted full liability half hour before we was due to go in.
    So me question is... will I get money back from my car insurance because I got charged over the odds and will it get recalculated now.
    Really appreciate info or if someone's been in a similar position

Knock-on-wood, I haven't been there myself but I'd go with M_C's suggestion. Chase them down and be persistent. There's always Small Claims Court if your insurance company does not do you justice. As you've found out good things can happen before a case is even presented to a Judge. Good luck!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

Fluffy bud (07-10-21), gardro (07-10-21), GEORGE (07-10-21), M_C (07-10-21), scoot (07-10-21)

Thanks

If no joy, throw it in the hands of the Financial Ombudsmsn - https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Fluffy bud (07-10-21), gardro (07-10-21), GEORGE (07-10-21), scoot (07-10-21)

Thanks

Do you think they should pay me the premiums back then because if this didn't happen my insurance would of probably been cheaper than what I did pay

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

gardro (07-10-21), GEORGE (07-10-21), scoot (07-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,810 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy bud View Post
    Do you think they should pay me the premiums back then because if this didn't happen my insurance would of probably been cheaper than what I did pay

You're only going to get one shot with the insurance company to make amends, so you might as well throw everything at them.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

Fluffy bud (07-10-21), gardro (07-10-21), GEORGE (07-10-21), M_C (07-10-21), scoot (07-10-21)

Thanks

Your premium should be adjusted to take into account the new information

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Fluffy bud (08-10-21), gardro (07-10-21), GEORGE (07-10-21), scoot (07-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

If you still get no joy, another angle is a subject access request on yourself with the insurance company.

Law requires data to be current and accurate so it works really well with the above.

Not only are you overcharging me, you are also unlawful - they hate that.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Fluffy bud (08-10-21), GEORGE (07-10-21), M_C (07-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Your insurance raised your premium because someone else hit you? And now you want to recoup the difference in your monthly premium since you've been paying more since the accident. Is that right?

I'd love to say the insurance company will do the right thing but in my experience, I'd start shopping now for a new carrier. Hell, I shop my insurance carrier every 2 years and have never failed to save some coin.

Sucks about having to go to court only to have the jerk who smashed ya accept blame THEN. He could have saved a lot of time and effort by doing the right thing immediately.

Cheers
    Your 100% right lucky for me I got cctv from someone's house showing what he did. My solicitor told his we had cctv but I think they didn't believe us then the day of court they must of seen it when we presented evidence so that's when they taken 100% liability. If the guy would of just pulled over when it happened this would of been sorted but he did one hoping to get away with it.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

barney_b (09-10-21), GEORGE (08-10-21), M_C (14-10-21)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast