Thread: growing indoor cannabis how difficult to cultivate

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

Default growing indoor cannabis how difficult to cultivate

what nutrients should the soil needed in order to keep the plants healthy and perfectly grow well until the harvesting?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeverlyHolloway For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-10-21), GEORGE (08-10-21), V8 (08-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.

Water only, no nutes.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-10-21), Mac (08-10-21), Shaun (14-10-21), The budda (08-10-21), V8 (08-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,057 Times

I'm in my first grow, seedling and early veg are easy peasy. Late veg is when I started running into nutritional deficiencies and ph issues. 2 weeks into flower. My advice is to not start your grow until you have everything you need from start to finish. Top and do LST earlier rather than later. Read the grow diaries on here, and also the stickies. Tons of information THAT YOU WILL NEED.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shaun For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-10-21), forager (15-10-21), GEORGE (14-10-21), twalte (16-10-21), V8 (14-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,955 Times

there are many options of paths to take, but my current method is in commercial soil, which (for my choice in soil) feeds my plants for about 2-3 weeks. when the plants show signs of deficiency i pot them up (i am working on a better schedule). i do that twice during veg and that sees them through to flower usually, at which point i give them organic liquid feed mixed with their water. i also have veg specific feed just in case they need more during veg. it probably costs about $20/year/plant at most for nutrients.

hopefully somebody can chime in with a more accurate response involving measuring your soil with a TDS meter. i know there is a proper way to measure your soils nutrient content and calculate exactly what you need to give them, but i have not gone this route yet myself so will leave that to somebody more experienced to explain.

a good start would be to figure out if you plan to use organic compost or commercial soil and ideally figure out exactly which soil you will use. that will give you a better idea of what you will need.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forager For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-10-21), GEORGE (15-10-21), V8 (15-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Cannabis is as easy to grow as nettles. It's trying for better than average results that causes problems.

Some will tell you that growing in soil is the easiest. That's true if you already have experience growing plants in soil. With zero experience, a soil grow can be problematic. Most manage to muddle through their first soil grow and with each successive grow, fewer mistakes are made.

An alternative to soil is passive hydro. Not much skill required, it's growing by numbers. Using ec and pH meters can be off putting and some shy away from passive hydro because of that.

I do passive hydro with the lucas formula. Zero growing skills needed to have healthy plants. No ec or pH meters needed. I mix up 20 litres of nutes at a time and every day, the plants get fed 1 or 2 litres of nutes depending on their size. I probably don't get yields as high as those skilled at using meters. As I never run dry, that doesn't matter to me.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

forager (17-10-21), GEORGE (15-10-21), V8 (15-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

The op is on break. Permanently.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-10-21), GEORGE (15-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    The op is on break. Permanently.
    How did they manage that with only one post?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    How did they manage that with only one post?
    If you saw the email address they signed up with then you'd scratch your head at their question!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (16-10-21), forager (17-10-21), GEORGE (17-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,955 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    If you saw the email address they signed up with then you'd scratch your head at their question!
    i'm curious what could have been in their email address to make you guys remove him/her? how much can you tell us?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forager For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (17-10-21), GEORGE (17-10-21)