Thread: Good Empty 510 Cartridges?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,350 Times

Default Good Empty 510 Cartridges?

Hi all,

I have been pressing my own rosin here the last few months and filling carts with it. Being as I am still very much within the learning curve, I have only been smashing about 3.5g and making a couple of carts at a time. I have been using wax liquidizer for everything so far, but probably should look at going with straight terps once this bottle runs out.

That said, I have tried running a few different 510 options (Ccell included), but have found that the BEST carts so far have been the SPRK carts made by PCKT Vapor. Where other carts would peter out after 3/4's consumed, the SPRK carts will allow me to run near dry, refill, then run dry again (I only refill once, as it seems by the second refill, it also peters out after about 1/2 a cart). I should add that I am using 160 micron bags at 180F for about 300 seconds after preheat, so going to a lower micron bag might make produce better results than what I have achieved so far..

Anybody know some good runner-ups or a superior cartridges to the SPRK cartridges? I have made about 16 SPRK carts so far with good results, but need to restock soon. In my quest to find a "standard" to run this "precious" rosin through, I am kinda curious to know what others are using and their results with said preference.. Any takers?

BTW, I think that home pressed rosin is becoming so popular that it could use it's own sub-forum at this point, but meh..

-Domo

Attachment 408641

Attachment 408642
    Last edited by DomoArigato; 11-10-21 at 02:18 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

barney_b (11-10-21), GEORGE (11-10-21), Mac (11-10-21), Q_Buds (11-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,485 Times

This piques all the interests, Domo. My final form will be making carts for medication on the go.

I'd be extremely interested in seeing your process as what I've found on youtube seems sloppy and mostly "off the cuff".

Additionally, I was looking at picking up that DulyTek squisher closer to the holidays. Have you had a good experience with that unit? Looks like the 5 ton model, yeah?

Sorry I can't give you recommendations at this time. Share some info and I'll be able to do some testing for you in the near future.

Cheers!
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-10-21), Mac (11-10-21), Q_Buds (11-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

IMHO, the cartridge is only as good as the mod that drives it....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

barney_b (11-10-21), GEORGE (11-10-21), Mac (11-10-21)

Thanks

Hi barney,

Oh yeah, couldn't agree more re: final form! That is my thought process on the matter as well, as it is waaay more convenient when on the fly, especially when it comes to discrete maneuvers! Discreteness is somewhat my mantra..

The press is their 7-ton unit and it has worked GREAT so far. I am honing my process and making adjustments from things learned from previous presses. I have a pretty standard procedure that I do at this point which works out well IMO. I use cylindrical bags and do the bottletek pre-press before bagging and squeezing. I tried a 7g squeeze a couple of times, but I like doing two 3.5g squeezes at this point, as it seems to yield a bit better. Still on my first grow, so not quite "in abundance" just yet, but more testing and refining will surely take place once thats achieved.

Also, I found that it helps IMMENSLY to have a small cooler with a 1gal zipper bag filled with ice to cool before collecting. Passive chiller plates only work as good as ambient temps will allow, so thinking of fabbing up an aluminum chiller plate/box that I can pack ice into to take it one step further, maybe even just something that will seat in the cooler above the ice vs the lil baby plate that I currently have.

Most of my work gets done under the cover of darkness with prying eyes around, but everything is portable if you catch my drift and want to arrange a demo sometime. I have read a few of your threads, you seem like a standup dude..

Hi M_C,

Care to elaborate, maybe share some insight? I have box mods, but have been using the PCKT battery along with an Ooze battery for my SPRK and other 510 carts. The ooze battery believe it or not is preferrable to me as it seems to work better than PCKT's despite the SPRK carts being designed for the PCKT battery. I have been weary of using a box mod because a bit worried that I would botch the wattage and burn the cart deeming unusable, so really.. insight would be totally appreciated.

Also, if you have any recommendations on 510 wax coils, I'd love to hear that as well. I was kinda duped into a little device called "The Curer" because it is a 3-in-1 unit. It does wax ok, but terrible for vaping dry herb and too scared to put any oil in the oil cart. Kinda concerned with using it long term because not much is known about manufacturing process, one of those straight from China takes a month to receive devices..hmm.. so, been on the lookout for a better dev that still meets the portable and discreet bill if you can recommend any..

Thanks!

-Domo

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

barney_b (11-10-21), GEORGE (11-10-21), Mac (12-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

When I was vaping, I was using 100% VG - if you know much about vaping, you'll know that 100% VG takes some grunt to keep it all running, whereas a more PG orientated vape requires very little effort - many of the cartridges are designed for a PG mix...

So, using the above as a starting point, look at the 'beefier' tanks that are designed for full on VG with a box mod that can deliver the power where required.

Never tried wax - & dry herb just won't work (it can't wick)

I did a write up of how I did things a couple of year back, take a look - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...-makes-eJuice-)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-10-21), DomoArigato (13-10-21), GEORGE (12-10-21), Mac (12-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,485 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    When I was vaping, I was using 100% VG - if you know much about vaping, you'll know that 100% VG takes some grunt to keep it all running, whereas a more PG orientated vape requires very little effort - many of the cartridges are designed for a PG mix...

So, using the above as a starting point, look at the 'beefier' tanks that are designed for full on VG with a box mod that can deliver the power where required.

Never tried wax - & dry herb just won't work (it can't wick)

I did a write up of how I did things a couple of year back, take a look - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...-makes-eJuice-)
    I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Cheers M_C

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

DomoArigato (13-10-21), GEORGE (12-10-21), Mac (12-10-21), M_C (12-10-21)

Thanks

Thanks for that M_C, I like that! Good work!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-10-21), Mac (13-10-21), M_C (13-10-21)